Made it to Elite! Tips or secrets I need to know?

LICRUISEAHOLICS

We are traveling on the Reflection with good friends who are Elite members. We have done 6 Celebrity cruises so far. Does this mean that we can't join them at the Elite events. Can we pay for our drinks so they can take advantage of their free drinks?

Frequently located in Michael's from 11ish to 2pm-ish Can't give you exact times. They serve Sparkling wine, Mimosas, Specialty coffees. also included is a Cake and sweets bar, small sandwiches, fruits. The most important thing included is quiet.

Isn't that for those in suites?

We are traveling on the Reflection with good friends who are Elite members. We have done 6 Celebrity cruises so far. Does this mean that we can't join them at the Elite events. Can we pay for our drinks so they can take advantage of their free drinks?

Unfortunately you can't join them. It's elites only.

We've found those that tip as wine o said, $5. with the first drink the first day never lack for a drink and they usually bring my husband 2 at 6:58.

I've seen lots that didn't tip looking hard for a drink and waiting. If the venue isn't crowded they get to all but if it's crowded they get to those who tip first. This has been my observation on several cruises. We enjoy our Elite benefits on X.

Frequently located in Michael's from 11ish to 2pm-ish Can't give you exact times. They serve Sparkling wine, Mimosas, Specialty coffees. also included is a Cake and sweets bar, small sandwiches, fruits. The most important thing included is quiet.

I thought this venue was being turned into a sports bar?

I could be wrong, but I think this is only for guests in suites.

Isn't that for those in suites?

Michael's: Embarkation Day Invitation only..

Can you imagine a Transatlantic with 500+ elites heading for Michael's Club.

Michaels' Club on embarkation day is NOT an Elite perk unless you are very high on the food chain. While on Millennium this past winter, it was a gathering place for back-to-back cruisers and invited suite guests. Some very frequent cruisers were also given a VIP pass which allowed them to wait in Michael's until their suites were available.

Many had a glass to sip and left for the buffet.

Don't think it's possible.

Michael's: Embarkation Day Invitation only..

Can you imagine a Transatlantic with 500+ elites heading for Michael's Club.

Michaels' Club on embarkation day is NOT an Elite perk unless you are very high on the food chain. While on Millennium this past winter, it was a gathering place for back-to-back cruisers and invited suite guests. Some very frequent cruisers were also given a VIP pass which allowed them to wait in Michael's until their suites were available.

Many had a glass to sip and left for the buffet.

Now that makes more sense.

Don't think it's possible.

You may find that it is possible, but it depends on luck. On our recent equinox cruise, there were just too many elites for Michael's Club so they moved the event to the 14th floor lounge where they blocked off a portion for elites.....leaving the rest of the lounge for anyone else who wanted to buy a drink and enjoy the view. They gave elite passengers a sticky (same as an excursion sticky) and their drinks were free.

Could happen...

Seriously? That's a nice perk. What category cabin do they give you?

I believe it is a balcony or better but there is a certain amount of flexibility in how it is applied over the years when it was first introduced back in 08. Some have taken longer cruises and used a dollar amount off a cruise that was already booked.

RCL had a similar policy at 100 and another after each 50 cruises. I'm not sure how that translates under the new day-count program.

I believe it is a balcony or better but there is a certain amount of flexibility in how it is applied over the years when it was first introduced back in 08. Some have taken longer cruises and used a dollar amount off a cruise that was already booked.

RCL had a similar policy at 100 and another after each 50 cruises. I'm not sure how that translates under the new day-count program.

Good to know. Thanks.

This has nothing to do with being Elite, or not ... but a reminder to everyone. Did you know (or remember) that a shareholder owning 100 shares of RCL stock gets on-board credit (based on length of cruise, but from $50 to $250). Just keep in mind that only 1 person in the stateroom can get the credit. It IS per stateroom, not passenger. (We didn't realize that and both bought stock <sigh>).

This has nothing to do with being Elite, or not ... but a reminder to everyone. Did you know (or remember) that a shareholder owning 100 shares of RCL stock gets on-board credit (based on length of cruise, but from $50 to $250). Just keep in mind that only 1 person in the stateroom can get the credit. It IS per stateroom, not passenger. (We didn't realize that and both bought stock <sigh>).

Sometimes the shareholder cannot be combined with other OBC, so you sometimes need to check which the better deal will be.

Sometimes the shareholder cannot be combined with other OBC, so you sometimes need to check which the better deal will be.

Good point - we have run into that before also (and I had forgotten). Fortunately for us, that time our shareholder benefit was better, but there may be times it isn't.

Marti

Archived