Made it to Elite! Tips or secrets I need to know?

LICRUISEAHOLICS

Your welcome:)....there is also another evening where it is not

opened....I think it is the formal night where they have the Capt's

reception in the theater.

Your welcome:)....there is also another evening where it is not

opened....I think it is the formal night where they have the Capt's

reception in the theater.

It's the night of the Captain's Club party.

I always tip on the last day. Give me good service and I will reward you, I'm not going to reward you beforehand, in order to get good service.

On my last cruise on the Brilliance I sat most of the time at the bar during the diamond event. I tipped both bartenders and both waitress at the end even one of them never brought me a drink because I was at the bar, so was getting my drink direct from the bartender.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that while there is a drink menu, you can order variations....that is, you can order a gin or vodka gimlet which isn't on the menu or a dirty martini. If there is a drink you want, ask and you might just get it. On the other hand, you can't ask for a different brand of vodka or scotch...they serve what they serve. Note: this is true at other events as well like the captain's reception or Captain's club get together. Bloody Mary's and mimosas are available at the elite breakfast as well as real fresh squeezed orange juice....and the coffee/expresso/etc are far better than the stuff they call coffee and serve in the buffet area and dining room.

The event ends at 7pm and after 7, there is usually no one at the door checking those that are entering or leaving, so if you happen to have some wine left in your glass at 7:05, you could...... Some have been known to order just one more at 6:50 :)

One of the coupons you'll find in your room is for $49.95 worth of internet time. Be sure to sign up for the internet (computer center) on embarkation day and give them your coupon when you sign up...and you will get an additional 10% minutes. This only works if you sign up the day you embark.

One of the coupons you'll find in your room is for $49.95 worth of internet time. Be sure to sign up for the internet (computer center) on embarkation day and give them your coupon when you sign up...and you will get an additional 10% minutes. This only works if you sign up the day you embark.

Just got off Summit. They used to give you an extra 10%, but not any more. The only extra minutes they would give you was if you ordered the $100 package.

Just got off Summit. They used to give you an extra 10%, but not any more. The only extra minutes they would give you was if you ordered the $100 package.

it's ship (actually computer center manager) dependent. We were on B2B cruises on the equinox last month and got the discount on both cruises which is the norm for Celebrity.

I always tip on the last day.

Funny how that works. I've sat with folks who said "I'll tip at the end of the cruise." They never did. I think it's the "entitlement" mentality.

it's ship (actually computer center manager) dependent. We were on B2B cruises on the equinox last month and got the discount on both cruises which is the norm for Celebrity.

It must be ship-to-ship/cruise-to-cruise dependent. It wasn't offered on Eclipse TA last November.

Funny how that works. I've sat with folks who said "I'll tip at the end of the cruise." They never did. I think it's the "entitlement" mentality.

I rarely say much about "how" I tip, I usually ask about it (Butler, etc) even though where I live tipping is expected (for those braving this weekend Grand Prix, you have been advised :p)

At the end of each HH I personally thanked the guys for exceptional service and "Tipped" at least a buck a drink. Just discretely placed it behind/on the bar where only they could see it.

I noticed a few who placed it on the tray, and the majority didn't tip daily at all and I suspect nor at cruise end.

At the last night (we also went for b-fest every day for at least a coffee) I was so impressed I added $ 20.00 to my regular tip and $ 15.00 to the brakfast tip. I was VERY happy with the "free" service.

On some cruises the breakfast is expansive or others it is limited. The breakfast is always a quiet time away from the crowds. Heck, you can always a Bloody Mary or two.

Don't miss the embarkation lounge (Frequently Michael's). Sip a glass of sparkling wine and have a sweet treat or a sandwich or two.

Other Elite tips - I can't give those up to the masses. Keep fooling myself I'm getting something special other don't. lol

Don't miss the embarkation lounge (Frequently Michael's). Sip a glass of sparkling wine and have a sweet treat or a sandwich or two.

I'm not familiar with an embarkation lounge, can you give more information?

Thanks!

Please, to anyone worried about not tipping - there is no need to tip at the Elite event.

If you offer a tip of course they will take it - they will also look for more tip as they see you as an easy target.

A fool and his money are easily parted is the saying and it is very true....

The Elite event is something that you have paid for many times over in cruises - enjoy it, but don't be a fool....

(of course if you wish to tip, feel free, but there is no need to look down on those who decide not to tip - it is a personal matter)

I was just on Equinox and went to Michael's a few times over the

10 days...breakfast had all kinds of fruits, pastries, miniature bagels,

lox, cream cheese, cheeses, juices.....sort of a continental spread.

They also have coffees, lattes, cappuchinos, and you can also get

bloody marys and mimosas.........oh they will make smoothies too.

If you want a hot breakfast with sit down service? Try the

main dining room.

Afternoons are all sorts of drinks and hot and cold appetizers.

You order your drinks and there is no limit.

Do they have specialty teas? I see they have the coffees, lattes, cappuchinos etc.

I prefer to tip -- and I don't consider myself a fool :confused:

You tip for extraordinary service. Funny when you tip up front - you seem to always get extraodinary service (Chicken or egg?)

You spend thousands of dollars on a cruise - just how much do you tip?

Frequently located in Michael's from 11ish to 2pm-ish Can't give you exact times. They serve Sparkling wine, Mimosas, Specialty coffees. also included is a Cake and sweets bar, small sandwiches, fruits. The most important thing included is quiet.

Frequently located in Michael's from 11ish to 2pm-ish Can't give you exact times. They serve Sparkling wine, Mimosas, Specialty coffees. also included is a Cake and sweets bar, small sandwiches, fruits. The most important thing included is quiet.
Been elite for some time and never knew about this, what a great perk.Thanks for the heads up.;)

Been elite for some time and never knew about this, what a great perk.Thanks for the heads up.;)

This is new to me also. I wonder if it's by invitation only. Just got off Summit and I remember that Michael's had a lot of "private" functions throughout the cruise, but I don't recall seeing this Elite event. Maybe they had it in Normandie?? but I recall there never being an Elite function on embarkation or debarkation day.

Archived