Please tell me about the mocktails you order that are not the ones on the list

GillCC

we always get the UKP and hear others say they order cocktails and other combination drinks that are not on the usual menu - not being an alcohol drinker I'd appreciate your suggestions. Someone mentioned a cherry coke, how do they do this?

we always get the UKP and hear others say they order cocktails and other combination drinks that are not on the usual menu - not being an alcohol drinker I'd appreciate your suggestions. Someone mentioned a cherry coke, how do they do this?

By mixing Coke and grenadine. Sprite and grenadine if you want a Shirley Temple.

Just ask for whatever is on the drink menu as a virgin

The virgin mojitos are the best! When dealing with many bartenders, we found it was safer to ask for a "virgin mojito" rather than the name "nojito", which is what the menu says. Nojito sounds too close to mojito, and the bartenders almost always assumed we wanted the alcoholic version.

We also often asked for the drink we usually make ourselves at home - club soda with a splash of grapefruit and cranberry juices. They'll combine any soda with any juice with the UKP. Margarita mix or strawberry daquiri mix are good with club soda too. We did some experimenting at home, which was fun and gave us an idea of what to ask for. But the virgin mojitos were the absolute best. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

The virgin mojitos are the best! When dealing with many bartenders, we found it was safer to ask for a "virgin mojito" rather than the name "nojito", which is what the menu says. Nojito sounds too close to mojito, and the bartenders almost always assumed we wanted the alcoholic version.

We also often asked for the drink we usually make ourselves at home - club soda with a splash of grapefruit and cranberry juices. They'll combine any soda with any juice with the UKP. Margarita mix or strawberry daquiri mix are good with club soda too. We did some experimenting at home, which was fun and gave us an idea of what to ask for. But the virgin mojitos were the absolute best. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Wow. Those all sound very refreshing. Perhaps great by the pool on a hot day!

Oooh thanks.... Will have to try those. Any more suggestions gratefully received

I'm a huge SONIC fan and my favorite summer drink is a 'Cranilla Craze' which is Sprite, cranberry juice, and a smidge of vanilla. It's such a refreshing drink. Try it. Maybe you'll like it as much as I do!! :D

Cheers,

Kirsten

Do you mind if I ask what is in a virgin mojito?

Fresh mint leaves, fresh limes, bar sugar, grapefruit juice (taking the place of rum) and club soda. They muddle the limes, sugar and mint leaves then add ice and soda water, top with a splash of grapefruit juice and it's delicious! I used to rip out mint by the yard at my house but now we let it grow wherever it wants. Mojitos (with rum or without) are a terrific, light, refreshing summer drink. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Are all the virgin drinks carbonated? Do you think they can make it without the club soda or would that taste weird?

It wouldn't taste weird; it would just taste like fruit juice.

For example, try a virgin Seabreeze: it's cranberry juice and grapefruit juice. I only drink 'em with the vodka added myself!, but my brother is a fan of the non-alcoholic version -- he squeezes some lime in it, to give it a little zing, which is what the club soda/soda pop does in most virgin drinks -- zings 'em up.

Fresh mint leaves, fresh limes, bar sugar, grapefruit juice (taking the place of rum) and club soda. They muddle the limes, sugar and mint leaves then add ice and soda water, top with a splash of grapefruit juice and it's delicious! I used to rip out mint by the yard at my house but now we let it grow wherever it wants. Mojitos (with rum or without) are a terrific, light, refreshing summer drink. :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

This is one really good drink! It's the one non-alcoholic drink I'll purchase on board.

As for ideas, the bartenders can suggest some fun combinations once they know what you like. DH must have had one of everything during our time on the Emerald. Sometimes he'd get a mocktail from one bartender, but another wouldn't know about it, so DH would spread the word. The bartenders at the poolside bars seem to prepare most of them, and know most of them, but they do rotate bartenders every few cruises, so eventually I'd think they'd know most of the possible drinks.

Archived