Free Wireless

Debb0223

On the Infinity are there any free wireless spots to hook up to my Nook with?

Your Nook? I am assuming its an abbreviation of net or note and book.

I guess you are not a Brit as we have a word here, a colloquialism actually that means something entirely different. Put it this way, an old female friend of mine once asked the water for it because she couldn't pronounce gnochci.

Download your books before you leave. If you are cruising outside of the United States, you cannot download books. I just returned from Europe. Many sites on my IPAD were only available within the US. So if there is a book you want, download them before you leave.

Pearl

Download your books before you leave. If you are cruising outside of the United States, you cannot download books. I just returned from Europe. Many sites on my IPAD were only available within the US. So if there is a book you want, download them before you leave.

Pearl

You may download from anwhere in the world to your Nook but you may not buy from Barnes and Noble from outside the States. You may buy and download from Amazon.

Chris

If the OP's Nook is a Nook Color, it is indeed a tablet.....albeit a small one. I have one and love it.

Last fall (I think) Barnes & Noble introduced the Nook Tablet. It's got a lot more memory and some more functions than a Nook Color but it's very similar in appearance. It connects very easily to ship wifi (for a price). Now that I don't need to lug along my laptop for business, it's great for keeping in touch at home.

We swore we would never buy the X internet package again after the experience we just had on the Equinox. The satellite link is so slow and the ship's software so convoluted and wasteful of prepaid minutes that the effective usable minutes rate is obscene. We'll just take a minute to check in at a port internet cafe and save a bundle of $$$ next cruise. Your mileage may vary.

Your Nook? I am assuming its an abbreviation of net or note and book.

I guess you are not a Brit as we have a word here, a colloquialism actually that means something entirely different. Put it this way, an old female friend of mine once asked the water for it because she couldn't pronounce gnochci.

Nook is Barnes and Nobles version of a Kindle....

We swore we would never buy the X internet package again after the experience we just had on the Equinox. The satellite link is so slow and the ship's software so convoluted and wasteful of prepaid minutes that the effective usable minutes rate is obscene. We'll just take a minute to check in at a port internet cafe and save a bundle of $$$ next cruise. Your mileage may vary.

We learned that hard lesson as well and then we found out how to do everything off-line for emails etc. Log on - download - log off then compose emails off line - log on - send - log off!! Saved surfing for the free WiFe at the ports and had to blow minutes big time the last day:D Use em or lose em

Bought a nook color--it is an e-reader with limited tablet capabilities--bought a n2a card for $35--allows you to boot both into nook color and to an android 2.3 tablet--get books and apps from kindle amazon and google--If interested just google n2a card and see if you want to upgrade

Archived