Sky Suite Question

Peery5

Thanks in advance for any responses.

We are considering booking a Sky Suite on the Eclipse for a future cruise to celebrate our 30th. anniversary. We have cruised Celebrity before but we have never had a "suite" on any of our cruises. Are they as nice as the photos that I have seen and are there any drawbacks (negatives) to a suite other than the cost.

We are considering booking a Sky Suite on the Eclipse for a future cruise to celebrate our 30th. anniversary. We have cruised Celebrity before but we have never had a "suite" on any of our cruises. Are they as nice as the photos that I have seen and are there any drawbacks (negatives) to a suite other than the cost.

Hello

We recently stayed in a Sky Suite 2 on our Equinox trip and absolutely loved it. The only drawback we had was the noise from above but that was purely where are cabin was located (underneath the oceanview bar) but it wasn't enough to spoil the cruise or put us off booking another. The space was well worth the extra money and the perks were nice too such as afternoon tea, canapes and priority tenders and dinner spaces.

We loved it so much that when we've been looking at our next cruise we don't think we could go back to a balcony room as they just look so small. Which they aren't and we loved them before but after the suite we want another purely for the space and large balcony.

Got upgraded to a Sky 2 from AQ on the Equinox. We will be spoiled as well. We are on the stern right below Ocean view bar too.

Got upgraded to a Sky 2 from AQ on the Equinox. We will be spoiled as well. We are on the stern right below Ocean view bar too.

The views were great. We were in 2150 and watched sailaways & coming into port most days on the balcony if not in the sunset bar. The overhang didn't bother us either as we had sun morning and evening and it kept the real strong sun out during the day.

If cost is not an issue there is definately not any reason not to book a Suite !! THe extra room is great. I guess the only drawback would be that it is really tough going back to a regular balcony room after staying in a Penthouse or Suite. Enjoy and congratulations !!

Absolutely worth it! Had upgrade from balcony into S2 and it was lovely. Wonderful breakfast as you are sailing in every morning on balcony, much more space, bathtub, ability to eat at Blu which was delicious. Balcony big enough for lounge chairs. If you can do it, go for it. Only problem is being spoiled for future cruises!

Absolutely worth it! Had upgrade from balcony into S2 and it was lovely. Wonderful breakfast as you are sailing in every morning on balcony, much more space, bathtub, ability to eat at Blu which was delicious. Balcony big enough for lounge chairs. If you can do it, go for it. Only problem is being spoiled for future cruises!

REALLY?

We, too, are looking forward to our S2 on the Solstice and I had no idea we could eat at Blu!

Lounge chairs, too? Really? We don't have to beg and tip a few strong crew members to get one? Oh, boy... I know it's going to be hard going back to a regular balcony!

Nessa

Recently sailed on a 15 day cruise in a sky suite. The extra space was nice, not life-changing. The extra storage in the bathroom was nice, not life-changing.

The butler was fairly useless as we could have had the same service from a room steward in a non-suite cabin and room service.

Even with 9 sea days, there was so much to do on the ship that we were hardly on the balcony at all.

I have absolutely no problems giving up a sky suite. In fact my next Celebrity cruise is booked for an ocean view as it's a port intensive cruise and I doubt if I'd use the balcony enough to warrant the difference in cost.

None of the other passengers know or care what kind of cabin I have. Only I know what's in my budget and, frankly, though I can afford a suite, Aqua Class or Concierge Class, I find no advantage to any of them.

My cruise experience depends more on the ports than on the cabin, but I recognize that there are others who enjoy spending the extra to feel 'pampered'. I thought I would enjoy the sky suite with the butler. It was fine, but not something I need to do to enjoy cruising.

I think my decision is also based on the fact that Elite status has many of the 'perks' that the higher category cabins offer.

When making a decision to book a suite, AQ or CC cabin, decide if your budget has room for frivolity as these cabins offer nothing that you can't have a great cruising experience without.

I'd rather put the price difference towards wine with dinner and personally-tailored private excursions. YMMV

This is just my humble opinion based on personal experience.

REALLY?

We, too, are looking forward to our S2 on the Solstice and I had no idea we could eat at Blu!

Dining in Blu is on a space available basis for suite guests. There are other threads discussing this topic, and the likelihood of being able to do so seems to vary from sailing to sailing.

Good luck!

Mike

REALLY?

Lounge chairs, too? Really? We don't have to beg and tip a few strong crew members to get one? Oh, boy... I know it's going to be hard going back to a regular balcony!

Nessa

Blu is for Aqua Class Guests only. Penthouse guests can eat their if requested and space is available. Other Suite Guests can only eat in Blu if space is available and for an additional $5.00 pp. On many sailings, we have seen the Matre d, say very plainly to Suite Guests requesting to eat in Blu...... Sorry NO. Depending o the time you wish to eat and the ship you are on Suite guests do not get the opportunity often. Sorry

Blu is for Aqua Class Guests only. Penthouse guests can eat their if requested and space is available. Other Suite Guests can only eat in Blu if space is available and for an additional $5.00 pp. On many sailings, we have seen the Matre d, say very plainly to Suite Guests requesting to eat in Blu...... Sorry NO. Depending o the time you wish to eat and the ship you are on Suite guests do not get the opportunity often. Sorry

We just returned from the Summit and we were in a Sky Suite. When the butler introduced himself to us and gave us a 'tour' of the cabin and amenities, he included that we could eat in Blu. We only ate there twice (and each time was for breakfast), but we were not charged an extra fee. I guess it is best to keep expectations fluid with this.

We just returned from the Summit and we were in a Sky Suite. When the butler introduced himself to us and gave us a 'tour' of the cabin and amenities, he included that we could eat in Blu. We only ate there twice (and each time was for breakfast), but we were not charged an extra fee. I guess it is best to keep expectations fluid with this.

There is no charge for breakfast as well as no problem being seated at breakfast time. It is dinner that incurs a $5 charge and is not always available.

Because this a special anniversary cruise and it sounds you can do an early booking, may I suggest that you look into a S1 suite. These are the aft/corner suites that are pictured on the website with the extra large round porthole window. (There are no pictures of the S2 suites).

Besides the extra light, you will have besides the side view as the S2 balconies, also the wake view and a lot of balcony space. Pax like to sit in the porthole and it seems cabin is great for entertaining as well.

Because this a special anniversary cruise and it sounds you can do an early booking, may I suggest that you look into a S1 suite. These are the aft/corner suites that are pictured on the website with the extra large round porthole window. (There are no pictures of the S2 suites).

Besides the extra light, you will have besides the side view as the S2 balconies, also the wake view and a lot of balcony space. Pax like to sit in the porthole and it seems cabin is great for entertaining as well.

I strongly agree; I have stayed in an S1 and seen S2's and the S1's are much nicer. Roomier, nicer lay out, the large porthole window really is nice and a larger balcony with better views. Only advantage of S2 is a bit more storage space, but still ample storage in an S1. Here are some photos of the S1 I stayed in on Equinox (room 7356).

232323232%7Ffp63388%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355842%3C%3B8%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6326%3A%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355842%3C%3B9732%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63388%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584366%3C%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D3558424%3B%3B232%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6339%3B%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D35584478%3B%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

Gonzo,

I noticed that you stayed in an S1 on Equinox, which is similar to Silhouette. I've got an S2 aft cabin booked for my Silhouette. There was a recent price drop so the S1 dropped in price to our original S2 price. I considered requesting a cabin change to get an S1 instead of the reduced price on the S2 but was hesitant due to all the S1 cabins being connected to the cabin next door.

On the deck plan, it looks like Equinox 7356 is also connecting. Did you have problems with "neighbor noises?" I got stuck in a connecting cabin once (booked late). I'm not sure if the neighbors were simply louder/noisier than usual or if the connecting door allowed more sound to pass through than the wall. It seemed like we could hear EVERYTHING that was going on next door, even normal conversations. I was afraid to speak much louder than a whisper in case our neighbors were hearing us as well.

Connecting staterooms are a non issue on S-Class. The connection is through the exterior hallway and if you are not sailing with the people next door you will never even realize it is a connecting room. There is absolutely zero additional noise since there is no interior door connecting the two rooms.

Recently sailed on a 15 day cruise in a sky suite. The extra space was nice, not life-changing. The extra storage in the bathroom was nice, not life-changing.

The butler was fairly useless as we could have had the same service from a room steward in a non-suite cabin and room service.

Even with 9 sea days, there was so much to do on the ship that we were hardly on the balcony at all.

I have absolutely no problems giving up a sky suite. In fact my next Celebrity cruise is booked for an ocean view as it's a port intensive cruise and I doubt if I'd use the balcony enough to warrant the difference in cost.

None of the other passengers know or care what kind of cabin I have. Only I know what's in my budget and, frankly, though I can afford a suite, Aqua Class or Concierge Class, I find no advantage to any of them.

My cruise experience depends more on the ports than on the cabin, but I recognize that there are others who enjoy spending the extra to feel 'pampered'. I thought I would enjoy the sky suite with the butler. It was fine, but not something I need to do to enjoy cruising.

I think my decision is also based on the fact that Elite status has many of the 'perks' that the higher category cabins offer.

When making a decision to book a suite, AQ or CC cabin, decide if your budget has room for frivolity as these cabins offer nothing that you can't have a great cruising experience without.

I'd rather put the price difference towards wine with dinner and personally-tailored private excursions. YMMV

This is just my humble opinion based on personal experience.

I stayed in a Sky Suite (on Century) once and agree that it was not worth the extra $$$. We tend to be more social and there is no way I am going to be spending my time in my cabin, no matter how big, rather than being out and about. We had the huge family veranda cabin last fall and still didn't spend any significant time there. We always book a balcony but even that is somewhat of a waste since we never ever spend any time out there. We do go out, look around, enjoy the fresh air but never sit and read. For that we go to the solarium or the nice loungers against the windows on the pool deck, our favorite spot. The 'butler', while nicely dressed, did nothing special except get us a reservation in Murano when it was supposedly booked. The tea and crumpets I can get for myself in the buffet.

I understand that some people enjoy the pampered feeling and are more comfortable in their cabins than up on deck or in public areas and for them, the suites are ideal. So only you can determine if it's 'worth it' or not!

My husband and I did a suite for our honeymoon- WE LOVED IT!!!! The extra real estate is great. The butler service is very nice. Click my link below to get to pics of the Sotice sky suite. Will be similar. The breakfast room service menu is worth it itself it my opinion. Smoothies and fresh squeezed orange juice.

My husband and I did a suite for our honeymoon- WE LOVED IT!!!! The extra real estate is great. The butler service is very nice. Click my link below to get to pics of the Sotice sky suite. Will be similar. The breakfast room service menu is worth it itself it my opinion. Smoothies and fresh squeezed orange juice.

Just as an FYI, you can get those items in Concierge Class and above, don't HAVE to have a suite for that!

.... We always book a balcony but even that is somewhat of a waste since we never ever spend any time out there. We do go out, look around, enjoy the fresh air but never sit and read. For that we go to the solarium or the nice loungers against the windows on the pool deck, our favorite spot.......
Once again, this goes to show how we are all different, with different preferences.

We love spending time on our balcony, enjoying looking out at the changing views each day from our own peaceful, private space. That is one of our favorite features of being on a cruise.

We look forward to having breakfast and afternoon snacks on the balcony, nightcaps out there by starlight, and even dinner out there occasionally as a special treat.

The pool deck holds little appeal for us so we almost never sit there. We can sit around on loungers by a pool at home, although we don't spend much time doing that either.

We agree that sky suites are very nice, with the full realization that they are considered too small by some and wasted space by others.

How nice it is to have so many choices on cruises that we are not all competing for the same space.

• 3 weeks later...
There is no charge for breakfast as well as no problem being seated at breakfast time. It is dinner that incurs a $5 charge and is not always available.

Do you just show up to eat breakfast in Blu when staying in a suite or do you have to make arrangements with your butler?:confused:

Thanks

Archived