A thread for every member?

Celandine

Yeah, maybe all those folks who feel so entitled will start sailing another line. Then the fun , easy going people left will cruise CCL.

And they can start at the bottom of the ladder again:rolleyes: Their threats to move on are just plain stupid!!!

Yeah, maybe all those folks who feel so entitled will start sailing another line. Then the fun , easy going people left will cruise CCL.

Wishful thinking. The majority of those saying this is the last straw and they will never cruise on Carnival again blah blah blah will be back when they find out the others lines either have already done this or will soon do it. I remember my friends talking about RCI program changing last year or the year before. It happens. Things change. It's called business.

All this Loyalty Hoopla should be a reminder that you don't believe everything you read or everything someone tells you. They say it has been over 3 years in the making and now this let down. Well,if I had to wait that long for something I would suspect something was not good and just move on.

We cruise because we love to vacation,love the water and see new places.

Anyone have any good chair hog stories???

it's horrible shaving your legs in that shower!! this is what i do....i stick my leg out of the shower and rest it on the toilet and then shave hahaha trust me, it's not at all comfortable but it works, and you do get water on the floor outside of the shower. another thing that you can do is get the razor that you dont have to use in the shower and just wet it and shave in the bedroom or the balcony if you have one lol(lol)

Okay, there is no way in Hades I'd ever be able to shave with a regular razor without a shower/bath! My skin is just too sensitive. On my last trip I thought about using the toilet, but I felt bad for my roommate and the steward for the wet floor (I don't like to make any more mess than absolutely necessary). I wonder if I should look into electric razors.

In any case, I'm so excited! Totally off topic, but I get to see hubby the day after tomorrow!!! He's military and we're geographically separated. He's going to be dropping the kids off with me (they stayed with him to finish the school year). It has been a very lonely 7 weeks. I'll be so glad come November: We'll all be together!

Wishful thinking. The majority of those saying this is the last straw and they will never cruise on Carnival again blah blah blah will be back when they find out the others lines either have already done this or will soon do it. I remember my friends talking about RCI program changing last year or the year before. It happens. Things change. It's called business.

RCL took every cruise X 7 days, and then added in a bonus 4 days. I never complained, since they did not lie and were so fair .. and then some.

Im already diamond on RCL and cruise both lines and will continue to do so. I just trust RCL more than I trust Carnival as a company, but no biggie, it wouldnt change my cruising.

Okay, here's a question for the ladies: How in the world do you shave your legs in those tiny showers? There's not even a ledge to place your foot. I felt like I was in Cirque du Soleil my first trip! Just trying to strategize for this time around ...

Get them waxed before you go. You won't have to worry about shaving at all. That's what I did last cruise! ;)

Okay, here's a question for the ladies: How in the world do you shave your legs in those tiny showers? There's not even a ledge to place your foot. I felt like I was in Cirque du Soleil my first trip! Just trying to strategize for this time around ...

Now that is question worth some discussion ;)

For me, point the shower head toward the side of the shower and prop foot on toilet (lid down of course)...it's the only way I can conceive of without busting my butt or looking like a complete hack job.

So nice to read about something besides loyalty programs. I can guarantee you I will care less about all that stuff when I am cruising next week! :D

I just saw three more new threads of people who want to get up on their high horses and tell others how to feel .. and of course each one started their own thread too.

Im starting to agree with you about how no one can post to someone else's thread, has to start their own.

Hopefully after today this dies down somewhat so we dont have 30 threads on the front page about this.

But on the positive note - not too many of the "offical cruise" threads hogging page one.

OP thanks for posting! I noticed the same thing--maybe I should have started a thread to talk about it. Ha! I'm tired of hearing about the loyalty program. :rolleyes: And, the idea that this is motivating people who claim to have been loyal to Carnival to change to other cruise lines baffles me.

Okay, there's no alternative but to use to use the toilet? Well ... it is what it is! I tried waxing a few years ago, and it wasn't pretty (trust me)!

Yep, toilet's the way to go. :D

Go Devils!

These people seriously need to move along...the entitlement is sickening, the same sh** different day nonsense...Some people are sick, some are dying, some have horrible fates in their lives that they deal with day in and day out...and the amount of energy spent by some worrying about laundry, vip this and vip that...some need a reality check.

Did I mention...GO DEVILS!!!!:)

my sentiments exactly !! GO DEVILS...

after 4 years of watching Adam Henrique (spits season ticket holder :D) It would be awesome to watch him hoist the cup!!!

OH and as for shaving, use the toilet but I put a towel down so any water or suds fall on the towel. no mess.

I hear ya. I am done reading posts about the new Loyalty program. I know where I stand now and I am thrilled to know that we (close to Platinum cruisers) will be grandfathered in.

We have our 9th and 10th cruises booked for December 2012. Carnival has listened to their loyal customers and did what was right. I know that I will be Platinum come December and that is all I care about :)

Personally, I hope all the "entitled" folks change lines. I would hate to have to hear them whine for a week in the ship.

nope. the entitled will be on the short lines dedicated to them. those on the regular lines will wish they got the same treatment.

What free email newsletter????? I don't get that!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to go and start a new thread on how I've apparently lost that. And then another new thread after that. :D

It's one of the three supposed benefits of being a Red member of the loyalty club, the others being "members-only offers" and a free drink at the comedy club.

Jim

Two words that changed my life (no, really):

Schick Intuition. Google it. :D

Wow, I kind of thought this thread might get deleted LOL

Anyways, onwards to conversation.

I too have to use the toilet to shave... not a Cirque member.

The Intuition is nice, Venus also has some kind of razor with a gel bar attached, and I prefer that one.

as for ceiling wax well, it turns out I spelt that wrong.... "Sealing Wax"... the wax that was used to seal letters....

As a child, hearing "The Walrus and The Carpenter" I always pictured 'ceiling wax'...

Archived