A thread for every member?

Celandine

Okay,

I get that people are upset about the loyalty program.

I get that this is Cruise CRITIC and everyone should share their opinion.

I even get that there would be multiple threads about this topic (and I see the irony in this being a thread kind of about it)

What I don't get, is why there are suddenly a bunch of new threads started by individuals who want to share what they lost...how they think it sucks...how they are no longer being held hostage by Carnival.

Weren't the other 20 threads good enough for you to post in?

So I decided I wanted my own thread too.

So everyone can see exactly what I think, and how this is all affecting me.

You are welcome to post, complainers, cheerleaders and confused alike... all are welcome.

so, now that the elephant has left the room....what should we talk about next?

Ships? shoes? ceiling wax? cabbages? kings?

Well, I would answer this post, but I'm busy writing my own post. :D

Just kidding. I've just about stopped reading posts that have anything to do with the loyalty program. (Not much else to read these days.:rolleyes:)

I just saw three more new threads of people who want to get up on their high horses and tell others how to feel .. and of course each one started their own thread too.

Im starting to agree with you about how no one can post to someone else's thread, has to start their own.

Hopefully after today this dies down somewhat so we dont have 30 threads on the front page about this.

I guess it will be nice when all the dust settles. Hope we don't get bored....We could all talk about how blessed we are , being free to do as we please, take all these wonderful cruises, whether we have to stand in line or not, and how good we really have it..There are so many who wish they could afford to go just once...:)

I agree...and I won't even start my own thread to say it. All these complainers are giving me headache:rolleyes:

I just feel blessed that I am able to cruise and enjoy all it has to offer...so many can't even take a long weekend away. But some people don't know how to be thankful...:cool:

I will be happy to talk about ANYTHING, as long as it's not the loyalty program!;)

I thought all the complaining had been taken care of last week, so I was truly surprised to see all the negative posts out there again. I never knew so many people plopped down money so that they could get a small paper bag of laundry done, or run off the ship faster than any one else. I'm the last to leave the ship, I never want to go home and have to clean and cook, and work, just don't get it. We could discuss sealing wax, and little Johnny Paper?

Eh, I'm not going to start a thread unless I have a question or want to share a trip report. This whole perks thing doesn't affect me, anyway, since I'm a newish cruiser.

I did go to the Farewell Party last year, though!:p

Agree that this is getting SO tiresome...I couldn't care less about ANY cruiseline's loyalty program because I use many different lines and it would take a long while for me to "climb the ladder" on any particular one. Loyalty perks mean nothing to me - I was a first timer on Princess last month and the in-cabin bathrobes, freebie tote bags and complimentary champange at the Captian's photo op more than met my basic needs. Now, you may say "If you're not interested in the threads don't read them". Fine, I won't, but that won't leave much else right now will it? C'mon Carinival Cruisers...start some threads about tips, or what's playing on the big movie screen next week, or pier runners or something...

Okay,

I get that people are upset about the loyalty program.

I get that this is Cruise CRITIC and everyone should share their opinion.

I even get that there would be multiple threads about this topic (and I see the irony in this being a thread kind of about it)

What I don't get, is why there are suddenly a bunch of new threads started by individuals who want to share what they lost...how they think it sucks...how they are no longer being held hostage by Carnival.

Weren't the other 20 threads good enough for you to post in?

So I decided I wanted my own thread too.

So everyone can see exactly what I think, and how this is all affecting me.

You are welcome to post, complainers, cheerleaders and confused alike... all are welcome.

so, now that the elephant has left the room....what should we talk about next?

Ships? shoes? ceiling wax? cabbages? kings?

Agreed.......but what is ceiling wax?

It is all the entitlement and status crap..everybody is thinking "they" are the

ones that are losing out the most, and their view is more important than the

others and their voice must be heard.

I'm about sick of it all and almost wish they would do away with all of the loyalty crap.

Okay, here's a question for the ladies: How in the world do you shave your legs in those tiny showers? There's not even a ledge to place your foot. I felt like I was in Cirque du Soleil my first trip! Just trying to strategize for this time around ...

I agree...and I won't even start my own thread to say it. All these complainers are giving me headache:rolleyes:

I just feel blessed that I am able to cruise and enjoy all it has to offer...so many can't even take a long weekend away. But some people don't know how to be thankful...:cool:

I will be happy to talk about ANYTHING, as long as it's not the loyalty program!;)

Can you say Cozumel, Grand Cayman, any place with blue water and white beaches!!!!

I guess it will be nice when all the dust settles. Hope we don't get bored....We could all talk about how blessed we are , being free to do as we please, take all these wonderful cruises, whether we have to stand in line or not, and how good we really have it..There are so many who wish they could afford to go just once...:)

Yes, so many people cannot afford a vacation at all. I have never booked a cruise because of the "perks." I am not worried about a loyalty program. I book a cruise w/ CCL because it is a good value for the money. Yes there have been cutbacks, but there have been cutbacks everywhere. It is still a great vacation, I am just happy that we can afford to cruise every year or so. I may have been knocked back to red instead of gold, but as long as they let me on the ship- it's ok.

OP - Love your post and agree.

Agree and wonder if we'll be glad to get back to the multiple threads on smuggling alcohol & chair hogs. :D

Okay, here's a question for the ladies: How in the world do you shave your legs in those tiny showers? There's not even a ledge to place your foot. I felt like I was in Cirque du Soleil my first trip! Just trying to strategize for this time around ...

LOL, so true. But RCC's showers are just as small. Maybe use the gym's showers, I hear they are larger. I just don't want to drag all my crap to the gym.

Go Devils!

These people seriously need to move along...the entitlement is sickening, the same sh** different day nonsense...Some people are sick, some are dying, some have horrible fates in their lives that they deal with day in and day out...and the amount of energy spent by some worrying about laundry, vip this and vip that...some need a reality check.

Did I mention...GO DEVILS!!!!:)

OP - Love your post and agree.

Agree and wonder if we'll be glad to get back to the multiple threads on smuggling alcohol & chair hogs. :D

I sorta miss the smoking threads myself.

omg it's all giving me a headache that i really was trying to resist comming on here for a least a couple days...ok i'm a cruise critic addict like everyone else. everyone is all flipped out about the loyality program. i don't cruise for perks and free stuff, i cruise for the enjoyment and the islands, etc. if people want to switch cruise lines because of the loyality program its not up to their liking on carnival then they can go on another cruise line. these people are probably all the chair hogs anyway :rolleyes:

AND I was going to start my own thread telling everyone who would read this how I am a Red status and proud of it. Hey any level above the first one lets everyone else know that I have sailed on Carnival before. But someone beat me to it.

I agree with 90% of the people. You are on a cruise so enjoy it and stop complaining. Enough is enough already.

it's horrible shaving your legs in that shower!! this is what i do....i stick my leg out of the shower and rest it on the toilet and then shave hahaha trust me, it's not at all comfortable but it works, and you do get water on the floor outside of the shower. another thing that you can do is get the razor that you dont have to use in the shower and just wet it and shave in the bedroom or the balcony if you have one lol

Go Devils!

These people seriously need to move along...the entitlement is sickening, the same sh** different day nonsense...Some people are sick, some are dying, some have horrible fates in their lives that they deal with day in and day out...and the amount of energy spent by some worrying about laundry, vip this and vip that...some need a reality check.

Did I mention...GO DEVILS!!!!:)

very true jill! but go kings!!!! (lol)

Archived