New Mariner tiles?

Watson's aunt

How many different ones are there??

Do you mean how many tiles in a complete collection of all EVER given out? That would probably be hundreds through the years.

Do you mean how many are in the current set they now distribute? There is one for the "S" Class of ships' date=' One for Vistas, Signature...... I'm not sure about "R" Class ships but think they have one as well as Prinsendam.

It is only recently all the ships started giving the new series. They started this series at different times when they used up the stock of what they had and then started with the newest designs.

We just sailed Oosterdam and received our first for the Vista Class. The tile is of Noordam and is given on all the Vista Class of ships.

I justs learned Maasdam is giving the new one, as well.

[/b']

We just got two in the mail today that I requested from HAL while still on our Mar 12-23 cruise on the Maasdam. If you haven't gotten yours yet, take heart!! :D

Then there's hope I'll finally get one representing my May Ryndam cruise. Thanks for the hope, at least!

off thread: Nice to see you posting again, John. You've been missed here (by at least some of us). ;)

Do you mean how many tiles in a complete collection of all EVER given out? That would probably be hundreds through the years.

The HAL site (http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action# then click Tiles on left) show tiles going back to 1995 totalling 144 as follows:

1995 - 7

1996 - 8

1997 - 9

1998 - 8

2000 - 9

2001 - 10

2002 to 2004 - 12 each year

2005 & 2006 - 12

2007 to 2009 - 4 each year

2010 & 2011 - 4

2012 - 6 (these do not show on the HAL site yet)

Do you mean how many are in the current set they now distribute? There is one for the "S" Class of ships, One for Vistas, Signature...... I'm not sure about "R" Class ships but think they have one as well as Prinsendam.

The co-flagships Amsterdam and Rotterdam have one tile, and the Zaandam and Volendam a separate one, so there are six in the new set.

The HAL site (http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action# then click Tiles on left) show tiles going back to 1995 totalling 144 as follows:

1995 - 7

1996 - 8

1997 - 9

1998 - 8

2000 - 9

2001 - 10

2005 & 2006 - 12

2010 & 2011 - 4

The co-flagships Amsterdam and Rotterdam have one tile, and the Zaandam and Volendam a separate one, so there are six in the new set.

Thanks, John, but that doesn't take into account all the 'special tiles' nor the large 6" square ones. We have some that commemorated various company/ship events rather than just the ones they hand out at the Mariner's parties. We have a stack of literally hundreds of tiles though some are duplicates.

Aren't there tiles that go way back in the company's history as well?

Good to 'see' you again, John. :)

Thanks, John, but that doesn't take into account all the 'special tiles' nor the large 6" square ones. We have some that commemorated various company/ship events rather than just the ones they hand out at the Mariner's parties.

That's true, I forgot about those. I even have one - the Nieuw Amsterdam Inaugural season tile.

Aren't there tiles that go way back in the company's history as well?

I don't know, since my history with HAL begins at 2002. :)

Good to 'see' you again, John.

We've booked another cruise, so I'm interested again. :)

Thanks jtl for that link, very interesting. We started in 95 I believe, have alot of tiles from then on. Some of the bigger ones that Sales was talking about. One for the Oosterdam and can't remember the other one. Will have to go look for it.

:D I was on the Amsterdam the same time as soontoretire, but unlike soontoretire I received last years tiles. I was really looking forward to the new tile as I received it on the Oosterdam in April. After hearing the new tiles were given out randomly, I also contacted the Mariner Society and received an email stating they would send us the new ones when their stock gets replenished. I will wait patiently!!! Maybe when I go on the Zaandam in December I will get this years model!!!!

I just found a place for my growing collection of HAL tiles. They are now laid out on top of our nightstand table tops where we set our morning coffee in our already blue and white decor bedroom. Surprised I did not think of this earlier as they were stacking up unused elsewhere.

AFAIK - no and no.

I agree.

We have sailed Princess about 5 or 6 times and have a separate number there. We never received a tile from Princess and I've never heard of any. The tiles are Dutch Holland America..... think Delft. :) I love most all Delft pieces.

Then there's hope I'll finally get one representing my May Ryndam cruise. Thanks for the hope, at least!

off thread: Nice to see you posting again, John. You've been missed here (by at least some of us). ;)

We just got 4 tiles yesterday (3 for Vista class and 1 for Statendam) they are nice - we learned about the tiles on this board since we never go to the Mariners luncheon (we will now though!) HAL shipped us a tile for the 4 cruises we've done with them - they are very cool.

My tile for the May Ryndam cruise just, just, just came! And it's the right one, too! S-class. Yippee! I like it.

Good work HAL Mariner Society in getting them out to those who missed them.

Now, to collect the entire set. :D

... since we never go to the Mariners luncheon (we will now though!) ...
You don't have to go to the Brunch to get them. If you RSVP that you won't be attending you can have them delivered to your cabin. Or stop in the MDR at the end of the lunch and ask for one. Or ask at the front desk, where they sometimes have them.

1995 - 7

1996 - 8

1997 - 9

1998 - 8

2000 - 9

2001 - 10

2005 & 2006 - 12

2010 & 2011 - 4

That's the answer I was looking for. I knew there was a large collection, I must have seen those pics somewhere.

My tile for the May Ryndam cruise just, just, just came! And it's the right one, too! S-class. Yippee! I like it.

Good work HAL Mariner Society in getting them out to those who missed them.

Now, to collect the entire set. :D

My tile from our Westerdam cruise in April (actually my sainted Mother-in-Law's;)) arrived today. She will be very pleased.:)

Lynne

You don't have to go to the Brunch to get them. If you RSVP that you won't be attending you can have them delivered to your cabin. Or stop in the MDR at the end of the lunch and ask for one. Or ask at the front desk, where they sometimes have them.

That is good information to know! thanks

Archived