New Mariner tiles?

Watson's aunt

I know this will sound stupid. What are these? I have never been on a HAL ship but have a trip booked on Zuiderdam soon.

D

Tiles are given out to Mariners at the brunch held for them near the end of the cruise. The above pictures shows what the new ones look like. They are about 4 by 4 -- have cork on the bottom -- many people use them as coasters. Someone here a couple of years ago showed a picture of a tray they made the tiles.

Have you sailed on any of the Carnival Corporation cruise lines like Princess, Cunard, etc? If so -- you should be invited to the Mariner's brunch and will get a tile.

If you have never sailed on a Carnival Corporation cruise line -- then you won't be invited.

Has anyone received a new tile on a non-Vista ship yet?

I am still waiting for a tile from our April W-dam cruise. I have been in email contact with the Mariner Society and they have promised to send our tile as soon as they receive the new shipment which is on its way from Europe via ship, per a recent email I received from them. Apparently, they have a list of folks still waiting for tiles.;)

I am still waiting for a tile from our April W-dam cruise. I have been in email contact with the Mariner Society and they have promised to send our tile as soon as they receive the new shipment which is on its way from Europe via ship' date=' per a recent email I received from them. Apparently, they have a list of folks still waiting for tiles.;)[/quote']

I'm still waiting for ours from the March Maasdam cruise;)

We were on the Amsterdam May 25th-June 1st. We received two different tiles. One is of the Amsterdam and looks similar to the one pictured in one of the earlier posts except it has Rotterdam and Amsterdam at the bottom of the picture. The other looks like the front of a ship with what looks like a communication type "crows nest" type picture. It has an American flag on it as well.

I'm still waiting for ours from the March Maasdam cruise.

Ditto :(

We were on the Amsterdam May 25th-June 1st. We received two different tiles. One is of the Amsterdam and looks similar to the one pictured in one of the earlier posts except it has Rotterdam and Amsterdam at the bottom of the picture. The other looks like the front of a ship with what looks like a communication type "crows nest" type picture. It has an American flag on it as well.
That sounds like you got one 2012 tile and one 2010 one. Were these both given to you at the Mariner Brunch? Did they make it a point to give just one new one per couple, or was it random?

This is a 2010 one, if that's what you're describing:

2010_tile_2.jpg

On our Westerdam cruise in April, we received the tiles in our cabin. On the Maasdam, two weeks ago, we didn't receive at any time. I actually forgot to inquire about them this time around. Guess I will contact the Mariner Society.

Don't feel bad. We still have not received our tile from sailing on the Eurodam, November 2011. Spoke with Holland America two months ago and they said they "ran out" and had them on order. Hopefully, we will get one for my birthday Tuesday....:)

Sailing with them in November 2012; can't wait.

Barbara

On our Westerdam cruise in April, we received the tiles in our cabin. On the Maasdam, two weeks ago, we didn't receive at any time. I actually forgot to inquire about them this time around. Guess I will contact the Mariner Society.

Just don't hold our breath waiting for them:rolleyes: Of course, they said ours would be 8 weeks, so I guess I'm not just patient;);)

Who cares if we passed that time line now;);)

• 1 month later...
I'm still waiting for ours from the March Maasdam cruise;)

Just don't hold our breath waiting for them:rolleyes: Of course, they said ours would be 8 weeks, so I guess I'm not just patient;)

Who cares if we passed that time line now;)

We just got two in the mail today that I requested from HAL while still on our Mar 12-23 cruise on the Maasdam. If you haven't gotten yours yet, take heart!! :D

We were happy to receive the new Vista Class tile (It's NOORDAM.... :) ) on our recent Oosterdam cruise. I was hoping we'd start to see the new ones after receiving so many duplicate of the previous series.

We just got two in the mail today that I requested from HAL while still on our Mar 12-23 cruise on the Maasdam. If you haven't gotten yours yet, take heart!! :D

glad for you - ours should be along shortly then (with luck):)

hope you are happy with them.

Wouldn't call myself a veteran - but they are divided into each ship class - which I believe would make it four - except of course there is one all by itself for the Elegant Explorer - The Prinsendam as she is in a class by herself:):) So, I think it would bring the total to 5

Archived