Wow Sale for Celebrity?

whitshel

I know this has been asked a million times but of course not when I wanted to know, but does Celebrity ever do wow type sales, specifically the 1/2 off deposit. Maybe looking to book a cruise for next sept but don't really want to tie up $500 for a cruise we may or may not keep.

I know this has been asked a million times but of course not when I wanted to know, but does Celebrity ever do wow type sales, specifically the 1/2 off deposit. Maybe looking to book a cruise for next sept but don't really want to tie up $500 for a cruise we may or may not keep.

It appears to me that there are specials just about every week. There is an ongoing argument if it's better to book early or book late. My TA Cruise for December is much higher now then when I booked and my category is sold out. The Holy Land prior to the TA is thousands of dollars less and I upgraded and saved about $1900. So, it's really a guess at best. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

I know that in the last year Celebrity had a Wave promotion, which was really neat, because existing bookings could take advantage of the discounts. There were also two other price drops, but do not know what those were called.

Found that the early saver fare is also heavily discounted. In my case even $70 less then the above fare that had the three price drops.

I know that in the last year Celebrity had a Wave promotion, which was really neat, because existing bookings could take advantage of the discounts. There were also two other price drops, but do not know what those were called.

Found that the early saver fare is also heavily discounted. In my case even $70 less then the above fare that had the three price drops.

I believe that the Wave sale is offered 4 times a year.

I didn't realize wave was 4 times per year! Learning something everyday.

To tell you the truth I am stunned at the low rates and low air right now. Working hard to figure out how to squeeze an extra cruise in.

Orator, I have been stalking your holy land cruise, I back packed the middle east 15 years ago, and came home with tension exhaustion. I realize a cruise is completely different however. But still, unrest seems endless.

To tell you the truth I am stunned at the low rates and low air right now. Working hard to figure out how to squeeze an extra cruise in.

Orator, I have been stalking your holy land cruise, I back packed the middle east 15 years ago, and came home with tension exhaustion. I realize a cruise is completely different however. But still, unrest seems endless.

Did Holy Land last year on Constellation. Missed Alexandia, but Israel was a wonderful experience. The prices for this cruise keep dropping and I've been taking advantage of the drops.

It appears to me that there are specials just about every week. There is an ongoing argument if it's better to book early or book late. My TA Cruise for December is much higher now then when I booked and my category is sold out. The Holy Land prior to the TA is thousands of dollars less and I upgraded and saved about $1900. So, it's really a guess at best. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

Can you tell me more info on the Holy Land cruise with the large price drop? Departure port, Sail date, ship, etc? I'd like to take a look at it and see if we might be interested.

OK, let me just straight up ask, Does Celebrity ever offer 1/2 off deposits? :D Lots of replies, which I appreciate but I don't think any of them answered my original question?:confused: Or maybe I'm missing something.... Thanks again

You don't want RCI's "WOW" sale. Many people have coincidentally noticed (:rolleyes:) that they raise their rates to accommodate the OBC they're allegedly giving you. Only real benefit is the reduced deposit, which is nice but I don't see as a huge perk.

Hopefully Celebrity does something better!

Can you tell me what a Wave sale is?

Mary

Here's one I found:

Celebrity Cruises – Wave Sale!

RECEIVE UP TO $100 ONBOARD CREDIT ON SELECT 2012 CELEBRITY CRUISES!

Receive up to $100 Onboard Credit, PLUS 50% Reduced Deposit on select 2012 sailings when you book an Oceanview Stateroom or higher by March 31, 2012.

Booking Window: 2/1/12 – 3/31/12

Celebrity is having a 2 day sale, a summer solstice sale, on June 20 & 21 only that is offering onboard credit and 50% reduced deposit. Very similar to Royal's WOW sale.

Valid for cruises departing August 2012-May 2014. Onboard credit amounts are for category booked:

$50 Inside & Oceanview

$100 Veranda

$150 Concierge or Aqua Class

$300 Suites

Here's the fine print:

* Onboard Credit (“OBC”) Offer and 50% Reduced Deposit Offer (together, the “Offers”) are one per stateroom and apply to cruises departing Aug–May 2014, on Celebrity Constellation®, Celebrity Century®, Celebrity Eclipse®, Celebrity Equinox◊, Celebrity Infinity®, Celebrity Millennium®, Celebrity Reflection◊, Celebrity Silhouette®, Celebrity Solstice®, and Celebrity Summit®. Cruise must be booked on June 20-21, 2012 (the “Offer Period”). OBC amount: $50 inside and ocean view; $100 veranda categories X, 2D, 2C, 2B, 2A, 1A, 1B, 1C, SV, FV, AX ; $150 Concierge class and AquaClass; $300 suites. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offers. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Offers not applicable to chartered sailings. Prices and OBC Offer are applicable to new individual bookings and bookings named and deposited within a group during Offer Period. OBC Offer applied to booking within five business days of end of Offer Period. 50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings only and is not applicable to bookings made less than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by June 21, 2012. Prices and Offers subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, not combinable with any other offer or certain price programs, including net rates, GRPX rates, Exciting Deals, Choice air specials, Reduced air, interline, travel agent, and employee

rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offers not applicable to bookings made prior to Offer Period that are cancelled and rebooked during Offer Period.

But are you happy with what you booked? Do you have the same cabin for both btb cruises? The only cabins sold out right now on that TA are the Insides. My understanding is that in general it is better to book the TA's early because the prices tend to go up, but I guess that is a gamble if one wants to wait until after final payment.

OK, let me just straight up ask, Does Celebrity ever offer 1/2 off deposits? :D Lots of replies, which I appreciate but I don't think any of them answered my original question?:confused: Or maybe I'm missing something.... Thanks again

If you book your next cruise while on a ship; or buy an "open passage", all you deposit is $100. The remainder for the cruise is not due until final payment and the deposit is 100% refundable until 75 days before sailing. So, yes, Celebrity does offer better than 1/2 off deposits.

An "open passage" is when you just put a deposit on a future cruise with no idea when or where you want to travel.

Celebrity is having a 2 day sale, a summer solstice sale, on June 20 & 21 only that is offering onboard credit and 50% reduced deposit. Very similar to Royal's WOW sale.

Valid for cruises departing August 2012-May 2014. Onboard credit amounts are for category booked:

$50 Inside & Oceanview

$100 Veranda

$300 Suites

Here's the fine print:

* Onboard Credit (“OBC”) Offer and 50% Reduced Deposit Offer (together, the “Offers”) are one per stateroom and apply to cruises departing Aug–May 2014, on Celebrity Constellation®, Celebrity Century®, Celebrity Eclipse®, Celebrity Equinox◊, Celebrity Infinity®, Celebrity Millennium®, Celebrity Reflection◊, Celebrity Silhouette®, Celebrity Solstice®, and Celebrity Summit®. Cruise must be booked on June 20-21, 2012 (the “Offer Period”). OBC amount: $50 inside and ocean view; $100 veranda categories X, 2D, 2C, 2B, 2A, 1A, 1B, 1C, SV, FV, AX ; $150 Concierge class and AquaClass; $300 suites. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offers. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Offers not applicable to chartered sailings. Prices and OBC Offer are applicable to new individual bookings and bookings named and deposited within a group during Offer Period. OBC Offer applied to booking within five business days of end of Offer Period. 50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings only and is not applicable to bookings made less than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by June 21, 2012. Prices and Offers subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, not combinable with any other offer or certain price programs, including net rates, GRPX rates, Exciting Deals, Choice air specials, Reduced air, interline, travel agent, and employee

rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Offers not applicable to bookings made prior to Offer Period that are cancelled and rebooked during Offer Period.

I assume like booking onboard this excludes "GroupX" bookings?

If you book your next cruise while on a ship; or buy an "open passage", all you deposit is $100. The remainder for the cruise is not due until final payment and the deposit is 100% refundable until 75 days before sailing. So, yes, Celebrity does offer better than 1/2 off deposits.

An "open passage" is when you just put a deposit on a future cruise with no idea when or where you want to travel.

I have several Celebrity Passages Certifcates and they say

"Payment deposit is due at time of booking and is non-refundable. Balance of full desposit will be due when final payment is made. Final payment date will be assigned when actual ship, sail date, and catelgory is selected."

If you book a cruise usually a Celebrity Passage and decide not to go on that cruise you can book a different cruise just tell Celebrity you want or your TA you want to use the same Passages Account Number and the deposit is stays; but the cruise changes. If you cancel the cruise you lose the deposit.

We have changed cruises several times doing this.

I assume like booking onboard this excludes "GroupX" bookings?

Correct. From the conditions paragraph of the earlier post:

not combinable with any other offer or certain price programs, including net rates, GRPX rates,

The Holy Land prior to the TA is thousands of dollars less and I upgraded and saved about $1900. So, it's really a guess at best. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

Can you tell me more info on the Holy Land cruise with the large price drop? Departure port, Sail date, ship, etc? I'd like to take a look at it and see if we might be interested.

No response as of today on Departure port, Sail date, ship, etc?

A Holy Land cruise on DH's bucket list.

Mary

From what Orator wrote:

"My TA Cruise for December is much higher now then when I booked and my category is sold out. The Holy Land prior to the TA is thousands of dollars less"

You should be able to look that up pretty easily -- (do a search on the X website for TA and December, then figure out which ship it is and see if they don't do the Holy Land just prior to the TA )

$50 Inside & Oceanview

$100 Veranda

$300 Suites

Here's the fine print:

I don't see any cruises up to and including May 2014 yet.

Mo

I would love to go back to Egypt and Israel, but Egypt is a real mess. The Government is in a real state of uncertainty and the Egyptians have voted more radical.

Tourism had almost crashed in Egypt and revenues are way down. There is no way to finance keeping food prices down. That is a real prescription for disaster. I predict that things will get worse before they get better.

I just booked a few days ago and obviously missed out on the above mentioned sale. I'm not pressed at all about the 50% deposit but I wish I could've gotten the $150 OBC! Since I'm not sailing until February, and am nowhere near final payment time, can I just cancel and rebook to get the OBC? They can even keep my $500 deposit already paid, that's taken care of. I wanted to switch cabins, move up to an A1 (from A2) anyway. Is that reasonable to do? Too complicated to bother with for $150?

I just booked a few days ago and obviously missed out on the above mentioned sale. I'm not pressed at all about the 50% deposit but I wish I could've gotten the $150 OBC! Since I'm not sailing until February, and am nowhere near final payment time, can I just cancel and rebook to get the OBC? They can even keep my $500 deposit already paid, that's taken care of. I wanted to switch cabins, move up to an A1 (from A2) anyway. Is that reasonable to do? Too complicated to bother with for $150?

Cancel the current booking and make a new one. You will get a refund for the deposit, usually in a couple of days. Save your self $150 for drinks on-board!

:)

$50 Inside & Oceanview

$100 Veranda

$300 Suites

Here's the fine print:

Hi, is this on a website anywhere? I've been trying to find it so I could find out if us Ozies can take advantage of it.

Thanks.

Archived