Anyone been following the discussion on the Princess board about the Loyalty Program

I havent seen it , but I know that some people abuse it.

To make themselves look good with all their mates they take in laundry from all in sundry and send it off to get it done for free.

This spoils it for everyone else, and I think Princess are looking to impose some limit on how much they will do. On Celebrity Elite they have imposed a limit ,still very generous and more than adequate for each person.

A similar thing happened when they brought in free internet. There was no time limit, so Elites were either hogging the computers all day or handing their cards to their mates , and regular passengers who wanted to get on and pay, had no chance of getting on. Thats why there is now a time allowance on the free Captain Circles internet.

when you cruise over 150 days or 15 cruises you get all the extra benefits.....free washing, free internet plus lots of other extras....its really worth it

maybe this is why they might change a few things as this is taken from the US Princess board

Mini bar is in cabin for elites even on one day cruises. Even had laundry done on two day SFO-YVR

I have only been on 2 cruises, so any chance of picking up benefits is so far off the radar I haven't bothered doing more than casually reading about it, but I was under the impression it was already either days or cruises, as rkmw has indicated. I know I did read somewhere that the benefits only kicked in after the cruise where you made it past 150 days.

I doubt we will ever get there, but the benefits of free laundry and internet would be excellent.:D

It wouldn't make me necessarily book with princess, I would still look at prices, but if costs were similar, then the extra benefits would sway me. Doubt they would my husband but he doesn't do the laundry!:p

I read a comment that it was possible for some people in US to reach elite status for under $1000. I was wondering how they managed that. Do they have less days or cruises to reach? I am not questioning the fact, just curious, as I can't imagine a scenario over here in Australia where you could do 150 days of cruising for $1000. Wow, the Americans must have some great cruise deals.

I have only been on 2 cruises, so any chance of picking up benefits is so far off the radar I haven't bothered doing more than casually reading about it, but I was under the impression it was already either days or cruises, as rkmw has indicated. I know I did read somewhere that the benefits only kicked in after the cruise where you made it past 150 days.

I doubt we will ever get there, but the benefits of free laundry and internet would be excellent.:D

It wouldn't make me necessarily book with princess, I would still look at prices, but if costs were similar, then the extra benefits would sway me. Doubt they would my husband but he doesn't do the laundry!:p

I read a comment that it was possible for some people in US to reach elite status for under $1000. I was wondering how they managed that. Do they have less days or cruises to reach? I am not questioning the fact, just curious, as I can't imagine a scenario over here in Australia where you could do 150 days of cruising for $1000. Wow, the Americans must have some great cruise deals.

people from the US and aussies (maybe from other parts of the world too) do one and two day cruises to build up their credits so they can get to elite without doing the 150 days....they can also get the mini bar and any laundry that need doing......someone from the US said a couple did a 1 day cruise and booked as singles so they got double credits for the cruise....someone else even bought a tux from home and got princess to dry clean it as it saved them $30

hi Les, have you read the things on the princess US board about the laundry

bob

G'day Bob, yes I have perused the discussion. Trust people to stuff a good thing. I reckon Princess should not permit complimentary laundry for cruises under 5 days and on other cruises over 5 days, limit each Elite pax to one bag of laundry every 5 days. That is all we do and we are both Elites, have been for 4 years. One bag every 5 days is what we put in.

G'day Bob, yes I have perused the discussion. Trust people to stuff a good thing. I reckon Princess should not permit complimentary laundry for cruises under 5 days and on other cruises over 5 days, limit each Elite pax to one bag of laundry every 5 days. That is all we do and we are both Elites, have been for 4 years. One bag every 5 days is what we put in.

Les the same thing should be for the mini bar or princess will stop that too

I would think you just get it now! Check your status on My Princess. Actually you can contact them online through that and ask about it, also. We went on our first Princess cruise last February, and I was Platinum in the Princess' Circle and cruise personaliser (because of my previous P&O cruises) and had priority boarding and some free internet. (The Circle Lady said Princess had changed the rules last January.) :)

Archived