Anyone been following the discussion on the Princess board about the Loyalty Program

Yes, I heard 12 months ago that Princess were reviewing their eligibility for loyalty status from cruises to days and promptly got shot down in flames from everyone when I posted what I had heard.

Perhaps now the hens may be coming home to roost.

I think it is fairer for everyone, especially those who do not live in Sydney or Brisbane, to go with the days instead of the cruises.

John

I have dipped in and out - rather taken by the comments from (I assume) Elite ++ cruisers greeting the possible addition of a super elite status level with enthusiasm. No enthusiasm so far for any change in the different colour coding for cruise cards so useful if one can recognise PLUS from the Hoi Polloi.

Colleen

I think days would be fairer...just because I did six weeks on the Dawn Princess more than $10,000 and all I got was credited one cruise obviously I got the days as well...I have reached elite on days...hate to think how much that free laundry is costing me...LOL. If people can get to elite for less than $1000 in the states that is hardly equal.

But not losing sleep over it either way...my guess is they will switch back to days only and create more upper levels...but hopefully not reduce any benefits before my month on the Ocean Princess. You had better book something Debs..not that you needed any encouragement!

Sue

I think days would be fairer...just because I did six weeks on the Dawn Princess more than $10,000 and all I got was credited one cruise obviously I got the days as well...I have reached elite on days...hate to think how much that free laundry is costing me...LOL. If people can get to elite for less than $1000 in the states that is hardly equal.

But not losing sleep over it either way...my guess is they will switch back to days only and create more upper levels...but hopefully not reduce any benefits before my month on the Ocean Princess. You had better book something Debs..not that you needed any encouragement!

Sue

do people really only cruise to build up their loyality points????? hmmm!

when you cruise over 150 days or 15 cruises you get all the extra benefits.....free washing, free internet plus lots of other extras....its really worth it

maybe this is why they might change a few things as this is taken from the US Princess board

Mini bar is in cabin for elites even on one day cruises. Even had laundry done on two day SFO-YVR

do people really only cruise to build up their loyality points????? hmmm!

"ONLY" no...but when people get close to a level which delivers significant bonus' when they cruise..many will choose to partake of a short cruise or pay for a solo cabin to get sufficient points to get them over the line...why not.

They are going to cruise anyway..loyalty points are not "ONLY" reason but a good enough reason to partake of our favourite addiction. Princess' loyalty program is actually worth having and if your cruise line of choice also delivers benefits it is an incentive to stick with them in preference to another line.

Sue

Is Princess the only line with a loyalty program?

I know we continue to cruise only with Princess because we feel "at home" on the ships....the loyalty program is an incentive, just as shopping at Woolies earns FF points for our flights to Sydney.

I'll be happy as long as Princess doesn't raise the bar to get into the 'free laundry' clique.

Is Princess the only line with a loyalty program?

I know we continue to cruise only with Princess because we feel "at home" on the ships....the loyalty program is an incentive, just as shopping at Woolies earns FF points for our flights to Sydney.

I'll be happy as long as Princess doesn't raise the bar to get into the 'free laundry' clique.

I think most, if not all, of the cruise lines have loyalty programs.

We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean. Like you we feel "at home" with them. We've decided we like the product they offer & if it's not broken, don't fix it.:)

They used to base their cruise credits on the number of cruises (1 credit per cruise). In 2003 they added an extra credit for cruises of 12 nights & longer. In 2004 they added an extra credit for booking a Junior Suite or higher)

At the start of 2011 they changed to to cruise points based on the number of nights (1 per night & double points for booking a Junior Suite or higher).

I understand that Carnival is also changing from a number of cruises to a number of night based system for their loyalty program.

I agree that a system based on number of nights rather than number of cruises is much fairer (especially as we tend to take longer cruises:D).

Extra Info

For those who are interested, here is a comparison of Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor levels under the old Cruise Credit System

& the new Cruise Point System.

LEVEL. . . . . . . Credits (old) . . .Points (new)

Gold . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . 3

Platinum . . . . . . . 5 . . . . . . . . . . 30

Emerald . . . . . . . N/A . . . . . . . . . 55

Diamond . . . . . . .10 . . . . . . . . . . 80

Diamond Plus . . . 24 . . . . . . . . . .175

Pinnacle . . . . . . . N/A . . . . . . . . .700

I think most, if not all, of the cruise lines have loyalty programs.

We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean. Like you we feel "at home" with them. We've decided we like the product they offer & if it's not broken, don't fix it.:)

They used to base their cruise credits on the number of cruises (1 credit per cruise). In 2003 they added an extra credit for cruises of 12 nights & longer. In 2004 they added an extra credit for booking a Junior Suite or higher)

At the start of 2011 they changed to to cruise points based on the number of nights (1 per night & double points for booking a Junior Suite or higher).

I understand that Carnival is also changing from a number of cruises to a number of night based system for their loyalty program.

I agree that a system based on number of nights rather than number of cruises is much fairer (especially as we tend to take longer cruises:D).

Extra Info

For those who are interested, here is a comparison of Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor levels under the old Cruise Credit System

& the new Cruise Point System.

LEVEL. . . . . . . Credits (old) . . .Points (new)

Gold . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . 3

Platinum . . . . . . . 5 . . . . . . . . . . 30

Emerald . . . . . . . N/A . . . . . . . . . 55

Diamond . . . . . . .10 . . . . . . . . . . 80

Diamond Plus . . . 24 . . . . . . . . . .175

Pinnacle . . . . . . . N/A . . . . . . . . .700

can you tell me with RCI loyalty program they only gave us 30 minutes of internet for a cruise and has that changed.....with princess over 21 days we get 500 minutes each....so for a couple that are platinum or elite its 1000 minutes

can you tell me with RCI loyalty program they only gave us 30 minutes of internet for a cruise and has that changed.....with princess over 21 days we get 500 minutes each....so for a couple that are platinum or elite its 1000 minutes

Here is what you get with the Crown & Anchor Society (Royal Caribbean's loyaty program) as far as Internet access is concerned:

Gold

$5.00 USD credit or 10% off any internet package purchase

Platinum

$7.50 USD internet credit or 15% off any internet package purchase

Emerald

$10.00 USD internet credit or 15% off any internet package purchase

Diamond

30 minutes of free internet use and 20% off any internet package purchase.

Diamond Plus

45 minutes of free internet use and 25% off any internet package purchase.

Pinnacle

You get a booklet of vouchers (including the above) in your stateroom. Most of the vouchers (for the lower levels at any rate) require you to spend money to get the benefit. They give you a percentage off something or buy one get one free. A complete list of all the vouchers can be found at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642085

Here is what you get with the Crown & Anchor Society (Royal Caribbean's loyaty program) as far as Internet access is concerned:

Gold

$5.00 USD credit or 10% off any internet package purchase

Platinum

$7.50 USD internet credit or 15% off any internet package purchase

Emerald

$10.00 USD internet credit or 15% off any internet package purchase

Diamond

30 minutes of free internet use and 20% off any internet package purchase.

Diamond Plus

Pinnacle

You get a booklet of vouchers (including the above) in your stateroom. Most of the vouchers (for the lower levels at any rate) require you to spend money to get the benefit. They give you a percentage off something or buy one get one free. A complete list of all the vouchers can be found at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642085

thank you for that but the discounts havent changed much

Loyalty programmes are OK up to a point.

I give my best loyalty to the cruise lines that offer the best sale prices, usually available to everyone.

In some cases I have witnessed, I think cruise lines would prefer not to have repeat cruisers come back on board as they have been the rudest and most demanding of passengers, expecting everything to be as it was on their previous cruise and wanting to be fussed over and given preference over everyone else, who have all paid the same fare.

I spent a lot of money on Princess for that 'free laundry.' They had better not take it off!

hi Les, have you read the things on the princess US board about the laundry

bob

Archived