Can anyone recommend a evening bus tour of Rome?

Waihekean

A while ago I notated to do an evening tour in Rome to all the major sites that are illuminated. However did not record the name of this bus tour and was wondering if anyone knew a good tour like this.

Or should I wait with asking till a bit later in the season for current opinions?

What are you hoping to see lit up? The only key sites that the buses can pass (so that you can see them from the bus) are the Colosseum, Castel Sant'Angelo, Santa Maria Maggiore and St. Peter's.

Buses cannot pass by the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon or the Spanish Steps.

A while ago I notated to do an evening tour in Rome to all the major sites that are illuminated. However did not record the name of this bus tour and was wondering if anyone knew a good tour like this.

Or should I wait with asking till a bit later in the season for current opinions?

Don't know a bus tour but do know that Italy Segway Tours has an evening tour that we plan to do next time we are in Rome. It hits all the major sites and Segways are a blast to tour on....we did the daytime tour with them last month and it was great fun!! They take only minutes to learn to ride and nearly anyone that can stand can do it....it's a great way to see sights and you aren't exhausted from walking for miles at the end.

I just did a google search for " Rome illuminated evening bus tour " and a bunch of website links came up........ you might want to try that first and look around at the ones available. Then come back here and ask about a specific one that looks good to you.

We pre-booked a tour on line for our first trip to Rome in 2007 from Viator of the Illuminated highlights in Rome. You could book it with or without dinner. We opted for the dinner and really enjoyed it (Papa Rex restaurant). The tour bus picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel.

We took a tour of Rome and Night with driverinrome and had a wonderful time. It was very inspiring to see St. Peter's Square without the crowds. We also stopped close to the Spanish Steps and had time to go down and up them if we wished.

For those who can walk, Rome is beautiful on foot in the evenings. I've been known to walk from the Pantheon to the Colosseum and back by way of Trevi after dinner in the evenings. It walks off a few of those delicious calories and makes room for gelato. Many other people are out doing the same thing; it's very safe (and social).

What are you hoping to see lit up? The only key sites that the buses can pass (so that you can see them from the bus) are the Colosseum, Castel Sant'Angelo, Santa Maria Maggiore and St. Peter's.

Buses cannot pass by the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon or the Spanish Steps.

Mainly the Colosseum and the ones you mention above. It seems most tours have a stop (so presume walk to) Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona.

We pre-booked a tour on line for our first trip to Rome in 2007 from Viator of the Illuminated highlights in Rome. You could book it with or without dinner. We opted for the dinner and really enjoyed it (Papa Rex restaurant). The tour bus picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel.

Yes, I have seen a couple with dinner, they are pricey, but good to hear that food was good.

I just did a google search for " Rome illuminated evening bus tour " and a bunch of website links came up........ you might want to try that first and look around at the ones available. Then come back here and ask about a specific one that looks good to you.

Yeah, that is the problem:p Too many sites came up and a lot are quoting in American $. Want the ones with euro pricing.

We took a tour of Rome and Night with driverinrome and had a wonderful time. It was very inspiring to see St. Peter's Square without the crowds. We also stopped close to the Spanish Steps and had time to go down and up them if we wished.

Going to check out driverinrome. We are staying near the Spanish Steps, but maybe we can do some of the Piazzas instead.

For Gracie115, Maryannns & CruiseMom,

Walking or Skegway is not an option, because want to do this tour with my elderly mother, so she can have a bit of a break from walking:o

Just a note on the Segway, when we went there was a woman who was over 80 with us, she learned how to use in minutes and had a wonderful time. Obviously if there are issues with balance or being able to stand you couldn't do this tour but if not, it is great fun. Just so you know.

Just a note on the Segway, when we went there was a woman who was over 80 with us, she learned how to use in minutes and had a wonderful time. Obviously if there are issues with balance or being able to stand you couldn't do this tour but if not, it is great fun. Just so you know.

We might try that then in The Vila Borghese Gardens, because of the distances involved.

Archived