Cruising based on itinerary?

ann2013

We are planning a cruise next May/June to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. My husband has been to Europe, but I haven't, so I thought I would like to hit as many of the "highlights" as I can. We've narrowed our choice down to the NCL Grand Mediterranean on the Norwegian Spirit. I love the itinerary! Is it wrong to book based solely on itinerary? I know nothing about this cruise line. We've only been on one previous cruise and that was on Royal Caribbean to the Caribbean! I've read a couple of reviews from people who have recently been on this trip and most sounded positive. Just wondered if anyone has any advice for a first time European cruiser.

We are planning a cruise next May/June to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. My husband has been to Europe, but I haven't, so I thought I would like to hit as many of the "highlights" as I can. We've narrowed our choice down to the NCL Grand Mediterranean on the Norwegian Spirit. I love the itinerary! Is it wrong to book based solely on itinerary? I know nothing about this cruise line. We've only been on one previous cruise and that was on Royal Caribbean to the Caribbean! I've read a couple of reviews from people who have recently been on this trip and most sounded positive. Just wondered if anyone has any advice for a first time European cruiser.

I feel the itinerary is the #1 reason for choosing one cruise over the other. As long as all other things are fairly equal - pricing, length, ship size, etc.

:)

Congratulations on your anniversary!

When picking European cruises (Med, Baltic, etc.) I always make decision based on itinerary. I am even willing to pay more for a favorite itinerary. I feel that each European port is unique. It's very unlike Caribbean ports, which are more or less similar.

Especially on European cruises, which are often very port-intensive, the ship is secondary to the itinerary for us. Other times, like the Caribbean, where we've been many times, itinerary is not so imortant.

Choose the itinerary you like, then the ship, if there is more than one choice.

The itinerary is the most important thing for me too.

Congratulations on your forthcoming ruby wedding anniversary.

I always say, any fool can "get" married - but to stay married (and want to celebrate too?!) Well, I will raise a glass to that!

We all book for different reasons based on what we want to get out of our vacation...IMHO booking for the itinerary is a much better reason than booking based on the cruise line. I will never understand the logic of limiting your own choices based on some kind of loyalty to a certain line. If this ship is offerring what you want then I say go for it and have fun!

All our cruises based ONLY on the itinerary!

NCL is a good cruise line, we liked it more that RCI - don't know if you like fixed dining or any time, NCL only has any time, everything else is nice, clean, well organized.

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my question and for all your good wishes. You've confirmed for me that we are making the right decision.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as our planning proceeds. I can see this is going to be really helpful. Thanks again.

Archived