Ryndam Pinnacle quality

royal65

On another thread there was a discussion re differing quality from ship-to-ship in the Pinnacle Grille. We'll be on the Ryndam soon and was wondering about the food quality there. I typically have the porterhouse and my wife seafood (usually lobster). Any Ryndam experiences you care to share?

I was on the Ryndam just this past May, and ate at the Pinnacle twice. Both times were delicious food, and gracious service.

The first time I had the boneless ribeye, as I've been told it is so good. It was good, but it was not exactly as I am used to. Maybe next time I'll try the bone-in ribeye.

The second visit I had my usual petit filet mignon. Perfect!

Soup, potatoes, sides, and dessert were fine. Just as I am used to in the Pinnacle.

I love the setting of the Pinnacle on this ship. The views were lovely as we sailed along.

I, too, love the intimacy of the Pinnacle on the "S" class ships. Preferable over th Vista class ships.

We ate there twice on the Veendam...once for lunch; the other time dinner. Fred had the bone in rib eye; I had the lamb chops. Both were excellent. We shared the Caesar salad made tableside and had creamed spinach and asparagus. Yummy.

We were on the Ryndam in May. On that cruise we didn't have the regular menu in the Pinnacle, having experienced a couple of poor meals there on the Eurodam last year. However, we thought it was time to try the 'Le Cirque' dinner which really was fantastic - best meal we've ever had on a HAL ship. I had the Chateaubriand steak - wow!! The meal was worth every penny of the $39 cover charge. Excellent food and service - a memorable evening. We had a window table and were treated to a splendid view of a full, bright rainbow. Don't think that was part of the deal though! :)

When you are on the 'smaller' ships - you have a great venue.

I hate to generalize, but generally speaking (at least for us) all the smaller ships have had great Pinnacle Grills. My biggest disappointment has been on the larger ships (although ok) and my best surprise has been on the Prinsendam (happily). I think you will be just fine on the this ship:) JMHO though:D:D

Not just the Pinnacle Grill that I think is better on the R and S class ships, I like everything about thiese ships better.

We were on the Ryndam for two weeks earlier this year and ate in the Pinnacle four times. DW favors the lamb skewers while my favorite is the seafood skewers. The service and the food were only wonderful. If it gets any better than this, I'm far too unsophisticated to appreciate it anyway.

And don't forget the Caneletto, the best kept secret on these ships.

Bon Voyage:)

Ryndam is the only ship we've sailed on twice, most recently just weeks ago. We've enjoyed Pinnacle on Amsterdam, Westerdam, and Eurodam. We typically do the Pinnacle once each cruise. The two "Least delightful" Pinnacle meals we've had were on Ryndam.

On our recent cruise we actually thought our Rotterdam Dining Room service was superior to the Pinnacle. We did have a superb wait staff in the Rotterdam! We also thought the ribeye steak offered one evening in the Rotterdam was every bit as good as the Filet we had in Pinnacle.

The desserts in Pinnacle are excellent.

The two "Least delightful" Pinnacle meals we've had were on Ryndam.

I have to agree. The worst service I ever had was in the Ryndam Pinnacle. The Pinnacle manager blamed it on the fact that people were ordering more thean one course:eek::rolleyes:. This was back in Oct 2010 so I hope things are better.

The second visit I had my usual petit filet mignon. Perfect!

I always try to remember to order the small size portion -- and often the waiters will ask. But if they don't and if I forget to say petite, the filet that arrives is enormous!

I cannot bring myself to waste that delicious filet so take what I can't eat "home" with me to put in a salad the next day. Then it feels like 2 pinnacles for the price of one. :)

I always try to remember to order the small size portion -- and often the waiters will ask. But if they don't and if I forget to say petite, the filet that arrives is enormous!

I cannot bring myself to waste that delicious filet so take what I can't eat "home" with me to put in a salad the next day. Then it feels like 2 pinnacles for the price of one. :)

I would hear my mother saying "Clean your plate", and would finish it. Then I not only wouldn't want dessert, I would feel stuffed until dinner the next night. Or longer. :rolleyes:

Archived