Nephew now wants to go...is it possible?

canjay95

We are taking a family cruise in July. We have a cabin booked as well as my sister and my parents. My sister is booked early saver with three in her cabin- ocean view. Her step-son has now decided he wants to go. Is this even possible with the early saver fare? And if it is, how do I know how much it would be? Do I change her passengers from 3 to 4 and then see what the difference is on a mock booking? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

We are taking a family cruise in July. We have a cabin booked as well as my sister and my parents. My sister is booked early saver with three in her cabin- ocean view. Her step-son has now decided he wants to go. Is this even possible with the early saver fare? And if it is, how do I know how much it would be? Do I change her passengers from 3 to 4 and then see what the difference is on a mock booking? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Will the cabin allow 4?

Yes, you can add a PAX to an ES booking. However, cabin capacity must allow another PAX. Also, a full ship could create the problem if capacity is full in your muster station. 3rd/4th PAX fare is usually less but not always discounted. Call whoever you booked with for more info. BTW, make sure he is a definite GO, you don't want the hassle if he changes his mind again.

I hope it works out for you and they are not booked and can fit 4 people in!

But if it doesn't it certainly sounds like a good lesson for the step son in not waiting until the last minute to make decisions and inconvenience others because of it.

Note: If your nephew is under 18 he'll need a notarized letter from whichever parents aren't traveling with him. They might not ask for it, but if they do and you don't have it, he won't be allowed to board.

I booked ES last year for 2. We added 2 more passengers, and had to downgrade to a lower level to get a 4 person cabin. Normally, they do not allow downgrades with ES. But, like I told the rep when I called, the adding of 2 passengers will give them a profit. She spoke with a supervisor, and it was done. Just call.. if there is room on the ship and your cabin, it shouldnt cost more than say 100 to 150 plus taxes to add him.

I asked here to see if anyone knew because this board is so helpful with many people who are experts on cruising. I obviously was going to call the cruise line and investigate myself. I just thought I'd see what experiences others had so I would know what to anticipate. I hate to see so many rude people responding though. If you are going to be rude, just don't respond! Geez...

I agree. Why ask here where 90 % of the answers will be guesses

Because sometimes people here have experience with how it works, and sometimes the reps don't give the correct answers. I was actually told by another line's rep that I can cancel up until embarkation for a refund, and I can also change a person to a cabin right up until then. (with no penalty). For a moment I thought "That's great! it's not like that on Carnival". So then I tried looking through their site, and could NOT find their cancellation policy, no matter how I searched. I asked on that line's thread, and someone gave me the link where to find the answer. And yes, they are just like Carnival, up until final payment I can make changes, but then after that it's penalty, etc.

If I were new to cruising, I'd have believed her. Even though I was newer to that line, and did almost believe her, I knew to ask here to get a straight answer.

Sometimes real-people experience helps get the answers before you deal with someone that you're supposed to believe who might be wrong.

I asked here to see if anyone knew because this board is so helpful with many people who are experts on cruising. I obviously was going to call the cruise line and investigate myself. I just thought I'd see what experiences others had so I would know what to anticipate. I hate to see so many rude people responding though. If you are going to be rude, just don't respond! Geez...

I agree. I am sorry that you got some snarky responses. I am just as surprised at all of the rude responses. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree. Sorry for the ugly responses you have gotten. So many people here have so much experience and have been in so many of the situations asked; it is nice to get an idea of what you are walking into before you call the line. Also, I am sure it is a question many others have and it is an informative one that folks can learn from.

I agree. I am sorry that you got some snarky responses. I am just as surprised at all of the rude responses. Enjoy your cruise!

It's just a question we could not give an answer to. We didn't know the type of cabin, did it hold 1,2, or 3 etc. We don't know the capacity booked, so we couldn't say yes or no. The variables were provided, but it was ultimately up to the poster and Carnival. Now, a question about a show time, a dining time etc can be given a concrete answer.

Archived