Advantage to INSIDE Cabins?

It will be less expensive and you won't have to worry about day light. Being midship, you will feel the motion of the ocean a little less, but being on the Empress deck may negate some of that.....

I love inside cabins! I have done ocean views and balconies, but if I have my choice, I'd take an inside every time.

Other than the obvious of it being less expensive, I love the total darkness in the cabin. It is great for sleeping!

Good luck!

While I love the balcony, one of my favorite cruises was in a inside cabin. Sunlight tends to wake me up no matter what time I go to bed. One of the best nights sleep ever.

Tip: Bring along a night light and extension cord. This let me find my way to the wall swich and the restroom. It's DARK in there without it.

All of the reason stated are why I love inside cabins...the only things I do in my cabin are getting ready to leave the cabin and sleep, well there may be one more :rolleyes:...but...the darkness of the inside cabin provides the best sleep.

One other thing is that because they are less expensive, you can look to upgrade if the price changes of a cabin in a higher category. We have had this happen to us on the last two cruises. We went from an inside to an oceanview.

Regards,

R

Once in a while, balcony rooms may end up with the "party room" next door and with the balcony - you get lots of that noise. With an inside room, you don't have to worry about that at all. I also love the privacy and ability to take a nap during the day (I can't sleep unless it's really dark).

Also.. if your ship has a shipcam - I would turn the TV to that channel. It's almost like having a window! I used that for our nightlight before.

We had an inside room on our first cruise. Definitely no regrets! like someone else mentioned, turn the tv on the channel of the bow camera. That way we knew when it was getting light. Also, find a battery operated digital clock that lights up, as the rooms have no clocks.

I wasn't sure I'd like cruising, but I really did. We are going on our 2nd trip and upgraded to a cove balcony.

We always get the Inside State Rooms.

They are cheaper, but the main reason is we are only in our cabin to sleep or take a shower.

And if you like it cold. You can get the inside state room real cold.

Like one poster said when you turn the lights out it's "darker than crap".:D

To me this makes for a good nights sleep. :)

Have had #7345 twice (once on Freedom, once on Glory). this is a 1A mid-ship (right next to the self laundry and behind the mid-ship elevators) and the beds DO make into a king.... Have also had #6393 on Conquest (also a 1A).

Love these hidden jewels!!! These are my preferred cabins on the Conquest Class ships!! The rooms are slightly wider than a standard inside and the vanity area is along one wall rather than being chopped up. I have pictures up on cruiselinerooms(dot)com for Glory and Conquest.

Out of 10 cruises so far, I have mostly booked insides. Twice I was able to upgrade to a balcony for the same price. Some people say they could never go back to an inside (or even an oceanview) after a balcony. That is not my experience. I like to cruise. Any cabin is fine with me.

There are things I enjoy about each class of cabins, but none of those things is more valuable than being able to afford to cruise, or to cruise more often. So I'll keep booking insides, and sometimes I'll get a free or extremely cheap upgrade to an oceanview or balcony, and then I'll go back to an inside again on the next cruise.

Keep cruising -- that's my motto!

We occasionaly book inside but only when budget is tight.

Some say they book inside because they don't spend much

time in the cabin.

I agree , when we book inside we don't want to spend any

time in it either. But balcony cabins are another story.

We do spend much more time in our cabin then.

After 70 cruises ,

If there is any advantage to booking inside for us , only $$.

making me feel better about the fact I cannot afford the upgrade to balcony right now.

If you can find the space, I bring a LIGHTED electric alarm clock so when I wake up I can see what time it is. Otherwise unless you have a good watch and good eyes to read it, you will sleep in.

Leave the over the door shoe organizer at home and bring the alarm clock.

It's cheap and dark!

Dark is not such an advantage for me. I can't sleep when it's pitch dark and quiet, that's why I leave the TV on (even though it was half in Spanish for my trip.)

People also say it gets you out of the cabin more to experience the sunlight and weather, something you might do if you can just look out your window or pop out onto the balcony.

I always cruise with my 81 yr old mom and my 21 yr old son. We always get an inside room. I always sleep so much better in that room than at home. It's nice and dark in those cabins. I agree with those that have mentioned the nightlight and alarm clock, always bring those. My son always gets the bunk bed that drops down from the ceiling. (No, I am NOT climbing up there!! LOL!) Here he is a few cruises back up in the bunk. :)

FreedomcruiseJan2011.jpg

Inside cabins are nice because you can take a nap in the middle of the day without sunlight being a problem. Finding your way to the bathroom at night in the dark without turning on a light can be kinda tricky :eek:

Archived