Captains Club question

gdpups

I have only cruised once on Celebrity, but prior to that had 5 cruises on Royal Caribbean, so was able to transfer those over and on that first Celebrity cruise I was Select.

My questions is, to reach the next level on Celebrity (10 cruises) do I just need to complete another 5 on Celebrity since I am already Select, or do they just count my Celebrity cruises, so would still need to complete another 9. Not sure how this works??

Unfortunately you can not combine RCL and Celebrity cruises to reach a loyalty club level in either line. So you'll stay at your current level until you either accumulate enough RCL cruises to reach Diamond level in RCL's Crown and Anchor Society or enough Celebrity cruises to reach Elite in the Captain's Club. But as soon as you do either you'll get the reciprocal level when sailing the sister lines.

I have only cruised once on Celebrity, but prior to that had 5 cruises on Royal Caribbean, so was able to transfer those over and on that first Celebrity cruise I was Select.

My questions is, to reach the next level on Celebrity (10 cruises) do I just need to complete another 5 on Celebrity since I am already Select, or do they just count my Celebrity cruises, so would still need to complete another 9. Not sure how this works??

To become Elite on Celebrity you need to be Diamond on Royal Caribbean or earn 10 cruise points on Celebrity. You get 1 cruise point for each cruise. However you gain an extra point for a cruise of 12 days or longer and an additional point if you book Concierge Class or higher. Thus a 14 day cruise in Aqua Class would give you 3 points. Register at My Celebrity and you can keep track of your points and level.

When I transferred my status from RCI to Celebrity I was given ten points. Each cruise that I now take on Celebrity adds to the original ten. I'm assuming that you will only have to add cruise credits to those already given to you when you came over as Select until you get to ten for Elite.

I think the better way to get your answer is to call Captain's Club and ask your question.

When I transferred my status from RCI to Celebrity I was given ten points. Each cruise that I now take on Celebrity adds to the original ten. I'm assuming that you will only have to add cruise credits to those already given to you when you came over as Select until you get to ten for Elite.

I think the better way to get your answer is to call Captain's Club and ask your question.

Confusing? You don't Transfer status, there is reciprocity between the two programs. You do not earn points on RCL that become X points. Example: Let's say you've been on 20 RCL cruises and you are "Diamond" in their program. Because of reciprocity you will become "Elite" on Celebrity, but not have X cruise points. Note: RCL uses "days" to determine status, Celebrity uses "cruise points", so the terms are different. Celebrity only awards and counts cruise points that are earned on Celebrity cruises. Hope this is clear.

The OP is talking about earning the additional five points on Celebrity, not RCI. If they already have five points for Select the next five should get them to ten and Elite.

The Captain's Club section on the Celebrity web site will tell you how many points you have with CEL, and I bet it says six.

I would still call Captain's Club and ask them, because none of us posters are experts.

The OP is talking about earning the additional five points on Celebrity, not RCI. If they already have five points for Select the next five should get them to ten and Elite.

The Captain's Club section on the Celebrity web site will tell you how many points you have with CEL, and I bet it says six.

I would still call Captain's Club and ask them, because none of us posters are experts.

The OP said that he only had 1 Celebrity cruise. Depending on the length and cabin category of that cruise they only have from 1-3 Celebrity cruise credits. If you are Diamond on RCL your Celebrity points are really irrelevant since due to reciprocity you are at the highest Celebrity level. Now watch the arguments for an Elite+ level begin. Remember, Celebrity uses "cruise points", RCL uses "day". How would you ever translate "days" into "points"? Or, perhaps I'm missing something.

That is not correct he would still be Select, they do not add the points, never have since the program started. It is how many points you have on each cruise line. If 5 on RCI and 5 on Celebrity you will still be Select even if you got your first five on RCI.Unless it is a mistake his points on Celebrity will be 1..

Always good to get another opinion, but I would wager that many who post on this board provide better information than some at Celebrity.

To my knowledge that is just all wrong...

Otherwise, my 21 Celebrity points should transfer over to RCCL and put me close to being Diamond Plus! But, alas, on the RCCL site, I am only credited with 111 points, representing the cruises I have taken solely with RCCL...

If someone actually credited you with 10 points on Celebrity, it really makes very little difference--as additional points beyond 10 on Celebrity's system mean absolutely nothing...

If they do that, though, then I guess I should argue for more C&A points...Combined on the two lines, I have the equivalent of 37 cruises (or credits) but am still approximately 10 seven night RCCL cruises away from reaching "Diamond Plus"...

Per one of the suggestion I check my online Captains club account and it says I have 2 points (my cruise was in conciege class) so I guess that answers my question. Thanks for all the input, very confusing!

Per one of the suggestion I check my online Captains club account and it says I have 2 points (my cruise was in conciege class) so I guess that answers my question. Thanks for all the input, very confusing!

That is correct. 1 point for the cruise plus 1 point for Concierge. Now you just need to take some additional Celebrity cruises. I must warn you that it's easy to become addicted.

If what you say is true, then I have no idea why I was assigned 10 credits when I first registered with Captain's Club from RCI. I'm now up to 21. Either way, I'm D+ on RCI, so hopefully I will be covered as Elite plus if that comes to be a status.

If what you say is true, then I have no idea why I was assigned 10 credits when I first registered with Captain's Club from RCI. I'm now up to 21. Either way, I'm D+ on RCI, so hopefully I will be covered as Elite plus if that comes to be a status.

Have you checked your Captain's Club account on line? It would be very interesting if you were to report the cruises that Celebrity has listed in your cruise history.

Yes, I have checked my account on line. It lists the first entry as ten points with no date or ships and gave me Elite. It then goes on to list each of the cruises I have taken on Celebrity and the corresponding credits. The total reflects the ten that I received originally.

Maybe they changed the process since I joined Captain's Club several years ago.

Yes, I have checked my account on line. It lists the first entry as ten points with no date or ships and gave me Elite. It then goes on to list each of the cruises I have taken on Celebrity and the corresponding credits. The total reflects the ten that I received originally.

You are then a most fortunate person.

I know it took much effort and several faxes to get Captain's Club to change our back-to-back sailings from the 90's to individual sailing credits. Pre-2002 Celebrity did not give two points to 14 day sailings and many travel agents listed B2B sailings on a single invoice.

Our RCL standing originally showed "10 points" to give us Diamond status when reciprocity was first introduced. Our RCL sailings were never added to the 10 nor to the conversion in days that RCL now uses. According to their requirements we are still working to get to the Diamond threshold if we ever wish to get to Diamond+

You are then a most fortunate person.

I know it took much effort and several faxes to get Captain's Club to change our back-to-back sailings from the 90's to individual sailing credits. Pre-2002 Celebrity did not give two points to 14 day sailings and many travel agents listed B2B sailings on a single invoice.

Our RCL standing originally showed "10 points" to give us Diamond status when reciprocity was first introduced. Our RCL sailings were never added to the 10 nor to the conversion in days that RCL now uses. According to their requirements we are still working to get to the Diamond threshold if we ever wish to get to Diamond+

Same experience here. Perhaps they gave him the 10 points for booking keeping purposes and failed to change them. My RCL account only gives me credit for RCL cruises. Would also be Diamond+ if they counted Celebrity.

Same experience here. Perhaps they gave him the 10 points for booking keeping purposes and failed to change them. My RCL account only gives me credit for RCL cruises. Would also be Diamond+ if they counted Celebrity.

Before we became Diamond with RCL we were Elite with X. We were listed as Diamond with 10 Cruise Credits (before they went to Days) untill we surpassed the the required number of cruises to become actual Diamond members. This may be the case with the OP. ~ Ric

Before we became Diamond with RCL we were Elite with X. We were listed as Diamond with 10 Cruise Credits (before they went to Days) untill we surpassed the the required number of cruises to become actual Diamond members. This may be the case with the OP. ~ Ric

Hi Ric:

The OP is fine. Sanjoseca had the unexplained credits. Your example seems to support my "bookkeeping" theory. They perhaps need to list something to indicate that you are on a specific level. Once you take cruises they only count those. Sanjoseca seems to have got a break and good for him.

Archived