Childrens Menu

Nymue

I don't know how old your grandson is but on Celebrity all kids 3 and up can eat with the other children and counselors at 6PM in the buffet. You have to sign up for it and there is a nominal fee of $6.00 per child. Then they go to the Fun Factory afterward for no fee (until after 10PM). This is a great option if you want to try one of the specialty restaurants or just dine with the adults.

My son does come to the main dining room and when he does we don't order off the kids menu but when he eats with the kids he eats off the kids menu.

It depends on how old your grandson is but he may want to try steak and other things for the first time. This is a great way for him to try new things and who cares if he doesn't eat it- they'll bring him something else if he doesn't. The food is all paid for.

I got my son's to eat escargot on cruises!

They are very flexible with the menu for everyone, including the kids, and will happily adapt the main menu, or rustle up a baked potato, or pasta etc on request, we found that another idea was to take the kdis up to the buffet, and sit with them while they ate what they liked (so much choice here) then they went to funfactory while we ate our longer dinner.

Here is our video clip of my boys enjoying their cruise -

We sailed on the Summit in April and the kids menue was great. They offered a real 4-5 course menue for the kids. The start could be a small friut salat or a juice or a salat, followed by a soupe and nice entrees. We were very surprised and impressed by this :) Our little one (2) enjoyed it a lot, the older one (6) ordered from the regular menue. Everyone was very nice and friendly and our children had a long dinner in the MDR nearly every night with us.

I tried several lines now and we will choose- whenever possible- Celebrity for our family vacations. Also the kids club was amazing.

Thanks for sharing your video - it is wonderful! We are taking our boys on their first Celebrity cruise in the Winter. They look to be about the same age as yours (12 and 10 now - will be 13 and 11 by sailing time) so it was great seeing how much fun they had. My older one loves the "fancy food" in the dining room, but my younger might enjoy the childrens' menu more. Looks like there are many options. I hope they have the pizza demonstration on our cruise - they would love that!

You can mix items from the children's menu with those from the main menu. This worked really well for my children. My DD loved the tomato soup from the children's menu as a starter and had this most nights followed by items from the main or children's menu.

We tended to eat early in the MDR room with the children on some nights and at other times they ate in the buffet and we ate later in the MDR while they went to kid's club.:)

Thanks, she's 11 and a VERY picky eater.. Her uncle is getting married on the cruise so there will be a lot of family on the ship. There will be at least 4 or 5 nights that we will all be eating together, formal nights are a definite.

We'll be on the Summitt over Spring Break.

They are very flexible with the menu for everyone, including the kids, and will happily adapt the main menu, or rustle up a baked potato, or pasta etc on request, we found that another idea was to take the kdis up to the buffet, and sit with them while they ate what they liked (so much choice here) then they went to funfactory while we ate our longer dinner.

Loved it! Wish we had taken our kids when they were small instead of waiting until they were adults.

Sue

We took a bunch of grandkids on a cruise last year, and all except the very youngest (5 & 7, and they did have things off the main menu sometimes) loved eating off the main menu. They were adventerous eaters! They still tease grandpa about eating escargot when he wouldn't!

I think the main dining room was one of their favorite experiences. They were ages 5-11. (Seven of them)

If she's picky, she can pick and choose from both menus. And it's a good opportunity for her to try something out of the box (for her), since if she doesn't like it, it's easy to get something else.

Nice video! :)

We had our two grandsons on the Silhouette in January, there is a children's menu that the youngest could order from but all he ate the entire cruise was hotdogs and fries, and ice cream brownie for dessert.... occasionally he would eat something from the main menu cherry soup etc,, now the oldest who was 8 at the time, he ordered off the adult menu. He knew exactly what he wanted each night and did it like a pro. From appetizer to dessert he chose off the menu. He had frog's legs and loved them, lobster bisque, escargot several nights, prosciutto wrapped melon, steak tartar, he would try anything and loved 99% of it. Never ordered off the children's menu. I see a future cruiser in him.

the child menu is very basic, so do try to have them try some things off the adult menu, you can order an assortment to share on the table.

We sailed with friends who had a young child a couple years ago. There was a children's menu that changed nightly. Each night they had the asst. maitre d' show them the menu for the next night and if there wasn't anything the youngster wanted on it they'd place a special order for something they did like. The staff was very accommodating and things worked well. In general the staff loves children and will go all out to be helpful.

We sailed with friends who had a young child a couple years ago. There was a children's menu that changed nightly. Each night they had the asst. maitre d' show them the menu for the next night and if there wasn't anything the youngster wanted on it they'd place a special order for something they did like. The staff was very accommodating and things worked well. In general the staff loves children and will go all out to be helpful.

Thanks - appreciate you posting this. It will be helpful for me to request this too as my younger child is a very picky eater.

Agree with Larry, we traveled for years with our kids, they started sailing Celebrity at an early age and now are adults. The staff will bend over backwards for the kids and as with adults, food should be the last thing to worry about.

My son eats just about everything and anything and I attribute that to his cruising experience. Daughter is a little more picky but constantly does business meetings in NYC, she knows how to act in a fine restaurant.

They used to have a class to show how to fold the napkins, I remember the kids went and had a ball...

Archived