Nightlife: Azamara Journey

Jillikins

Hello experienced cruisers! My husband and I are in our 40's and love to dance! To rock. Not Big Bands. We understand that with only 700 passengers there isn't going to be a raging party until 3 am but we can we expect in terms of night life onboard generally?

The Azamara website just mentions lounges to have drinks. We don't usually just sit and drink. Unless we are eating too!

I wonder if there are any older posts with the daily schedule of life on board posted?

Hello experienced cruisers! My husband and I are in our 40's and love to dance! To rock. Not Big Bands. We understand that with only 700 passengers there isn't going to be a raging party until 3 am but we can we expect in terms of night life onboard generally?

The Azamara website just mentions lounges to have drinks. We don't usually just sit and drink. Unless we are eating too!

I wonder if there are any older posts with the daily schedule of life on board posted?

The Looking Glass lounge has a tiny 2 piece or 3 piece group until 11 pm. then a DJ who plays music that i can not dance to. i like 60's to 80's. and he likes is last weeks. .bands i never heard of..you might know them but i do not..

i tend to lsiten to the piano palyer and read in bed msot nights.

this is a great cruise line- great people.. but no great night life.. was a little different in S America as they party late- like to 5 am late.

Hi Jillikins - As Robin said, there is usually a small ensemble playing in the Looking Glass lounge in the evenings and the DJ takes over around 10pm. We do like the DJ and dance to the music although the lounge never seems to get very busy when he is on.

The piano player in Mosaics is also very good to listen to and very entertaining.

There is also the production shows or guest entertainers in the main lounge before or after dinner and sometimes a guitar player in the Sunset Bar or Mosaics around dinner time.

The ship usually hosts a "White Night" party one night on the outside deck. It is set up with tables and chairs, most people come here for dinner instead of the dining room, and the entertainment is very good. Usually the CD sings, there is a show with the singers and dancers, the band plays and there is dancing......a very enjoyable evening.

Overall, not as much nightlife as on Celebrity or RCCL....a bit more subdued but very relaxing.

There might be the opportunity to dance in Looking Glass into the late evening, but it may also be pretty quiet too dependent upon the passenger mix on your cruise and others from the roll call if it is active. On my last trip there was a group of younger Australian travel agents together with a great group of friends from our roll call and the dance floor closed at 3am on some nights. The two previous cruises I took were quiet.

I had a look at my Pursuits daily paper from the last trip and evenings in Looking Glass with the DJ, starting at 10.30pm included the following theme parties to give you an idea:

Best of Abba, Motown Dance Party, I Love the 80's Dance Party, Saturday Night Fever, request night, Divas through the decades, Karaoke, etc.

Quite often there weren't many people at the theme nights and the DJ then played the more usual dance music including more recent stuff, but would take requests too.

White Night on deck is a good fun event if they do that on your cruise. It is held on the pool deck when the weather is warm. Good fun.

Phil

There might be the opportunity to dance in Looking Glass into the late evening, but it may also be pretty quiet too dependent upon the passenger mix on your cruise and others from the roll call if it is active. On my last trip there was a group of younger Australian travel agents together with a great group of friends from our roll call and the dance floor closed at 3am on some nights. The two previous cruises I took were quiet.

I had a look at my Pursuits daily paper from the last trip and evenings in Looking Glass with the DJ, starting at 10.30pm included the following theme parties to give you an idea:

Best of Abba, Motown Dance Party, I Love the 80's Dance Party, Saturday Night Fever, request night, Divas through the decades, Karaoke, etc.

Quite often there weren't many people at the theme nights and the DJ then played the more usual dance music including more recent stuff, but would take requests too.

White Night on deck is a good fun event if they do that on your cruise. It is held on the pool deck when the weather is warm. Good fun.

Phil

I agree Phil. I was impressed by the range if music the DJ would play and how he would respond to his audience and/or their requests on all my trips. My music knowledge is 60s to early 90s in the main and I think I knew/had heard of all he played.

It is true, it does depend on how many people are prepared to dance but one nice thing I noticed, younger officers seemed to be allowed to go up there with a "brief" to fill up the dance floor if a few guests were dancing. I notice they did not dance if the floor was either busy or empty but acted as useful catalysts at other times.

was on a cruise in S America and the dance floor was packed many nights. i was told some night like 5 am or later. But i am have been up there when it was dead and just went to bed earlier.

i use to go to some of these but after 5 cruises it gets old - need new theme nights. also i found for me if i was up early i went to bed early.

The theme thing started shortly after the 945 show ended. when the theme eneded i was in bed.

Phil

that can be my favorite night of the cruise..

It totally depends on the passenger complement. We had a gregarious group of Brazilians who never slept. They danced on deck, in Mosaics, and definitely kept the Looking Glass hopping. I mentioned this group on a thread about the laundry and they even danced there.

Don't miss the local groups that entertain by the pool on occasion. We (about 1/3 of the passengers) danced in every square inch of the pool deck and the deck above.

There's no telling what your cruise will be demographically and on port intensive cruises you will see much less participation as the days go by.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived