Kids in a different room - question about checkin

E&B

I was just reading a review on another site about parents traveling with a daughter and her friend. The daughter and her friend were booked in either an adjacent room or one accross the hall (I forget which). She said she was not able to do on-line check-in for the girls because they were minors booked in a separate room. We're traveling with our kids in a room accross the hall and was wondering if this was the case. Will I be able to check them in online? I've been reading threads here for months and I've never seen this issue, so I'm wondering how accurate it is.

Have you tried? You can do online check in at any time once you have your reservation. My daughter has been booked across the hall as a minor a few times and I had no problems doing online checkin. Now that she is 18 I would have to go into her online account to check her in. Shouldn't be an issue.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I was just reading a review on another site about parents traveling with a daughter and her friend. The daughter and her friend were booked in either an adjacent room or one accross the hall (I forget which). She said she was not able to do on-line check-in for the girls because they were minors booked in a separate room. We're traveling with our kids in a room accross the hall and was wondering if this was the case. Will I be able to check them in online? I've been reading threads here for months and I've never seen this issue, so I'm wondering how accurate it is.

To be sure, maybe call the cruise line and ask them?

On our last cruise (just a few weeks ago) we had our 16 & 21 year olds across the hall. As long as you link your reservations you can check in anyone under 18. Our check in consisted of DH, myself and the 16 year old. The 21 year old needed her own set sail.

Make sure your reservations are linked and you should be fine.

Our teens are always booked into their own room, either next door or across the hall. We link the reservations, and then I can do online check in for them by typing in their name and reservation #. It's not a problem.

(My kids are both over 18 now, and I still check them in that way. I've also checked in my elderly mother, who stayed in her own cabin, using the same method)

Thanks all. I haven't tried it yet - was just wondering. Actually, the review I read had the couple brining a friend of the daughter. I'm wondering if this was the reason they couldn't do online checkin. She mentioned it had to be completed at a special desk at the port - maybe flagged because they were traveling with a child who wasn't theirs? We all have the same last name and the reservations are linked, so I think I'm ok.

You can do the online check-in. You just have to make sure that you check in completely first. Then you'll need to link your credit card to your daughter's reservation (you should already have linked reservations - the last four digits of your daughter's reservation number should appear on your account under "linked reservations." If not, call Royal Caribbean and have them link your reservations). To do this, you click "pay for someone in another cabin" and enter your daughter's reservation number. Then, you should be able to go onto your daughter's account and check her in.

When you check in at the desk, you'll also need to check into your room before you can have your daughters check into their room (the RCI rep should automatically do this for you).

I Literally just booked a cruise a couple of hours ago with my daughters across the hall, I went to do the online check in and its not working for any of us. So I dont know if its to close to when I booked or if their system is just down. The cruise is in January.

And by the way, woohoo we booked!!

I Literally just booked a cruise a couple of hours ago with my daughters across the hall, I went to do the online check in and its not working for any of us. So I dont know if its to close to when I booked or if their system is just down. The cruise is in January.

And by the way, woohoo we booked!!

Can one check in that early? For a cruise that's 6 months away?

You can begin filling out you information once it shows a Reserv #. or check under my cruises. We aren't sailing until March 2014 and I have already begun filling in the information for DH & I and the daughter. If a family member or friend is sailing with you & has a differant booking number, and you wish to fill out their Set Sail Pass, instead of logging in, go to Before You Board at the top of the page, Select Online checkin, put in their last name and Reserv # and it will take you to their Reserv and you can fill out their Set Sail pass. I did that for our daughter who initially had a D-1 connecting before we moved her into our JS.

Archived