Colored Dots???

Csnorrco

No--I know about Tender Tickets...just heard that some ships use "colored dots" (like garage sale stickers) to indicate Tender Order....just wondering if anyone else had heard of this. ( I did hear of this over a year ago---so maybe this is old news).

Okay---I just read that some ships use colored dots to stick on your shirt indicating in what order you are to get off the ship in port. Is this true on the Legend?

Only time we ever had a color dot placed on us was after we got off the ship when we met with our carnival excursion rep and the only reason the rep did that was to keep the two groups separated.

I’m not sure if that helps?!?

Okay---I just read that some ships use colored dots to stick on your shirt indicating in what order you are to get off the ship in port. Is this true on the Legend?

Yes and no. they are not really colored dots. Carnival uses colored circles with numbers to indicate that you are on certain shore excursions, especially when you tender. They are your ticket to get on the tender, and will get you ahead of people without the appropriate sticker.

We were once issued the colored "garage sale" dots instead of the branded Carnival stickers. The staff members were putting numbers on them like the branded stickers. They told someone who asked that they had run out of the other stickers and were still waiting on stock to arrive to replace them, so this what what they had come up with to work in the mean time.

We were once issued the colored "garage sale" dots instead of the branded Carnival stickers. The staff members were putting numbers on them like the branded stickers. They told someone who asked that they had run out of the other stickers and were still waiting on stock to arrive to replace them, so this what what they had come up with to work in the mean time.

:confused: Were these colored dots for the Tenders or to answer the OPs original question of disembarking the ship?

:confused: Were these colored dots for the Tenders or to answer the OPs original question of disembarking the ship?

They were for tenders, which I think might be what the OP is referring to. I've never seen any organized way of debarking in a port where the ship is docked at a pier.

We were given colored garage sale type dots for priority tendering in Cabo for our excursion while cruising on the Elation. We saw other guests not on excursions who knew the program and brought their own colored stickers and got right onto the tenders with everybody else and then just kept walking past the guides when we got to the dock. This was either 2007 or 2009 or possibly both. But last year on the Splendor we had a Cabo excursion the 1st day when everybody is anxious to get off the ship and there were no colored dots.

We received "garage sale stickers" while waiting in the Encore Theater on the Dream in Belize.

The stickers were different colors and had different numbers on them.

They'd call the color/number and you'd line up for them to take you to the tender boat.

Nothing for debarking, ever.

We were issued colored dot stickers during debarkation on the Fascination last year. We were in a suite so we had priority deparkation. We all met in one of the lounges and they gave us the colored dots for everyone in our party in there. Then when it was time they walked us off the ship.

We have had stickers but I can't remember that they were colored dots. I know they had numbers on them indicating which tender we would be on. I think it was on Carnival for tendering in Belize.

I am really not sure though as we cruise on other lines too and some things just run together.

Archived