Dangerous site

readytogo2

The past few days when I log on to Cruise Critic, my McAfee program warns me that I am at risk for going on this site, but of course I visit it anyway:p Does this happen with anyone else?

Please read LauraS's Sticky at the top of the Boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=171&a=295

CC is safe:)

Joanie

Thanks a lot...I hate to admit, I don't read the stickys like I did when I first joined CC

:oI am as guilty as you:o I had not read the sticky about it until someone asked the same question on the board yesterday............ And that is even after receiving an email on Friday from another CC member asking me why her updated Anti Virus had picked CC up as containing MalWare........ I told her my steps for fixing it and then she emailed me yesterday morning and said she'd not had to do tthe steps as all was now well. Then yesterday I read a thread mentioning it and voila....

Joanie

Maybe you need a better virus scanning program. ;)

Well...the funny thing is my old computer and laptop have outdated virus programs but it is the brand new netbook that has the most recent that detected it:confused:

To OP: Glad you posted this --- I also had computer issues last week --- a new member of our Roll Call contacted me about it --- my friends got some "forwards" from me that I never sent --- even though my virus protection was working. Did a cleansing twice and hopefully, all is well. Not really sure where it came from ????

Well...the funny thing is my old computer and laptop have outdated virus programs but it is the brand new netbook that has the most recent that detected it:confused:

I have a fairly new laptop and a up to date McAfee program. When I start having some problems with my computer I had a computer guy come in and he found I had 47 viruses, so how good was McAfee?

I have a fairly new laptop and a up to date McAfee program. When I start having some problems with my computer I had a computer guy come in and he found I had 47 viruses, so how good was McAfee?

I had the same thing with my desktop computer with Norton a couple years ago.....they all charge big bucks but how trustworthy are any of them.

:) A few days ago AVAST would not even let me access the HAL Roll calls A message kept coming us saying that a threat had been detected. Thia was on my relatively new laptop. I went to my wifes brand new laptop and had no problem.

:) A few days ago AVAST would not even let me access the HAL Roll calls A message kept coming us saying that a threat had been detected. Thia was on my relatively new laptop. I went to my wifes brand new laptop and had no problem.

LOL - I don't think the age of the laptop is significant. Are they running the same operating system and virus/malware protection?

The answer is - no. So, there it is.

And the board is so much easier to read without signatures, countdown clocks, lists of the last 500 cruises some posters have taken, glitter, images, etc. etc. And I have no doubt safer, too. :)

Once I got to know this website and saw all the countdown clocks, sigs etc. The first thing I did was look for a way to turn off as much stuff as I could. Some people like all that glitter stuff. I'm more interested in reading and possibly learning something.

To me both McAfee and Norton have to much bloat. As an Anti-virus I use MSE. It hasn't caught any funny stuff YET.

I use Firefox as a browser. One of the add-ons I use is called NoScript. It is not an anti-virus but will disable scripts on a website. The major one being JavaScript. If I'm at a webite and need to enable JS or another kind of script I just temporarily enable it.

Archived