Solarium Bistro

Anyone tried Solarium Bistro?

Would like to hear from people who have been to this Specialty Restaurant on Oasis....the sample menu I saw looked great but I've not read much about that venue at all.....thanks:)

My husband and I ate there in Feb '11. He loved it, I liked it. We both enjoyed the atmosphere (romantic, serene, running water, candles), service was good, but the food was a bit too...healthy for me. LOL

My husband and I ate there in Feb '11. He loved it, I liked it. We both enjoyed the atmosphere (romantic, serene, running water, candles), service was good, but the food was a bit too...healthy for me. LOL

It sounds sort of like Blu on the "S" class Celebrity ships. We really enjoyed Blu, I suspect we'll try it!!!:D

We just got off the Oasis. I think the Solarium is underrated. Not many people seem to talk about it. We ate there on the first night of our cruise. Our family, including 2 teenage daughters, enjoyed our meals. DW had a very tasty salmon and I had the chicken. The desserts did lack some flavor. Unfortunately, you can tell when a dessert is missing sugar or fat.

We liked the atmosphere. It was a bit like eating on a patio even if you're inside. There is a shallow pool around the restaurant that looks a bit like a river.

There were only about 10 people in the place while we were there. You certainly wouldn't need reservations. The waiter said that they tend to be very quiet on day 1 and 2 of a cruise. People aren't really looking for healthy food until they've eaten really heavily for a couple of days. That's why they were offering 50% off the cover charge on those days.

We just got off the Oasis. I think the Solarium is underrated. Not many people seem to talk about it. We ate there on the first night of our cruise. Our family, including 2 teenage daughters, enjoyed our meals. DW had a very tasty salmon and I had the chicken. The desserts did lack some flavor. Unfortunately, you can tell when a dessert is missing sugar or fat.

We liked the atmosphere. It was a bit like eating on a patio even if you're inside. There is a shallow pool around the restaurant that looks a bit like a river.

There were only about 10 people in the place while we were there. You certainly wouldn't need reservations. The waiter said that they tend to be very quiet on day 1 and 2 of a cruise. People aren't really looking for healthy food until they've eaten really heavily for a couple of days. That's why they were offering 50% off the cover charge on those days.

This sounds great to me.....don't much care about gooey rich desserts...a scoop of ice cream is enough for me after a great dinner....I'm definitely booking this venue...:)

As of last week they are no longer offering the 50% off deal. I tried and got denied.

Our dinner in the Solarium was tied for the best meal we had all week! It was definitely the most romantic place we had dinner. We didn't even have reservations. Hubby called at 4pm for a reservation and they told him for us to come whenever we were ready---they had plenty of tables. We went a little before sunset and by the time we left, it was dark and all the beautiful purple & blue lights came on. Very romantic!!

I had chicken and DH had fish. Absolutely delicious!!! We plan to eat there again on Allure next April for our anniversary!

I highly recommend the Solarium for dinner!

Our dinner in the Solarium was tied for the best meal we had all week! It was definitely the most romantic place we had dinner. We didn't even have reservations. Hubby called at 4pm for a reservation and they told him for us to come whenever we were ready---they had plenty of tables. We went a little before sunset and by the time we left, it was dark and all the beautiful purple & blue lights came on. Very romantic!!

I had chicken and DH had fish. Absolutely delicious!!! We plan to eat there again on Allure next April for our anniversary!

I highly recommend the Solarium for dinner!

I could be wrong but the Solarium Bistro on Allure is converted to Samba Grill at night.

This sounds great to me.....don't much care about gooey rich desserts...a scoop of ice cream is enough for me after a great dinner....I'm definitely booking this venue...:)

I doubt if you could get a scoop of ice cream in the Solarium.

I could be wrong but the Solarium Bistro on Allure is converted to Samba Grill at night.

I don't think you're right....based on other responses here...hope you're not....unless it is the same menu...

The first statement is correct, the Solarium Bistro becomes Samba Grill in the evening on Allure. On Oasis, the venue stays the Solarium Bistro. These are extra cost venues in the evenings.

We enjoyed it for 2 days at Breakfast, find lots of good stuff to eat, however, I will say whomever prepared the Turkey Bacon should be thrown overboard. Maybe the person who invented turkey bacon should go right after them, but perhaps all turkey bacon isn't this bad? It was the single worst thing I have ever eaten on board an RC ship.

Why? There are plenty of healthy alternatives all over the ship. You have something against Meatatarians and half naked dancing girls?

With that description, something tells me that any chance jennmaybe would try Samba just got blown right out the port hole. :D

, I will say whomever prepared the Turkey Bacon should be thrown overboard. Maybe the person who invented turkey bacon should go right after them, but perhaps all turkey bacon isn't this bad? It was the single worst thing I have ever eaten on board an RC ship.

Spot on!

The so-called turkey bacon was the worst thing about our breakfast.

Loved the mushrooms and grilled squash though!

With that description, something tells me that any chance jennmaybe would try Samba just got blown right out the port hole. :D

Yep! However, it seems my hubby may enjoy it!:D:) Now, give me some half-naked men and we're in business!!:D

Loved it for dinner while on the Oasis for the first so much that we went back a second night. However, didn't care for it for breakfast or lunch. Go figure. :D

It sounds more and more like Blu on Celebrity ships, which is great since we loved Blu.... I suspect we wil be there more than once tooo....

Are they open for lunch on embarkation day?

We enjoyed it for 2 days at Breakfast, find lots of good stuff to eat, however, I will say whomever prepared the Turkey Bacon should be thrown overboard. Maybe the person who invented turkey bacon should go right after them, but perhaps all turkey bacon isn't this bad? It was the single worst thing I have ever eaten on board an RC ship.

Spot on!

The so-called turkey bacon was the worst thing about our breakfast.

Loved the mushrooms and grilled squash though!

Another vote for the nastiest tasting turkey bacon ever. I've had others and they were never that bad. They weren't that good either but theirs was awful.

Archived