variety voyager - new ship

petenmarion

Do you know what cruise line this ship sail for? If so, look for the line in the Cruise Lines area towards the top of the Boards menu.

I think Keith was confusing the Variety Voyager with the Voyager of the Seas which is an RCI ship, but it was launched before this year.

Yes, the ship IS Variety Voyager at that website. I can find info about the ship and itinerary itself but was really hoping to find an actual review from someone who has been on it in the past month or two... but it's probably a bit too soon. I have actually booked it but am having trouble now contacting them for documents. I might be their first reviewer - had extremely high hopes for a dynamite review and booking the whole yacht next year. We'll see, I guess.

• 2 months later...

:)

I'm finding it difficult to find any one who has been on this ship since it launched Feb 2012. Has anyone out there had any expreience at all on the ship or booking? Any comments appreciated.

There is a review here www.cruises.about.com scroll down and you will pick up the review.

If you want to enjoy the celebrity lifestyle for 8 days recommended. On "you tube" under variety cruises is an 8 minute promotional video from about 2009 before Variety Voyager was conceived. That promo video does give a true flavour of V V.

This is an older thread but since it has been revived

There is a couple of reviews on sister ships

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/cruiseline.cfm?CruiseLineID=124

You could also post under OTHER cruise lines

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218

Do a search using that feature (top right on the forum)

MylesBetter,

Thank you ever so much for this review... we are set to do the Sicily/Malta on Sep 15 and simply cannot wait. We had been on the Galileo several years ago and had a similar experience... can I assume that you are perhaps the author of the review or have been on the vessel yourself?

We are doing a Celebrity cruise prior to this one- for 11 nights- but jumping ship a day early in Naples and touring that area for a day or two before getting onboard. It was just too far to go from CA for only one week on Variety Voyager.

If you have been onboard, did you have an assigned cabin prior to embarking? Or was it run of the ship? Type of cabin? Pleased?

My laptop did a complete 'melt-down' a couple of days ago and I've just gotten back to where I can take it with me for this vacation.

If you have a spare moment and would like to share any additional tidbits via personal e-mail... please do so at mried@gte.net

Thank you again, ever so much,

Marion

We were in C grade cabin which did the trick. The food is awesome and the crew friendly. Some people were assigend on arrival and had B grade cabins. C grade is better if you do not want a good sea view. This is because they are on the lower deck whereas the others are on corridors used by other passengers.

This type of yacht cruising is what you make of it.

The organised excursions are a bit pricey especially paying for two. This cost on the Romantic Rivieria cruise €710 for two people, if you did all the excursions. Gratuities are extra and the recommended rate per passenger is $105 to $130 "per passenger per week". the cabin steward places an envelope in your cabin at the end of the week.

If you have been on Galileo then you will be familiar with the Variety Cruises business model.

I am not the author of the item on cruises.about.com but her ships log review of all the ports and her time on board certainly reflects my week on Variety Voyager.

The cabin walls are a bit thin but as always weight is a factor.

The DJ played mostly uptodate music which for older passengers did not go down well. A lot went to bed so the bar lost possible drink sales after dinner.

The Captain also dines with the guests and does not have a Captains table. This is certainly different from larger cruise ships.

Enjoy Italy & Malta

Variety Voyager Bar Prices.pdf

Variety Voyager Jade Spa Brochure and Prices.pdf

Variety Voyager Laundry Prices Aug-12.pdf

I knew I had them.

Before choosing my cruise I asked for on board prices. Also the excursion prices for the Italy, Malta cruise which was initially my first choice.

Also the press advert for a two week Variety Voyager cruise of the Black Sea in 2013.

Noble-Caledonia looks as though they have chartered the yacht for cruises in 2013 for Croatia & Greece. Visit their web site and look under ships where you will find Variety Voyager at the bottom.

01 The Treasures of South Italy Malta Visit Prices.pdf

Variety Voyager Circumnavigation of the Black Sea.pdf

We were in C grade cabin which did the trick. The food is awesome and the crew friendly. Some people were assigend on arrival and had B grade cabins. C grade is better if you do not want a good sea view. This is because they are on the lower deck whereas the others are on corridors used by other passengers.

This type of yacht cruising is what you make of it.

The organised excursions are a bit pricey especially paying for two. This cost on the Romantic Rivieria cruise €710 for two people, if you did all the excursions. Gratuities are extra and the recommended rate per passenger is $105 to $130 "per passenger per week". the cabin steward places an envelope in your cabin at the end of the week.

If you have been on Galileo then you will be familiar with the Variety Cruises business model.

I am not the author of the item on cruises.about.com but her ships log review of all the ports and her time on board certainly reflects my week on Variety Voyager.

The cabin walls are a bit thin but as always weight is a factor.

The DJ played mostly uptodate music which for older passengers did not go down well. A lot went to bed so the bar lost possible drink sales after dinner.

The Captain also dines with the guests and does not have a Captains table. This is certainly different from larger cruise ships.

Enjoy Italy & Malta

That is different!!

Hi, my 3 friends and I are booked on the same trip for Sept 22 - 29. I too have tried unsuccessfully to find any information or reviews about the cruise, so I was happy to finally find this - some help anyway. We think the shore excursions are expensive and wonder if there are alternatives to what the ship offers. Would love to have a post from you while you are Voyaging! We arrive in Italy Sept 19 and will have several days in Sorrento before the cruise.

Hi Dollybug

My advice is to do some forward planning of the ports Variety Voyager will visit on your cruise.

Most of the excursions did involve taking a bus away from the local port to visit other areas and lasted half a day allowing guests to return to the yacht for lunch and a siesta. Then late afternoon go into the local town to look around.

Some guests just went to the local beach. The main problem is if the yacht is at anchor rather than being along side. They operate a tender shuttle service to a timetable and you will need to know the times. After the Concordia incident the Italian authorities are sticking to the rule, book like glue, giving your captain little room for manouvre. This also included banning all swimming from ships at anchor.

My advice is treat Variety Voyager like your own private yacht and live it up!

Archived