Champagne breakfast on balcony

pmjnh

Yes. I was considering the Chef's Table, but this seems more enticing to me.

The UBD & Champagne Breakfast are quiet meals on your balcony & the CT is more gourmet with a lot of champagne & wine to enjoy which includes a tour of the galley. The CT is also nearly double the cost at $190 per couple vs. $100 for the UBD.

I've enjoyed our CTs & UBDs and both are great for different reasons...maybe a Champagne Breakfast, UBD & CT would be a great trio of dining options on your cruise? :D

The UBD & Champagne Breakfast are quiet meals on your balcony & the CT is more gourmet with a lot of champagne & wine to enjoy which includes a tour of the galley. The CT is also nearly double the cost at $190 per couple vs. $100 for the UBD.

I've enjoyed our CTs & UBDs and both are great for different reasons...maybe a Champagne Breakfast, UBD & CT would be a great trio of dining options on your cruise? :D

Well, maybe, we do have 14 days... Course the CT has limited seating, so there's the chance we wouldn't be able to get into that. I do definitely want to do both Balcony events, though.

Well, maybe, we do have 14 days... Course the CT has limited seating, so there's the chance we wouldn't be able to get into that. I do definitely want to do both Balcony events, though.

Are you on a 14 day Canal cruise from LA to FL which we did in reverse last April? If you get to the pier in SP & board early there's a good chance to get the CT. That's how we've done it in various ports including SP & it's worked each time by boarding early & calling the DINE line. Your drive from PDR is less than half of our drive & hope it works if you decide to enjoy the CT. :)

Are you on a 14 day Canal cruise from LA to FL which we did in reverse last April? If you get to the pier in SP & board early there's a good chance to get the CT. That's how we've done it in various ports including SP & it's worked each time by boarding early & calling the DINE line. Your drive from PDR is less than half of our drive & hope it works if you decide to enjoy the CT. :)

We are doing a 14 day Canal cruise, but from FLL to LA. It's our first time to board in FLL, so have no idea what we're for there. Our hotel is close to the port, and we'll be taking a cab, so hope to get there early. Maybe we'll let the fates decide for us - call and sign up and if we get in we're in, else not. ;-) Thanks for all the information.

We are doing a 14 day Canal cruise, but from FLL to LA. It's our first time to board in FLL, so have no idea what we're for there. Our hotel is close to the port, and we'll be taking a cab, so hope to get there early. Maybe we'll let the fates decide for us - call and sign up and if we get in we're in, else not. ;-) Thanks for all the information.

We also stayed at a hotel near the pier & walked to Total Wine to get wine to bring onboard and then took a quick cab ride to arrive early at the pier. Being one of the few ships in port on a weekday, the embarkation went very smoothly. :)

The key to making the short list for the Chef's Table seems to be to call the dine line the moment you get into your cabin on boarding day. I've done it 4 times so far, and it has always worked for me.

IMO, the CT is definitely worth the price.

The key to making the short list for the Chef's Table seems to be to call the dine line the moment you get into your cabin on boarding day. I've done it 4 times so far, and it has always worked for me.

IMO, the CT is definitely worth the price.

I will definitely give it a shot then. It does sound really good. Thanks.

We want to do the Ultimate Ship Tour, too. Gonna be a lot of "Ultimates" on this cruise. LOL

I was on a cruise in April/May and did the Champange Breakfast for my birthday and it was great. There is a lot of food for 2 people so we kept the left overs in the fridge.

chez

Is it served like in the picture? I guess I expected them to make it a little nicer than bringing in trays & saying, "Here you go." :p It appears to be the same process as getting room service any time, but you get upgraded food. If they just bring it in & drop it off, we'll still try it on our anniversary, but probably won't order it more than once. We had planned to order it a few times.

I've enjoyed our CTs & UBDs and both are great for different reasons...maybe a Champagne Breakfast, UBD & CT would be a great trio of dining options on your cruise?

This is what we're hoping to do. That is, if we make the cut for the CT. We'll board the ship ASAP & call first thing. Unfortunately, we won't have priority boarding, so that may hurt our chances. We're definitely doing the balcony meals. We also plan on going to the specialty restaurants. Yes, our cruise is going to be all about food. :D

Our TA gives us this and we love it. Would pay if she didn't. We don't like fish for breakfast and we order eggs benedict for me and an omlet for DH. It has always been good. Won't do it on our next cruise though - we have a window suite and breakfast at Sabatini's.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but how does a window suite compare to a regular suite? Where are they on the Grand? other ships as well?

Not meaning to hijack this thread but how does a window suite compare to a regular suite? Where are they on the Grand? other ships as well?

They are on the Grand on deck 6, starboard side, between the center and forward stairs/elevators.

They also exist on the Golden and the Caribbean Princess, same location.

They are just like similar sized suites which have a balcony, but without the balcony.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='shofer']We did the UBB on a cruise to the Caribbean so the weather was great for this although when you are in port, there are the flies that show up. The small table was inadequate for the trays so we had to go in/out of the room to get the next course.

We don't like lox so we asked for Eggs Benedict. It was dried out and lukewarm. The sweet rolls that come with it were stale. We ran upstairs to the buffet to get fresh ones. It was not worth the money.

Sue[/quote]

We had a similar experience. I bought it for us, my DD, my DS and my mother. A waste of money for all. First they said they couldn't do any substitutions so we got the standard. My SIL is allergic to dill - they sent dill anyway. Each of us had the small little round tables on our balconies. Therefore we had a choice. Our plates on the table and the rest of the food on the floor. Sure lots of pastries but that was about the only thing that ended up edible and like said above, not very fresh. None of us liked fish for breakfast so the lox and crab quiche was wasted. Writing in for different eggs got us nowhere.

I could have lived with the experience except for one thing. The lack of where to put the food/plates. It didn't feel special. It felt like I was sitting in a lawn chair at a picnic juggling where to put my glass so I could hold my plate and have a drink and oops dropped by fork, ...... We had food on the deck, inside and on a chair but there was no room except for our plates on the unclothed table. Same experience for all of us. Assuming I could write in for the food I wanted I would still never do this again.

Archived