from where in nyc does HAL leave from?

SMSACE6

Im new to HAL, but looking forward to change, and am looking at a deal on the Veendam to Bermuda. Im just wondering whereabouts HAL ships leave from New York. It will make a difference to me which airport I fly into, as well as hotel nearby for the day before cruise, thanks for any info you seasoned HAL cruisers can provide.:)

Im new to HAL, but looking forward to change, and am looking at a deal on the Veendam to Bermuda. Im just wondering whereabouts HAL ships leave from New York. It will make a difference to me which airport I fly into, as well as hotel nearby for the day before cruise, thanks for any info you seasoned HAL cruisers can provide.:)

You also have answers on the East Coast Departures board.

JFK is not an option. The choices are LGA or Newark. There was a thread on these board last week that discussed this issue, which you may find somewhere below.

JFK is an option! It may not be the closest to the piers but depending one where one is flying from you could have a non-stop flight to JFK but not for LGA or Newark, making it a better option for some.

thanks to all for the speedy responses. I think I have a good idea now, just need to figure out which hotel/hotels nearby, but will check this out on the eastern departure board, thanks again to all.:)

JFK is an option! It may not be the closest to the piers but depending one where one is flying from you could have a non-stop flight to JFK but not for LGA or Newark, making it a better option for some.

I agree. We're sailing out of New York on the Eurodam and we're flying into JFK. It was better timing, cheaper, and we were able to book a shuttle to get to our hotel.

Granted, we're spending two nights in NYC and staying near Times Square so "your mileage may vary" ;)

LGA is much closer, but if you take a taxi there is a really good rate from jfk to manhatten it was under 50 dollars, I am sure you can google the rate

LGA is much closer, but if you take a taxi there is a really good rate from jfk to manhatten it was under 50 dollars, I am sure you can google the rate

Yes it is flat rate from JFK to Midtown of $45.

JFK is not an option. The choices are LGA or Newark. There was a thread on these board last week that discussed this issue' date=' which you may find somewhere below.[/quote']

Wrong. JFK is an option. I missed last weeks thread but if anyone said JFK is not an option they were incorrect. There are a bunch of ways to get to the pier from there. Taxi, Limousine, Airtrain/ Long Island Railroad and even the subway although I don't recommend the subway. I have done the Airtrain/Long Island and it worked out well.

Thanks for the info! do you happen to know if LGA or JFK are closer? or about the same?:)

JFK is not an option. The choices are LGA or Newark. There was a thread on these board last week that discussed this issue, which you may find somewhere below.

That's not true, JFK is an option..Agree JFK is farther away than LGA But it's about the same from EWR..

JFK is 17.3 miles from midtown; EWR is 17.1 miles from midtown & LGA is 7.8 miles from midtown..

As a former New Yorker I've done both, LGA & JFK but for our Bermuda cruise we flew into & out of JFK since we were visiting DH's family in NYC..Also the fares & flight schedules into & out of JFK were better than LGA fares ..Our Nephew drove us to the pier & on the return we took HAL's Limo back to JFK..No problem... Just so you know that was two years ago

I tink youse know what I'm tawkin aboud....Hope youse have a nice time in Bermuda, I herd it gawjus! :D

Ow my gawd, youse all are gettin nuty:D:D

Betty

I have to agree with Betty, JFK is an option and a good one, although LGA maybe closer mileage wise, it's always so congested.

Betty, what's wrong, ya tink I tawk funny? LOL

Youse all tawk aighht ta me, and 'em fist pumpin' right now. :cool:

I don't like LGA for that same reason. That area is always so congested you are almost guaranteed to hit traffic at some point, doesn't matter that it's closer miles-wise, and traffic can take you an hour or more depending on the time of day, or if there is an accident. I think anyone would have much better luck at JKF or even Newark. Newark, being outside of NYC, is a quick ride in to the pier via the Lincoln Tunnel without all the Manhattan traffic.

Bein' from Joisey an' all, (insert gum crack here) I like Ne-wak betta. Just sayin'

Newark, being outside of NYC, is a quick ride in to the pier via the Lincoln Tunnel without all the Manhattan traffic.

Bein' from Joisey an' all, (insert gum crack here) I like Ne-wak betta. Just sayin'

B&T people! Coming from Noo-wak is OK till its bumper-to-bumper traffic at da tunnels. ;)

I don't like LGA for that same reason. That area is always so congested you are almost guaranteed to hit traffic at some point, doesn't matter that it's closer miles-wise, and traffic can take you an hour or more depending on the time of day, or if there is an accident. I think anyone would have much better luck at JKF or even Newark. Newark, being outside of NYC, is a quick ride in to the pier via the Lincoln Tunnel without all the Manhattan traffic.

I was pleasantly surprised when I used JFK. I had the least congested security, boarding and debarking, baggage drop off and pick up, that I have had at an airport in years. Getting to and from the airport was good too.

I advise booking the best flights for the trip taking in consideration schedule and price, and factoring in which of the three airports as a lessor factor.

Archived