What's the best price you've found?

tacomaguy20

• 8 months later...

Because I gamble (and not as much as one would think), my husband and I cruise for free. Although I do have to pay port taxes. I only cruise balcony or higher rated cabin, I read about a book a day on a cruise so a balcony is a must!

One bit of advice, if at check out a "promo code" is listed take the time to google for one. You never know what specials might be offered.

My upcoming Jewel Cruise in September after my C & A discount is $685 for an inside. That's under $100 a day so I'm very happy. I still keep my eyes open for a price drop, but now the same category is going for about $1,200

Because I gamble (and not as much as one would think), my husband and I cruise for free. Although I do have to pay port taxes. I only cruise balcony or higher rated cabin, I read about a book a day on a cruise so a balcony is a must!

One bit of advice, if at check out a "promo code" is listed take the time to google for one. You never know what specials might be offered.

If you cruise for free? You are what is called a "BLUE CHIPPER"......

congrats;)

Great deals I'm reading about here. Three years ago I cruised out of NY roundtrip on one of the big Carnival ships to Canada for 7 nights in mid September. I paid $700 including port charges and taxes. My cabin was located at the front of and at the bottom of the ship--I felt lots of motion from the ocean on this trip.

Lately I've been seeing good pricing for the pacific coastal cruises. Anytime I can cruise for under $800 for a week I figure I got a pretty good deal. Faith

• 2 months later...

One of my solo cruises on the Explorer next year is $1,216 for a balcony, which is good to me. I'm hoping I can get that price to drop under $1,000 before it comes around but I'm pleased with the pricing right now.

I always am on the lookout for great deals. Last year we got the Adventure of the Seas TA from Malaga to San Juan in a promenade cabin for $ 449 plus

$ 210 taxes. A fantastic buy for a 16 day cruise. The ports last year included, Lisbon, Maderia, and 3 Canary Islands in addition to St Thomas and St Martin. We had no FCC's so when we booked in May 2011, our deposit was 4 450 /pp. Real easy to make final payment. We spent a week in Madrid and another in Malaga beforehand to justify the 1 way air. Used FF miles to fly from San Juan to Toronto

Just last week I saw a Norwegan Fiord 10 day cruise and a Baltic cruise on a RCL ship each selling for less than $ 500 plus taxes for an inside cabin. However the airfare from Toronto was way to steep for us to take advantage of them.

Archived