What's the best price you've found?

tacomaguy20

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to ask what is the best price that you've been able to find for a single cruise. Please include how many days it was and where to.

Although I didn't go (as I had another cruise coming 2 months later,)

last year I found the NCL Gem a few weeks before from NYC to Bermuda in october for $349+ the ~$200 in port fees.

My best price was my first solo cruise a year ago Feb. $867 for 12 days in a deck 10 inside cabin on the Explorer incl tax and ins. Bayonne to the Caribbean. There was no single supplement and I believe it was a senior rate.

Getting prices is deceptive. There are lots of deals out there but do you actually want to go on that cruise and what's the cost of getting there and back? Other factors for me besides the dreaded single supplement are the senior rate, residency, diamond status, stockholder benefit, RCL Visa OBC, and next cruise certificate. By using all these factors I've done well on the EX, which usually has a SS of 170-175%, but often drops to 150%. I'm doing 7 days to Bermuda in Sep on the EX for a base price of $585+ tax and ins. which was a senior and low SS deal. In Feb I have a 7 day Bahamas cruise on the EX in an aft balcony for $639 + tax & ins that is a senior, low SS, next cruise, and balcony discount deal.

At the other extreme I am paying the going rate for a TA next year on the Brilliance from Harwich to Boston. The only deal is that the SS is 175 and I've gotten a 10% OBC from an agent. This cruise goes to some interesting ports I would never get to for the $$$. FF miles will cover the trip over and it returns to my home port.

Last October 11 night Holy Land cruise r/t Istanbul on RCCL Vision of the Seas was $850. for an ocean view cabin. I got my friend a deal as a single on RCCL Liberty of the Seas 14 night t/a last April for around $750. for an inside. I was already booked and paid for when this deal became available.

7 Day Holland American Alaska Glacier Discovery (includes Glacier Bay cruising) July $698+104 taxes inside room

7 Day Costa Western Mediterranean Dec $615+64 taxes inside room

14 Royal Caribbean International Feb. Tahati Bora Bora Morrea $1100+ taxes inside room

I can't remember the best price ever I paid~after sailing solo for 9 years,

as long as I am within my pricepoint? It is all good:)

Just remember that years back when the Carnival Freedom was new I got a single ocean view upgrade in November for about $545. for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. But that was years ago and I thought we'd only be mentioning recent bookings (about a year or so ago).

Best deal recently? A window suite on the Caribbean Princess 7 day Nov. 10th sailing. Zero single supplement- $1501 all in with a $50 obc. Plus, I'll receive three cruise credits- two for booking solo, and an extra credit for booking a suite. Works for me!

Tony

NCL Epic Western Mediterranean cruise in a Studio cabin departing on June 10th 2011 was $899 plus taxes and port fees totaling $1,002.62. I booked during a one day sale and received a $100 OBC so the net cost was $902.62.

I enjoyed the cruise so much; I decided to do it again this year. The itinerary changed between 2011 and 2012 by removing one day at sea and the stop in Palma Spain in exchange for two new ports in Cannes and Marseille France.

I booked a Studio again with a singles group departing May 27 2012 for $1,181.40 or $278.78 more than last year, but the extra cost was well worth it. About three weeks before the cruise departed, I was able to pay an additional $189.92 to move to a balcony B6 cabin.

P.S. My understanding is NCL doesn't usually upgrade single guests in Studios to balconies for free. Some people in the singles group booked balconies for themselves which cost over $2,300. I saved over $1,000 by waiting for the prices to drop a couple weeks before sailing.

I recently booked a 7-day Royal Caribbean Fjords of Norway cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas, leaving August 11.

When I called to book, even the agent was surprised at the price: $399pp for a Category K Inside Cabin, with a reduced Single Supplement. My total was $511 plus taxes! Even got an assigned cabin mid-ship on Deck 8 !

I could barely believe it!

My best deal so far is 6 nights on Carnival Freedom for $ 478 before taxes. I'm paying almost that for 3 day cruise prior to the 6 day.

3 day $ 358 plus taxes

6 day $ 478 plus taxes

Very last minute, three days ago I booked a 3 day $ 352 for sailing next Friday 7/20. Not to bad a deals, but certainly makes the 6 day pricing look even better. Oh yeah, going solo too. :-)

Providing all goes as planned that'll be 3 solo cruises this year. Lets see if I can pull of others not joining me the next two after next weeks very last minute booking. :-)

I recently booked a 7-day Royal Caribbean Fjords of Norway cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas, leaving August 11.

What a great deal. :eek: I would have booked it as well if there were any more cabins available at that price. I wish there was a website listing cruises offering little or no single supplements.

I paid just port taxes and government fees for an accessible balcony cabin on Celebrity Summit for 7 days to Bermuda.

Hi Darcie, so you got a free cruise?:D:);)...basically?...SWEET!

Booked back in April 7 day Summit for april 2013 out of SJ. Through our TA we booked an inside cabin at $469 PP, after insurance & fees ans taxes we are just under $1000 for the DW & I

Love that ship:):D

I am sailing her in November. I am happy with my price as a solo~

got one of the new window cabins on deck 3....with taxes/port charges

came to 1243.00.

• 3 weeks later...

Plus $250 Singles Supplement for solo cabin, $150 On Board Credit too !From discount cruise agency. Insides available up to cat.9 at $499.from agency and air specials too. Southampton-Miami.Best singles Transatlantic pricing I have ever seen.

Archived