Cruise booked, now airfare-Yikes!

whitshel

I've solved my air problems. Got a SouthWest credit card and in a few weeks will get 50K points. That will get me two tickets for our Jan 7th Indy cruise....FREE. Hope to book by Sept.

My son and his family have been using South West for years. I'm just coming around to them. I just hate the drive from Buffalo to Rochester where my daughter lives. But the grand-kids don't seem to mind the drive so Gram can fly nonstop. You can't beat the 2 bags, no charge for changing tic.... especially on a cruise when anything can mess up.

marge

whitshel

I've solved my air problems. Got a SouthWest credit card and in a few weeks will get 50K points. That will get me two tickets for our Jan 7th Indy cruise....FREE. Hope to book by Sept.

My son and his family have been using South West for years. I'm just coming around to them. I just hate the drive from Buffalo to Rochester where my daughter lives. But the grand-kids don't seem to mind the drive so Gram can fly nonstop. You can't beat the 2 bags, no charge for changing tic.... especially on a cruise when anything can mess up.

marge

Is there an annual fee on the Southwest credit card?

Bob

I also have the southwest cc, there is a yearly fee but they give you points on your anniversary so its pretty much a wash to me. I love that I got it, I got many more than the 2 free flights for the 50k points I got when I signed up.

I agree. And I hate to pay fees.

Also having trouble with airfares from Newark to Ft Lauderdale (Jan 2013) for our Independence of the Seas cruise. We are flying down the day before the cruise and prices are reasonable ($310 on Continental/United) but holy moly coming back it is upwards of $600!!! That's nuts. I looked at flying into Miami but very expensive and horrible times. The next thing I looked at was West Palm Beach which was better. But no transportation from the ship. We usually only fly Continental/United because of the perks we get (Presidents Club, Elite status etc). But they are pricing us out of wanting to use them at all. JetBlue may be an alternative. Any ideas as to why the flights are so expensive to Newark in January 2013? It's NOT Super Bowl or anything. Wondering if there's something else going on???:confused:

Try Airfare Watch Dog Dot Com You sign up with no personal information other than a email address and you can choose otions to receive low fare alerts daily or weekly by entering where you want to fly to & from. I have received some good alerts for low Air Fares through the airlines. When you see a price that comes up that you like, you would need to be able to book it right away as these are unadvertised Air Fares and usually with just a few limited seats. I have actually tried to book before and waited 5 minutes and when tried to book the seats were gone. This works good if you have an email address tied to your smart phone as you will always be able to see the alerts when they pop up!

Link:

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

We are sailing on Oasis in June. Our airport -> FLL $450/RT. Our airport -> MCO $220. Two rental cars (one pre/one post cruise) $240. I'm still ahead $250.

I don't like waiting and hoping airfare drops. When I see RT for around $200, I'm going to grab it.

Try Airfare Watch Dog Dot Com You sign up with no personal information other than a email address and you can choose otions to receive low fare alerts daily or weekly by entering where you want to fly to & from. I have received some good alerts for low Air Fares through the airlines. When you see a price that comes up that you like, you would need to be able to book it right away as these are unadvertised Air Fares and usually with just a few limited seats. I have actually tried to book before and waited 5 minutes and when tried to book the seats were gone. This works good if you have an email address tied to your smart phone as you will always be able to see the alerts when they pop up!

Link:

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/

I have used that in the past but found that Smarter Travel was working better for me. The good things about these sites ...all are for the alerts

Just saw this......

Southwest Airlines

about an hour ago via Southwest Airlines Publisher

FAN FLASH SALE: We’ve reached three million Facebook Fans! Celebrate by using the promo code LUV2LIKE when booking on southwest.com to receive 50% off roundtrip “Wanna Get Away” fares for seven specific travel dates this fall! The offer lasts until 11:59pm (PST) TONIGHT! http://social.southwest.com/OYX

Hope someone can get to use it.

My father in law, who travels at least once a week for his field of work(therefore books a LOT of air travel!) advised us to wait until after summertime to book our airfare... He said that prices go up in the summer but will go back down come September or so. I'm hoping he's right!

Take your time, prices fluctuate everyday..ex: first class round trip connecticut to fort lauderdale was $1100, I waited a couple of weeks and then checked prices again and I got a ticket for $600 (score)....my son's friend goes coach and his ticket went from $400 to $258... If you have 5 minutes a day, check the prices everyday and you might find the price range you are looking for..fort lauderdale is generally less expensive than miami and like everyone has said, airport is a 10 minute drive...

Just saw this......

Southwest Airlines

FAN FLASH SALE: We’ve reached three million Facebook Fans! Celebrate by using the promo code LUV2LIKE when booking on southwest.com to receive 50% off roundtrip “Wanna Get Away” fares for seven specific travel dates this fall! The offer lasts until 11:59pm (PST) TONIGHT! http://social.southwest.com/OYX

Saw the same ----$111 going-----$149 going back to Newark---internett fares only------better take a look, it looks like great flights

Just saw this......

Southwest Airlines

Hope someone can get to use it.

I saw this too--I put in the flight I was looking at and it was $266 RT. Better check it out!

I saw this too--I put in the flight I was looking at and it was $266 RT. Better check it out!

I hope you did not take advantage of the sale on Southwest Airlines.

They had a huge computer glitch that resulted in people having 2, 10 and even one person said 29 duplicate flights charges to their credit cards and debit cards. For debit card users many are cleaned out.

It seems Southwest is not handling the snafu well. They say it might take 8-10 days to fix it. They say they will cover over draft fees. But, that does not buy food and gas for the next 8-10 days!:eek::eek::eek:

Archived