Stockholder "Perks"

Yes, I know this has been discussed numerous times but I don't have time to look over pages of postings at the moment.

I know you must own 100 shares at the time of sailing but need the breakdown of days = amt. of OBC"s.

Thanks, so much.

Yes, I know this has been discussed numerous times but I don't have time to look over pages of postings at the moment.

I know you must own 100 shares at the time of sailing but need the breakdown of days = amt. of OBC"s.

Thanks, so much.

I hope this pastes in ok. I"ll try to copy the addresses for where to send your info also. m--

S H A R E H O L D E R B E N E F I T

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders: NORTH AMERICA

BRANDS

CONTINENTAL

EUROPE

BRANDS

UNITED KINGDOM BRANDS

AUSTRALIA

BRANDS

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer

US $250

€ 200

£ 125

A$ 250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days+

US $100

€ 75

£ 50

A$ 100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less

US $ 50

€ 40

£ 25

A$ 50

This is the info listed for HAL:

World Cruise Reservations

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Tel 800 522 3399

Fax 206 281 0627

Email: world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

If you have electronic copies of your statementyou can forward that directly by email with a message of your booking number etc. What I prefer to do is to print out my statement, then black out account numbers, circle pertinent info, especially name, add booking number ship and departure date, then FAX it to them. Have a great cruise! m--

Carnival Corporation & plc is pleased to extend the following benefit to our shareholders: NORTH

AMERICA

BRANDS

CONTINENTAL

EUROPE

BRANDS

UNITED KINGDOM BRANDS

AUSTRALIA

BRANDS

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer

US $250

€ 200

£ 125

A$ 250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days+

US $100

€ 75

£ 50

A$ 100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less

US $ 50

€ 40

£ 25

A$ 50

You don't have to own the stock at the time of sailing, either. We booked the cruise, bought the stock, got the credit, sold the stock, and haven't sailed yet.

TwoSue, please think about what you did. If it makes you happy to work the system, so be it. But please be aware that might be considered less than admirable, and might be considered fraud under the terms of agreement for CCL stockholder credit, and your OBC could be revoked (I don't know if there are any penalties attached). -Salacia

We have RCCL stock and the requirements are that you OWN the stock at the time of sailing. What you suggest is a form of "stealing" in my opinion. I would think that Carnival would require the same. If they didn't --- I imagine others would try the same tactics.

You don't have to own the stock at the time of sailing, either. We booked the cruise, bought the stock, got the credit, sold the stock, and haven't sailed yet.

The benefit is for SHAREHOLDERS. You are no longer a shareholder, so you are no longer entitled to the benefit.:mad:

As others have mentioned, this is wrong. The right thing would be to contact HAL and cancel your OBC.

Also, as you haven't sailed yet, how do you know the OBC will be there when you get on board?

I would really hope that HAL/Carnival doesn't stop the credit because of people doing what you have done. It is such a wonderful perk for being a stock owner. I have received over $2,000 in ship board credit. My CCL stock is still underwater from what I paid, I bought high. I have three voyages scheduled/deposits that will amount to another $750 in ship board credit. Needless to say I love the credit. I hope others do not do what you did, it sounds like you are proud of yourself, I do not think what you did is ethical.

I wonder how many Susans (or have a Susan booked with them) and have claimed the "stockholder" credit are sailing on the Zaandam on July 29th? It shouldn't be too hard for HAL to determine who is no longer the stockholder and fraudulently claiming to be one. :mad: Add me to those who hope HAL removes the OBC from their account.

Golly! I guess I'm dumb. Not only would it not occur to me to "play the system" in this manner, I will be happy to hold on to this investment. Not only will we get the OBC, the stock is currently paying almost 3% dividend and that beats the heck out of bank interest.

I hope this shameful activity does not eliminate the benefit for all of us!:eek:

I would really hope that HAL/Carnival doesn't stop the credit because of people doing what you have done. It is such a wonderful perk for being a stock owner...

If not pulling the plug on the benefit, CCL and its member lines could, if they so desired, request that people claiming the benefit submit the request same as we all do now ... then once onboard validate the benefit by presenting to the Front Desk a copy of a brokerage statement no more than 30 day old. That wouldn't make me particularly happy, except for the fact that it would deprive the freeloaders of a benefit to which they are not entitled.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up! This is not a case of fraud. I discussed the sale with World Cruise Reservations and they were the ones who told me I did not need to hold the stock until I sailed. I was a stockholder. As such, I received the onboard credit. This is very similar to buying a stock before it pays a dividend and selling it afterwards. Do you consider that unethical?

Didn't mean to get you all riled up! This is not a case of fraud. I discussed the sale with World Cruise Reservations and they were the ones who told me I did not need to hold the stock until I sailed. I was a stockholder. As such, I received the onboard credit. This is very similar to buying a stock before it pays a dividend and selling it afterwards. Do you consider that unethical?

The "dividend" pays on board the ship in the form of the OBC. With stock, if you are not an owner on the day the dividend is paid, you don't get a dividend. So, no it isn't the same as your example, and yes, it is wrong.

The "dividend" pays on board the ship in the form of the OBC. With stock, if you are not an owner on the day the dividend is paid, you don't get a dividend. So, no it isn't the same as your example, and yes, it is wrong.

No, the "dividend" pays into the account of the booked sailing. I was definitely an owner when they put the credit onto my account.

If World Cruise Reservations had told me I needed to hold the stock until we sailed, I would have.

No, the "dividend" pays into the account of the booked sailing. I was definitely an owner when they put the credit onto my account.

If World Cruise Reservations had told me I needed to hold the stock until we sailed, I would have.

But your on board account isn't active until you board, and you can't spend it until you sail. So, saying a dividend will be paid onboard is not the same as actually paying the dividend. If you cancel the cruise, you don't get the OBC is some other form- it isn't yours until you board.

As others have mentioned, this is wrong. The right thing would be to contact HAL and cancel your OBC.

Also, as you haven't sailed yet, how do you know the OBC will be there when you get on board?

And someone from HAL reads this thread on CC!:eek:

It's interesting that HAL has apparently given the ok for that credit. Several people on the Carnival boards have reported being told to resubmit statements closer to their sailing dates to prove ownership at the time of the cruise (or at least right before the cruise). It may be in Carnival Corp's best interest to be consistent about that across all of their lines.

:( Shame on you! That is dishonest!

TwoSue, please think about what you did. If it makes you happy to work the system, so be it. But please be aware that might be considered less than admirable, and might be considered fraud under the terms of agreement for CCL stockholder credit, and your OBC could be revoked (I don't know if there are any penalties attached). -Salacia

Completely Agree with you!

IMO People that do this are committing Fraud, & would not consider shoplifting, purse stealing, to be fraud..!

As another Poster stated, I too hope the OP gets caught! Better yet, I hope HAL puts a name to his/her Cruise Critic sign in & demands that they produce their latest statement just prior to sailing!:rolleyes::rolleyes:It would be very easy for HAL to check all the OBC's on the July 29, Zaandam sailing & I really hope they do!

I would really hope that HAL/Carnival doesn't stop the credit because of people doing what you have done. It is such a wonderful perk for being a stock owner. I have received over $2,000 in ship board credit. My CCL stock is still underwater from what I paid, I bought high. I have three voyages scheduled/deposits that will amount to another $750 in ship board credit. Needless to say I love the credit. I hope others do not do what you did, it sounds like you are proud of yourself, I do not think what you did is ethical.

People who game the system like this, are making it difficult for those of us who would not dream of "stealing" like this.. Just like the Bernie Madoff scheme! And yes it is Fraud!

The meaning of Fraud is:

1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur. [/SIZE]

Betty

If not pulling the plug on the benefit, CCL and its member lines could, if they so desired, request that people claiming the benefit submit the request same as we all do now ... then once onboard validate the benefit by presenting to the Front Desk a copy of a brokerage statement no more than 30 day old. That wouldn't make me particularly happy, except for the fact that it would deprive the freeloaders of a benefit to which they are not entitled.

We love the benefit and use it when we travel with HAL or Princess but we only get our statement every quarter (3 month intervals). This 30 day thing may or may not work for us.

We are in Canada. Investor's Edge only sends it every quarter. Unless you bought or sold something. We are not active traders. Keep and hold.

As another Poster stated, I too hope the OP gets caught! Better yet, I hope HAL puts a name to his/her Cruise Critic sign in & demands that they produce their latest statement just prior to sailing!:rolleyes::rolleyes:It would be very easy for HAL to check all the OBC's on the July 29, Zaandam sailing & I really hope they do!

I don't understand the venom behind all of this. I have never felt so attacked before, so I just called HAL again to double-check. I even told them my booking number, so they can be sure to "catch" me if they want to. I was told that you have to be a shareholder at the time that you apply for the credit. It doesn't matter to them what you do after your onboard credit is applied. There is NOTHING in the rules that says you have to be a long-term shareholder or be a shareholder at the time of the cruise. There is NOTHING that says you have to hold the stock for a certain length of time. I had it for quite a while, but it doesn't matter whether I did or not. All the rules state is that you have to apply for the credit two weeks before sailing. You could buy the stock two weeks before the cruise and sell it right after the cruise and be abiding by all the rules. I'm not cheating anyone. I'm not unethical.

I'm sorry that you don't like these rules. Someone asked a question about Shareholder Credit and I simply replied that you do not have to still own the shares when you sail. You don't. Again, if the rules stated that I needed to still own the shares when I sail, I would still own it. So you can stop attacking my character and let it rest.

No it is not the same..The dividend is paid to Stockholders who owned this stock on the Preceding three months, not on the Future three months..

No matter how much you make excuses for your deceit, it's still Fraud! I don't believe that "World Cruise Reservations at HAL" would perpetrate deceit & condone this type of Fraud!

It's interesting that HAL has apparently given the ok for that credit. Several people on the Carnival boards have reported being told to resubmit statements closer to their sailing dates to prove ownership at the time of the cruise (or at least right before the cruise). It may be in Carnival Corp's best interest to be consistent about that across all of their lines.

Do you really believe that HAL's World Cruise Reservation told her she did not have to own the stock at time of sailing..I Don't!

Betty

Archived