Crew Flirting with Passengers

Have you ever experienced any crew who went overboard with flirting or comments with passengers?

I was thinking about my previous cruise where this happened to me when I had a staff in the Windjammer go over the top with offering me free wine if I came back to see him the last night of cruise for supper in the WJ, how people like him want to marry people like me so that they can have tall children (he was very short and I'm very tall), and having them find any reason to be near you?

How far is too far?

And...how likely will it be for me to run into this person on the same cruise four years later?

If it happens again, just tell him 'please stop, you are making me uncomfortable.' If it continues, report him to the dining manager. Unless he's a psychopath, I am guessing he will just move on to the next person.

With language and cultural differences it's not always know when someone THINKS that anyone would clearly understand they are joking and when they are seriously hitting on you.

What you describe would have made me very uncomfortable. But I try to assume the best in people so I would have told him clearly that he was making me uncomfortable and that by [insert your nationality] standards that is considered over the top and to please stop.

If the person didn't immediately apologize I would assume that there were greater cultural or language differences than I could explain and I would talk to whoever seemed appropriate.

Yes, I had this 23 year old blond haired hair, blue blued eyed female crew member who looked as if she could be a model coming on to me every time I saw her, she seemed to constantly want to get close to me and touch my hand, and whisper in my ear................., and then I woke up and realized it never happened:cool:

Nope, never happened here, if they make you uncomfortable tell them to stop or report them.

It's happened with my former wife (with me as witness), but perhaps in a less harmless way. Of course it was the captain! A waiter / steward; not happening. :p

I'll never forget that day he walked us back to our suite, and we opened the door, and he took her and threw her on the bed and gave her a kiss! She loved it, and I didn't mind. We're still good friends with him to this day!

As to other staff members, well, ya' better have 3 or 4 stripes on your shoulder boards, and I had better be present to observe what is NOT happening! :D

It's happened with my former wife (with me as witness), but perhaps in a less harmless way. Of course it was the captain! A waiter / steward; not happening. :p

I'll never forget that day he walked us back to our suite, and we opened the door, and he took her and threw her on the bed and gave her a kiss! She loved it, and I didn't mind. We're still good friends with him to this day!

As to other staff members, well, ya' better have 3 or 4 stripes on your shoulder boards, and I had better be present to observe what is NOT happening! :D

You consider that harmless???

Hardly. :rolleyes:

Working on a new book?? :D:D:D

I get flirted at all the time but it's always been very subtle and I appreciate it. People have completely different comfort levels and if it were me, I'd talk to the person first. Reporting him/her to a manager might get them into serious trouble which is a very harsh punishment for having a different kind of SOH :rolleyes:

Yes, I had this 23 year old blond haired hair, blue blued eyed female crew member who looked as if she could be a model coming on to me every time I saw her, she seemed to constantly want to get close to me and touch my hand, and whisper in my ear................., and then I woke up and realized it never happened:cool:

Nope, never happened here, if they make you uncomfortable tell them to stop or report them.

Damn, I almost believed you. I was gonna ask you if you got her name. :p

And...how likely will it be for me to run into this person on the same cruise four years later?

I'll give fair odds he is no longer employed with RC, that seems to be their biggest crew rule. But you have me curious, how tall ;)

Actually, I experienced flirting by the head waiter just the other week. Every time when I was in the main dining room, I was welcomed by him with a 'hello beauty' and a wink. I found one remark that he made on the last day rather awkward. He let his eyes run over my entire body and asked me what exercise I did. I wasn't dure what he meant and he explained that he wanted to know what I did to keep my body in such a good shape and so good-looking. Just for you to know: I'm in a wheelchair and don't exercise at all :D

I'm not sure whether he wanted to make me feel good about myself despite the wheelchair (not necessary!) or if this was real flirting, but it made me feel quite uncomfortable.

I believe that there are levels of employees on RCCL; crew and staff. Not exactly sure of the terminology though. The "staff" can be in the public areas with guests as long as they're wearing their name tags.

Anyway, we just got back from being on the Explorer and a young (24 years old) cruise staff member was talking to my daughter throughout the cruise. He would tell us where he was going to be (70's disco/ parade, chamber for silent party, solarium for dancing etc) and they would hang out. I also saw what looked to be young female dancers/ice skaters/staff out drinking most nights talking to a few passengers.

I think most just like to mingle and meet new people. As for the "crew" being creepy and coming across as strong, that's a whole different story.

Actually, I experienced flirting by the head waiter just the other week. Every time when I was in the main dining room, I was welcomed by him with a 'hello beauty' and a wink. I found one remark that he made on the last day rather awkward. He let his eyes run over my entire body and asked me what exercise I did. I wasn't dure what he meant and he explained that he wanted to know what I did to keep my body in such a good shape and so good-looking. Just for you to know: I'm in a wheelchair and don't exercise at all :D

I'm not sure whether he wanted to make me feel good about myself despite the wheelchair (not necessary!) or if this was real flirting, but it made me feel quite uncomfortable.

Oh boy! That would have made me feel VERY uncomfortable! Thankfully that happened on the last day.

I have seen a few female crew members that I WISH would flirt with me :cool::D

One being the camera girl on Radiance last year lol. Hubba Hubba!

Ryan - I always thought the wheelchair was a girl magnet. I was in a wheelchair (broken leg) for my 2007 cruise. Got a big old kiss on the cheek from one of the ladies on the activities staff during the 70's parade. Shocked the heck out of my wife :D

We don't usually see our head waiter until the last night.

Can I complete my consent to be flirted with during online checkin or does it have to be done on board?

Seriously cut people some slack, different cultures are different. In some cultures it's actually ok to tell a woman she looks good. Especially Italian. If it makes you uncomfortable you should probably never go to Europe.

We don't usually see our head waiter until the last night.

I agree. Our head waiter was useless on the Explorer last week. He seemed uninterested in one of our gluten free requests. Our waiter was new and very overwhelmed and tried his hardest to take care of everyone. The head waiter never checked on us the whole 9 nights. I noticed he was the speaker in the dining room when they would sing for us so he may have been in charge of the whole dining room, not sure but he did nothing for us.

Past cruises a few have come over to see how things were but not this time.

Archived