Is Royal Caribbean REALLY better than Carnival??

Is Royal Caribbean REALLY better than Carnival?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Is Royal Caribbean REALLY better than Carnival?

• YES - Absolutely without a doubt
    • NO - It's just cheerleader propaganda. Carnival is better.
    • NEITHER - They are both basically the same.
    • It depends... (explain below)

We have sailed on both cruiselines, but prefer RCI. We really liked the Carnival Conquest, and we thought the Magic would be comparable. Magic is another ship with wild colors and without the classy look and feel of Conquest.

We book JS's on RC because of the very nice discounts for C & A members. For that reason, we can actually sail for less on RC than the comparable smallest suite on

Carnival; however, that suite on Carnival is to die for. We love the separate dressing room.

So, it's a no brainer for us: we prefer RC and it's cheaper to sail RC.

Cruzin Lady

I just read he thread on the Carnival board. Funny to say the least by some of the Carnival cheerleaders but Carnival is the only cruise line that I know of where people feel the need to defend why they choose Carnival. You don't see that on any other boards.

This may qualify has the most dense statement I've read on this board to date. I'm not married to either line but would just like to point out this entire thread (and on the Carnival board) is nothing but defending your preferred cruise line.

I just read he thread on the Carnival board. Funny to say the least by some of the Carnival cheerleaders but Carnival is the only cruise line that I know of where people feel the need to defend why they choose Carnival. You don't see that on any other boards.

Wow, really? I see that all the time on the RCI board and on other boards. People come on these boards and say something negative, and the cheerleaders come out in force, defending their cruise line of choice.

This may qualify has the most dense statement I've read on this board to date. I'm not married to either line but would just like to point out this entire thread (and on the Carnival board) is nothing but defending your preferred cruise line.

Nice to see you back with yet another new screen name. ;)

They have been a member for 5 years with over 500 posts and you think they are using an alias so they can put one over people such as yourself ?

Funny.

Don't agree with cruisingator2 statement "This may qualify has the most dense statement I've read on this board to date"

because it has an extra H.:p

They have been a member for 5 years with over 500 posts and you think they are using an alias so they can put one over people such as yourself ?

Funny.

Don't agree with cruisingator2 statement "This may qualify has the most dense statement I've read on this board to date"

because it has an extra H.:p

Wow another Carnivore coming over to spread their wit and charm.

Wow another Carnivore coming over to spread their wit and charm.
This thread is asking whether RCI is better then CCL. You are ignoring the topic.

You sound like one 5 year old telling another 5 year old "you can't play here"

You know CC isn't a private club. You understand this board is open to all.

Please don't turn this into an us VS. them.

I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place with DH. We went on FOS last summer. DH informed me that he did not want to go on any more cruises because I dont want to cruise out of Galveston (we live in Texas) I really think DH hates flying. I dont mind it. SW airlines is really cramped as far as leg room is concerned.

Anyway, we would only be able to cruise CCL in the summer. I was reading reviews of the Triumph and I read that the balcony next door was having s*x, smoking pot, loud, etc. That is NOT my kind of crowd:eek: I saw another review pic and the carpet coming into the cabin was stained dark, like muddy feet. I wass grossed out looking at the pic. The people in the cabin were so happy to be there and I think I would jut cry:( if I spent money for dirty carpet. The tvs looked really old too.

The Magic is tempting. I just am having a hard time pulling away from RCI.

Wow! I've had this screen name since day one so not sure what you're referring to. I just had an issue with your statement concerning Carnival cruisers defending their line and others don't. That was way out of the spectrum of truth.

I've cruised Carnival, Cunard and Celebrity and one day will cruise RCCL because I believe any cruise I go on will be great regardless of which line it is. You seem to be focused on RCCL but yet have a need to denigrate Carnival cruisers. That tells me more about your character and makes me question if you have self esteem issues. Let me get with Dr. Phil and see if we can pump you up enough so you won't feel a need to look down at others.

The Loyalty Program is where RCCL blows Carnival out of the water.

The benefits of those who sail roughly ten 7 day cruises (Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on CCL) are not even close. Add to this Carnival's recent cutbacks and you see which cruise line truly values its loyal cruisers and which could care less!

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh. The op started this on both boards and hasn't been back since. Come on regulars. I know some of you know better than this. ;)

I know what is going on here Paul but the Carnival Gang makes it so easy. ;) Like taking candy from a baby.

Neither is BETTER. It's personal preference. I used to sail exclusively on Carnival. Now I tend to sail exclusively on Royal. Lately I'm toying with trying out Celebrity - primarily because I tend to like the smaller ships and RCL is tending toward the mega ships. I agree with tdogcruiser on that fact. If RCL ever phases out Radiance class, I may find myself spending all my time over on the Celebrity boards!!!

Do try Celebrity! It is a wonderful cruise line! You should try one of the solstice class ships, they are beautiful! Definitely 5 star service, you'll love it.

TheCruisingQueen

Norwegian Jewel Nov/2009

Norwegian Epic Mar/2011

RCCL Allure of the seas Sept/2011

Celebrity Equinox Mar/2012

Carnival Glory Aug/2012

Disney Fantasy Feb/2013

I have been on the RCCL Allure of the seas and am ready to book the Radiance of the seas for Dec/2013 for a South Pacific cruise. Royal Caribbean is a wonderful cruise line, their ships are unbelievably fascinating, and their service, especially with the crown and anchor society, is fantastic. I haven't been on Carnival, but I am going on the Glory fairly soon, so then I can actually judge. Based on appearance, RCCL's ships look far better inside and out. I have heard much more bad experiences about Carnival than RCCL. I hope to have a good cruise on the Carnival Glory soon, as I am the kind of person who likes to try new cruise lines, and not stick to one cruise line like others.

TheCruisingQueen:D

Past Cruises:

Norwegian Jewel Nov/2009

Norwegian Epic Mar/2011

RCCL Allure of the seas Sept/2011

Celebrity Equinox Mar/2012

Cruises coming up:

Carnival Glory Aug/2012

Disney Fantasy Mar/2013

and hopefully many more to come...

Archived