Thank You, Frank Buckingham !

bcummin

8 July 2012, 05:47 PM

Hlitner

10,000+ Club Join Date: May 2000

Not only has Thom left his CD role (apparently not totally his choice) but Frank was recently "retired" by HA this past June. We ran into Frank, while on the Prinsendam, when he visited the ship while we were in Europe.

Hank

8 July 2012, 06:55 PM

RuthC

20,000+ Club Join Date: Mar 2001

What???

The absolute best port lecturer I have ever listened to on HAL.

And you say HAL sent him packing???

Just who is eating stupid pills in Seattle???

Thank you, Frank Buckingham, for all of your memorable port lectures and great advice based on so much knowledge and experience. We were really looking forward to you and Thom on our last voyage, but were disappointed. The young men were good and I can say nothing against them, but we really missed you.

You have certainly earned a good retirement. God be with you, and enjoy!

Barbara

There has been much chatter over the years about Frank Buckingham calling it quits. I always got the impression that it was his call and HAL usually convinced him to come back to Prinsendam for yet another cruise. Whatever the reason or whoever decided that now was his time to retire, he'll be much missed. Frank was simply the best. There were lots of great stories and witty humour behind that green jacket!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Frank Buckingham's knowledge and delivery were the highlights of two of our seven HAL cruises. I hope we encounter him again during his retirement.

Mrs M

Only had one experience with Frank on Prinsendam Grand Voyage around South America in 2011 and it was great! Very knowledgeable but also a wonderful sense of humor. His lectures always seemed like a cross between a PBS series and Monty Python. They were usually the highlight of the day. Only thing better was sitting in the Oak Room and watching him try to deal professionally with the amazing bizarre questions that people had for him in his one on one time.

If this was a one sided company decision they made a big mistake. Regardless I wish him the very best in the future.

Archived