Matching shirts?

Matching shirts? really? Well, to each his own. If it makes you happy, why not? But, know that you will tagged as a tourist right off in every port. May want to rethink the idea of wearing them off the ship, particularly in unsavory areas.

Do any of you make matching shirts for your cruise? Our first cruise was with Disney and the kids. I made us all matching shirts. It was so much fun.

My husband and I are taking a 3 day Royal Caribbean in Sept and I'm toying with the idea of making us shirts. What do you think? We would wear them for boarding and sail away.

I would like to see pics of that. Anybody else cruise with matching shirts lets see them. I know some FAMILY reunions wear matching shirts. My DH would never go for that, he hates when sometimes we accidently match.

When we got married 26 years ago (not in the ceremony, but our own personal vows) we promised each other that we would never dress alike. When we're leaving the house, if we even notice we have the same color on, one of us will go change.

So my answer to the OP is no. We do see it andI mentally roll my eyes.

Last week at Disneyland a man sat down next to us with a hot pink Superman T shirt on, it was obvious he was with a group, since others with assorted Superman T's were stopping to speak with him. I asked him if he lost the bet, or was he just really that confident to be seen in a hot pink Superman T? He laughed and said he thought he could pull it off easier than his SIL. But that SIL owed him big time. There were 34 in the group, he said, in assorted colors of Superman T's. Why do people do these things?

While we didn't ever promise each other not to dress alike, it's absolutely not something we would ever do. It's funny you mention about the same color though. I can't count the number of times my hubby and I have gotten dressed and then looked at each other, rolled our eyes, and one of us changes because we like and look good in many of the same colors. It's just kind of funny how often we end up both wearing tan shorts and the same color shirts.:D In fact, we have Hawaiian shirts that are the same print, but we didn't get them to wear together and one of us is pretty much required to change if we end up both choosing that shirt the same day. The matching Hawaiian shirt or other aloha wear is absolutely not our style.

Personally, I think it looks kind of nerdy when people wear matching clothes. But does it really matter what I think? If everyone is happy and having a good time, who am I to snicker about it? I'm sure there those who snicker at my style because I'm not exactly up to date on all the trends. That's okay, as long as they don't laugh in my face.:p

beachchick

While we don't have "matching" shirts, DH and I will quite often end up wearing similar colors. It can actually come in handy if you're looking for the other person in a crowd. "OK, I'm wearing red and so is he - oh, there he is". Instead of, "what the heck did he put on today - I'll never find him in this mess". So far, I've only had one person make any kind of a comment and I didn't bother responding - just gave him the kind of look I would have given one of my kids if they said something rude.

Why do you think anyone would care? It's not something I would do on purpose, but it's not something that would bother me if it happened by accident either. After all, on formal nights, every man will be wearing the same thing; but there will be plenty of women there who would hide behind a pillar if they see one woman in a thousand wearing the same thing as her. As if anyone cared.

Your holiday, your fun. Do it.

Buddy and I (who are a day apart in age) are both turning 65, 3 days before our December cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. I've been thinking that we need shirts to commemorate the occasion (we've been friends since we were 13).

I've been casting around for snappy ideas and so far, the best (and my favorite) that I've been able to come up with is -

"At 65, sleeping with a woman 12 years younger somehow doesn't hold the same attraction it did at 35"

Not sure we can get that one by the censors (aka wives).

So the reserve logo at this point is "Young at heart!! (some parts slightly older) "

Still have nearly 5 months to work on this project, so who knows? Any jokesters out there who have ideas? I'm sure we could come up w/ a suitable prize if we use your idea.

"At 65, sleeping with a woman 12 years younger somehow doesn't hold the same attraction it did at 35"

Not sure we can get that one by the censors (aka wives).

This is fantastic! I will remove my usual scorn for matching shirts if you wear this one. You must do this. Have your wife call me I'll smooth it over for you ;)

I'll be 34 in September, so I guess I'm still in the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year on our cruise there was a large family group with about a dozen school-aged children and they all had matching shirts. It was easy to spot them from a distance... and turn and run far, far away! :eek:

I will admit that when my children were much younger, I would dress them in similar things (like Old Navy flag Ts) when we were traveling, mainly because it made it easier for me to remember what they were wearing in case they got separated from us. Never completely matching though!

We've worn them on a couple of cruises where we were part of a group. It was a great way to "meet" people in the group for sail-away and boarding. We had shirts for the first day and for one of the sea days (where group activities were going on).

Otherwise, no, not just for my husband and myself.

If you like doing it, I say go for it and have fun.

It's kinda funny how some people think it's "nerdy" or "dorky". I don't see anything wrong with it myself. On occasion, quite by accident, my DW and I will sometimes wear the same color t-shirt. Could be blue, red, whatever. We might chuckle about it, but neither of us bothers to change into something different. One of us usually says to the other "Great minds think alike".:) I think it's kind of cool for a family or large group to wear matching shirts, so long as they're NOT blue and gold and say "Michigan Wolverines" on them.:D

After all, on formal nights, every man will be wearing the same thing; but there will be plenty of women there who would hide behind a pillar if they see one woman in a thousand wearing the same thing as her. As if anyone cared.

Your holiday, your fun. Do it.

There have been a few times when I've seen another woman wearing the same dress or top, or fancy(chiffon) pants as me. When that happens, I just go up to her and tell her she has great taste! :)

As a matter of fact, my sister in law had the same dress as me on our cruise 2 weeks ago. We just made sure we both didn't wear it on the same night. Nobody knew but us.

IMO, wearing matching shirts is a lot less offensive than wearing a shirt from a sports team. The U.S. is so hung up on throwing and/or kicking a ball around and jumping on each other that the country is falling apart. Cute matching shirts tend to make people smile. Go for it.

My wife, who is very good at it, made herself a couple of sun dresses before one of our cruises. She had a LOT of material left over, and asked me if I wanted a matching shirt. It was kind of a Hawaiian print, so I said OK

We will sometimes take these with us, and wear them on Island Night, where there is a buffet by the pool. It has never failed that someone has come up to us, and asked us where we bought the outfits

It is fun once in a while, we don't make a habit of it

Archived