Matching shirts?

When we got married 26 years ago (not in the ceremony, but our own personal vows) we promised each other that we would never dress alike. When we're leaving the house, if we even notice we have the same color on, one of us will go change.

So my answer to the OP is no. We do see it andI mentally roll my eyes.

Last week at Disneyland a man sat down next to us with a hot pink Superman T shirt on, it was obvious he was with a group, since others with assorted Superman T's were stopping to speak with him. I asked him if he lost the bet, or was he just really that confident to be seen in a hot pink Superman T? He laughed and said he thought he could pull it off easier than his SIL. But that SIL owed him big time. There were 34 in the group, he said, in assorted colors of Superman T's. Why do people do these things?

We went to Disneyland during a large affinity group day, everyone was wearing red. Felt sorry for the families not part of this HUGE group thinking that red shirts would be easy to spot, lol.

Buddy and I (who are a day apart in age) are both turning 65, 3 days before our December cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. I've been thinking that we need shirts to commemorate the occasion (we've been friends since we were 13).

I've been casting around for snappy ideas and so far, the best (and my favorite) that I've been able to come up with is -

"At 65, sleeping with a woman 12 years younger somehow doesn't hold the same attraction it did at 35"

Not sure we can get that one by the censors (aka wives).

So the reserve logo at this point is "Young at heart!! (some parts slightly older) "

Still have nearly 5 months to work on this project, so who knows? Any jokesters out there who have ideas? I'm sure we could come up w/ a suitable prize if we use your idea.

We once cruised with "The Really Old Guy". We know this because his shirt said so. Everybody in his group wore "I am Cruising with the Really Old Guy." Each shirt had The Old Guy's picture on it. He was celebrating his 100th B-day.

I like your first saying but not on a TShirt.

How about-- Growing older but not growing up?

When we got married 26 years ago (not in the ceremony, but our own personal vows) we promised each other that we would never dress alike. When we're leaving the house, if we even notice we have the same color on, one of us will go change.

So my answer to the OP is no. We do see it andI mentally roll my eyes.

Last week at Disneyland a man sat down next to us with a hot pink Superman T shirt on, it was obvious he was with a group, since others with assorted Superman T's were stopping to speak with him. I asked him if he lost the bet, or was he just really that confident to be seen in a hot pink Superman T? He laughed and said he thought he could pull it off easier than his SIL. But that SIL owed him big time. There were 34 in the group, he said, in assorted colors of Superman T's. Why do people do these things?

Because to them it's fun. I wouldn't do it myself but I appreciate it when I see people that dress alike having fun. To each his on.

One 4th of July my mom made my dad, my two brothers, and me red and white checked outfits. The guys had shirts and my made her and I identical dresses. OMG we were the butt of all the jokes at that barbecue. From "Excuse me, are you wearing our napkins?" to "Great idea, why don't you all lay down on the floor and be our table cloth," None of us has ever worn the same clothes again. Except one time I arrived at the airport and my two brothers were holding up signs with my name on them. They were both wearing bright yellow t-shirts and jeans. It was hilarious! They looked like two big ole bumble bees! I'll never forget either of these two occasions as they always make me laugh.:D Those were some happy times.:D

IMO, wearing matching shirts is a lot less offensive than wearing a shirt from a sports team. The U.S. is so hung up on throwing and/or kicking a ball around and jumping on each other that the country is falling apart. Cute matching shirts tend to make people smile. Go for it.

Apparently someone is not a fan of team sports. And no, the country is not falling apart because so many of us do enjoy sports. So tell me, if I and others choose to wear t-shirts with the Olympics logo on a cruise (especially since the Summer Olympics is coming soon), would you find that offensive?

I was on a cruise, for 21 days, and one couple had on matching outfits every single day, and night. It really began to look a bit silly after a time. If the husband wore a white jacket, red shirt, blue tie and slacks, the wife wore a white jacket, red shirt, blue scarf and skirt. On formal nights they had matching tuxes and ties and pocket handkerchiefs. Personally, that was way too much.

IMO, wearing matching shirts is a lot less offensive than wearing a shirt from a sports team. The U.S. is so hung up on throwing and/or kicking a ball around and jumping on each other that the country is falling apart. Cute matching shirts tend to make people smile. Go for it.

Have you ever been to Europe/Africa/South America? Wearing Manchester United or Brazil's or Argentina's or whatever futbol's jersey, is huge. So it's not just the US. Plus, how does sports cause a country to fall apart? Many times, it can bring a community together.

I was on a cruise, for 21 days, and one couple had on matching outfits every single day, and night. It really began to look a bit silly after a time. If the husband wore a white jacket, red shirt, blue tie and slacks, the wife wore a white jacket, red shirt, blue scarf and skirt. On formal nights they had matching tuxes and ties and pocket handkerchiefs. Personally, that was way too much.

Just a guess, but maybe they were perfomers of some sort (singers?) on a a vacation, and, rather than buy new wardrobes, they opted to wear what they already had on hand (from their professional lives).

We once cruised with "The Really Old Guy". We know this because his shirt said so. Everybody in his group wore "I am Cruising with the Really Old Guy." Each shirt had The Old Guy's picture on it. He was celebrating his 100th B-day.

I like your first saying but not on a TShirt.

How about-- Growing older but not growing up?

I have to modify my original opinion opposed to identical shirts. In this case, yes, I would join in the celebration.

Umm, that's "Go Bucks!" as in "Buckeyes". Yeah, I know you're saying "Hook 'em horns!" Whatever. Not real fond of orange and white either.:D

I got a laugh because I had forgotten posting that and you caught me by surprise. In fact, I am a graduate of UT/Austin (when it was the only UT; the others are name only), but don't care about the logos, etc. and would never wear them. I do spontaneously give "Hook 'em" signs on occasion. You will know me if we meet when you are wearing a Bucks shirt))).

I got a laugh because I had forgotten posting that and you caught me by surprise. In fact, I am a graduate of UT/Austin (when it was the only UT; the others are name only), but don't care about the logos, etc. and would never wear them. I do spontaneously give "Hook 'em" signs on occasion. You will know me if we meet when you are wearing a Bucks shirt))).

Who knows? Maybe we'll cross paths at an OSU / Texas football game. The first hot dog's on me. :D

Just a guess, but maybe they were perfomers of some sort (singers?) on a a vacation, and, rather than buy new wardrobes, they opted to wear what they already had on hand (from their professional lives).

No, I spoke to them. They just liked to dress alike. They were both in their 70's.

We went to Disneyland during a large affinity group day, everyone was wearing red. Felt sorry for the families not part of this HUGE group thinking that red shirts would be easy to spot, lol.

The large group at Disneyland wearing red shirts...it's for "gay day". They have it once a year. My SIL wore his red shirt one time when that group was there. My daughter and I still kid him when he wears red to Disneyland.

• 1 month later...

527We ultimately had 3 couples that wore matching shirts on a Carnival cruise in 2011 for my husband's 40th birthday... it brought a lot of attention and birthday wishes to my husband. His birthday was on embarkation so it was great while going through the lines, once on board and also dinner that evening! http://czuptaphotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/527

I say go for it!!

It's not for us, but if you enjoy it, then go for it. Once in a while my DH and I will by accident be wearing something similar (like khakis and navy shirt); one of us usually changes because we don't want to look like we're some kind of staff.

The only time I'd consider it is if we were taking a bunch of kids to something like Disney World and wanted it to be easier to keep track of them. We took 7 grandkids on a cruise though, and didn't loose any even without matching clothes.

Do any of you make matching shirts for your cruise? Our first cruise was with Disney and the kids. I made us all matching shirts. It was so much fun.

My husband and I are taking a 3 day Royal Caribbean in Sept and I'm toying with the idea of making us shirts. What do you think? We would wear them for boarding and sail away.

I have never made matching shirts/blouses. Now would I even buy them.

That is a lot of work for a 3 day cruise.

Archived