Matching shirts?

Do any of you make matching shirts for your cruise? Our first cruise was with Disney and the kids. I made us all matching shirts. It was so much fun.

My husband and I are taking a 3 day Royal Caribbean in Sept and I'm toying with the idea of making us shirts. What do you think? We would wear them for boarding and sail away.

I think you must be one heck of a fantastic wife if you can get your husband to wear a matching custom shirt. Seriously that's impressive!!

No way my wife could convince me to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you make matching shirts for your cruise? Our first cruise was with Disney and the kids. I made us all matching shirts. It was so much fun.

My husband and I are taking a 3 day Royal Caribbean in Sept and I'm toying with the idea of making us shirts. What do you think? We would wear them for boarding and sail away.

Nerdy

I think you must be one heck of a fantastic wife if you can get your husband to wear a matching custom shirt. Seriously that's impressive!!

My thoughts exactly...could NEVER convince dh to do that :p

Cute idea!

We don't exactly have matching shirts, but there's always a day on vacation called "red shirt day". It dates back to my childhood vacations (50+ years ago) and my kids liked it. Seem like every one of us has a red shirt, and it just makes us laugh at ourselves.

If I may quote the OP: "What do you think?"

Thank you so much for pointing out a possible deficiency in my comment. I humbly withdraw any or all of my comment which you find does not say what I think, or of which you otherwise or nowise or anywise object.

When we got married 26 years ago (not in the ceremony, but our own personal vows) we promised each other that we would never dress alike. When we're leaving the house, if we even notice we have the same color on, one of us will go change.

So my answer to the OP is no. We do see it andI mentally roll my eyes.

Last week at Disneyland a man sat down next to us with a hot pink Superman T shirt on, it was obvious he was with a group, since others with assorted Superman T's were stopping to speak with him. I asked him if he lost the bet, or was he just really that confident to be seen in a hot pink Superman T? He laughed and said he thought he could pull it off easier than his SIL. But that SIL owed him big time. There were 34 in the group, he said, in assorted colors of Superman T's. Why do people do these things?

On one of our cruises last year, one day at breakfast, we sat with a middle-aged couple that were wearing matching Hawaiian shirts. I mentioned something like, how cute they were in the matching shirts. They told me they have been wearing matching shirts every day since they got married something like 30 years ago! EVERY DAY! THAT'S LOVE! LOL

Personally I think that it makes the lot of you look like total idiots. However, that is just my opinion and you should know that I also never go to costume parties or theme dress parties.

The basic question is whether you like to do it. If so, it makes no difference what I or other people think.

DON

On one of our cruises last year, one day at breakfast, we sat with a middle-aged couple that were wearing matching Hawaiian shirts. I mentioned something like, how cute they were in the matching shirts. They told me they have been wearing matching shirts every day since they got married something like 30 years ago! EVERY DAY! THAT'S LOVE! LOL

"Love" isn't the word that comes to mind for me.

You won't catch me dressing like anybody else I'm with. I outgrew that strange behavior when I stopped wearing diapers.

I went on a cruise with my two brothers and our wives. Mom bought matching shirts for we three brothers. Shortly after we boarded, all wearing our matching shirts, we overheard someone say.......Look, there's the band...:D

Archived