Platinum Gift/Laundy Aboard Glory Info

Just as an FYI -

I just debarked from the Glory Saturday and my gift was a pair of binoculars....NO BAG!!! Also, I didn't receive my chocolates so, I asked the room steward the last sea day and he didn't know anything about it. So, I called guest services and they immediately sent 2 chocolate covered strawberries to my room (yes 2)!!!

Also, as for the laundry on the 5 day you can send 2 bags down and they charge $15 per bag on your stateroom account. Then they give you a non-refundable credit to offset the fee.

Last but, not least you will receive a drink coupon in your room the first day. It can only be used in the dining room during breakfast or lunch. I asked what drinks could we order and he said anything. So, I ordered a Miami Vice and my son ordered a virgin strawberry dacquiri. They do take your folio # to order the drink thru the computer.

Were you able to put as much laundry into the bag as you wanted? I read in a review earlier this week they were only allowed to put so much in the bag...say up to $30 worth (not sure is that is the actual amount she stated). Or could you fill the bag to the top?

Just as an FYI -

I just debarked from the Glory Saturday and my gift was a pair of binoculars....NO BAG!!! Also, I didn't receive my chocolates so, I asked the room steward the last sea day and he didn't know anything about it. So, I called guest services and they immediately sent 2 chocolate covered strawberries to my room (yes 2)!!!

Also, as for the laundry on the 5 day you can send 2 bags down and they charge $15 per bag on your stateroom account. Then they give you a non-refundable credit to offset the fee.

Last but, not least you will receive a drink coupon in your room the first day. It can only be used in the dining room during breakfast or lunch. I asked what drinks could we order and he said anything. So, I ordered a Miami Vice and my son ordered a virgin strawberry dacquiri. They do take your folio # to order the drink thru the computer.

I saw the $15 charge on our account on the Liberty last week as well. I called them and was told that they would issue a credit - which did come across about 2 days after the laundry charge.

We received the following "sweets" plate the afternoon of the second cruise elegant evening:

Chocolate-Treats-070512-L.jpg

We ended up not using our FREE VIFP drink coupon. While somewhat surprised to see that it was only redeemable in the MDR during breakfast or lunch (though I was aware before our cruise), we elected to use it on the last sea day to get two bottles of Corona when we went to lunch - for enjoyment later in the afternoon during our sea day beer/balcony ritual. Before our lunch order was taken a bar waiter came by to take our drink order. We asked for two bottles of Corona (unopened). We were informed that they could only bring them (poured) in glasses. At that point it was evident that those coupons were of little/no value to us, and opted to skip the MDR for lunch and grab our fourth Guy’s Burger of the cruise!

Tom

Were you able to put as much laundry into the bag as you wanted? I read in a review earlier this week they were only allowed to put so much in the bag...say up to $30 worth (not sure is that is the actual amount she stated). Or could you fill the bag to the top?

We were able to stuff as much stuff as we wanted in each bag....

I saw the $15 charge on our account on the Liberty last week as well. I called them and was told that they would issue a credit - which did come across about 2 days after the laundry charge.

We received the following "sweets" plate the afternoon of the second cruise elegant evening:

Chocolate-Treats-070512-L.jpg

We ended up not using our FREE VIFP drink coupon. While somewhat surprised to see that it was only redeemable in the MDR during breakfast or lunch (though I was aware before our cruise), we elected to use it on the last sea day to get two bottles of Corona when we went to lunch - for enjoyment later in the afternoon during our sea day beer/balcony ritual. Before our lunch order was taken a bar waiter came by to take our drink order. We asked for two bottles of Corona (unopened). We were informed that they could only bring them (poured) in glasses. At that point it was evident that those coupons were of little/no value to us, and opted to skip the MDR for lunch and grab our fourth Guy’s Burger of the cruise!

Tom

Yeah mine literally had 2 strawberries on the plate with nothing else....looked nothing like yours or anything I previously had!

Wonder why they are charging and than refunding on the laundry?

My guess is to keep track of the cost (lost rev) of the perk so they can justify canceling it at some future point. Or perhaps just make it available to those who've sailed at least a million miles!

My guess is to keep track of the cost (lost rev) of the perk so they can justify canceling it at some future point. Or perhaps just make it available to those who've sailed at least a million miles!

Thinking about it and think they are using this to make sure people do not send out more than 3 for a 7 day cruise.

I am guessing the reason they said they had to pour the beer is because it was a Corona and was in the glass bottle?

Yet we successfully ordered it through room service 2-3 times (bucket of 4). On both NCL and Celebrity you can go to certain bars and get buckets of bottled Coronas - usually a buy 4 or buy 5 and get one free. Not on Carnival...

Tom

Thanks for letting us know about the gift.

Maybe the steward was new and didn't know about the perk on your cruise? On a cruise last year we asked for our platinum gifts and the steward did not appear to know what we were talking about and said she'd have to call her supervisor, and I said "yes, please do check into this and leave the gifts in our cabin, thank you very much". The gifts were there later that evening. So maybe some just don't know?

Thanks for letting us know about the gift.

Maybe the steward was new and didn't know about the perk on your cruise? On a cruise last year we asked for our platinum gifts and the steward did not appear to know what we were talking about and said she'd have to call her supervisor, and I said "yes, please do check into this and leave the gifts in our cabin, thank you very much". The gifts were there later that evening. So maybe some just don't know?

Some ships may not be as "up to speed" as others. I know on the Liberty I spoke to the Chief Purser about the training - he had set up sessions for the entire crew (those who interact with guests) on the new program. I was speaking to our cabin steward who indicated that he had also recently gone through the training. Of course, his being "employee of the month" had a direct relationship to the quality of service we received!

Tom

Yeah mine literally had 2 strawberries on the plate with nothing else....looked nothing like yours or anything I previously had!

That's really cheap of Carnival, being cheap will turn back to you after a while..

Archived