storing carryons

gdpups

I have an Alaska cruise next week on Millenium. We arrive in Seward on the train at 11 am the day we embark and I have an excursion planned that day at 1 pm. I understand the cabins can't be accessed until sometime in the afternoon, so was wondering if there is any way to store our carryons on the ship or will we need to take them on the excursion with us if they haven't opened up the staterooms??

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

You could leave it at the pier with all your other luggage, but in most ports there's no place to lock it up. It's either turn it over to the pier porters or take it with you. Assuming that you carry your valuables (jewelry, prescription meds, electronics, etc.) in your carryon, I wouldn't let it out of my sight. I'd make sure to use a carryon with wheels, of a manageable size, and take it with me. Most excursions should be able to accommodate it.

Yes, there is no locker/storage for carry-ons, and since your schedule is a bit tight, plan on taking it with you.

On most Celebrity cruises, weve been able to stop by our cabin and stick our carryon in the closet prior to the offical cabin openings, which usually is around 1pm or so. But the time can vary and on the Solstice, they did not allow us on the SR decks until the SRs were opened for all...other times we could step in quickly. But that is too iffy to plan on as a 'for sure'.

Den

Archived