Latitudes credit for old cruises

susan0000

When they converted recently to their new latitudes system I noticed that I had taken cruises that I was not given credit for on my cruise history. It looked like they only went back to 2000. I have tried to contact them but have not heard back and don't remember the exact dates of my previous cruises. Any one else have similar problem or any suggestions?

Thanks

I don't know when you wrote to them, but it was a full month before I heard back. My previous cruises were on the Majesty before and after NCL bought the ship. They suggested I send in any photos, dailies, room keys, bar bills etc, but it seemed too much work.

It's worth a call to customer service. If your cruise was in 1995 or after, then you should get credit for it. Some people report getting credit for a cruise prior to 1995, but it seems to depend on who you get on the phone and how generous they are feeling. You have no guarantee of getting credit for it if the cruise was before 1995, as their policy is that it's only 1995-present, as that's when the Latitudes program began.

http://www2.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/terms-and-conditions

thanks for the advise I did try to call customer service and they told me I had to email in the info and I haven't heard back but it is about 3 weeks to a month so maybe it just takes time. I could go back and look for old pictures they ususally have the date and boat stamped on them, but your right that is a lot of work! Haha

Thanks

How much is "too much work" depends on how many cruises are missing.

We were missing 5 cruises taken durign the 1980's and early 1990's so it was worth it for me to send the documentation.

I save things like dailies, menus (when cruise lines used to give them free as a souvenir), even cruise cards from every cruise I've taken and put them in a labeled envelope, so it's easy for me to get this info. Cruise cards are the best since they have the voyage number, dates, etc.

It helped us to get credit for cruises on other cruise lines as well since we've been cruising for over 30 years long before there was such a thing as loyalty programs.

Without the extra work, we would not be enjoying Platinum status on NCL now, not to mention being Elite on X and Princess and Diamond on RCI.

I just recently got credit for our honeymoon cruise in 1992. I actually had the ticket carbon that I photographed and sent to them on email. It took at least 3 weeks for me to get an email back from them. In the meantime, I did call in to NCL and the service rep did verify they had created the account and credited us for the cruise. It's not a lot of credits, but anything helps!

They really have little to lose by giving you the credits with any reasonable documentation. If you rarely cruise, you won't acquire enough credits to get any major perks that actually cost them anything. If you cruise a lot, they want you to keep coming back.

There are no limits on how far back you can go. They will give credit to anyone for any NCL cruise you can document. We got credit for a 1984 cruise, while on the phone with them, we faxed in a copy of our ticket and within 30 minutes it was posted. You have to provide some proof, but they are very generous in what they accept.

I just emailed them that they had me on 6 cruise in an inside cabing when they were all balconys. If they need documentation forget it!:eek:

You get the same credit for an inside as you do for a balcony. As long as they have the correct number of days, you should be ok.

After my September cruise, I'll hit 75 points....which means my cruise next August I'll still be gold. Darn, looks like I'll need to book another cruise so I can cruise Platinum!! :eek: I do try to keep my cruising to once a year in a suite....except for this year because it was my 50th birthday. Maybe next year I'll continue on with my birthday celebration and cruise right before my 51st!!:rolleyes:

There are no limits on how far back you can go. They will give credit to anyone for any NCL cruise you can document. We got credit for a 1984 cruise, while on the phone with them, we faxed in a copy of our ticket and within 30 minutes it was posted. You have to provide some proof, but they are very generous in what they accept.

Not true. My sister was denied in a request last year for a 1990 cruise and she offered to show proof. She decided it wasn't worth the fight and the program did, in fairness, state it was 1995-current cruises that were counted.

Not true. My sister was denied in a request last year for a 1990 cruise and she offered to show proof. She decided it wasn't worth the fight and the program did, in fairness, state it was 1995-current cruises that were counted.

And they counted my cruise from the 80's. I just had the ship name, the exact dates, the itiinery and that we were in an inside...

I was able to get my credits for a cruise back in 1989 with no problem. I simply emailed them and attached documents showing pictures, cruise book, tags and so on. No problem at all. It took them about a week to post. Then when they started the new latitudes program, it transferred over...no problem.

I have received all my cruise credits form all my cruises, but from upsells, they only give points from what you booked, not what you have been upsold to.

All my upsells were from a balcony to suites and some I had booked over 9 months in advance, I tried to get points for them and they said No, I feel I could have had an extra 42 points or more.

Well when I posted the original message on the 12th it had been at least 3 weeks. It is now the 20th and I have not heard a word. I know if we send in multiple requests it ties things up but it is frustrating not to hear anything and not even know if they got it? It states on the sight it might take up to "two weeks" to hear back because of high demand well that's an underestimate! But they call me on a weekly basis to try and sell me a cruise! maybe if their booking department is so bord that they keep calling after I keep telling them I am all set then maybe they should give them a job in answering emails as well.:mad:

I got credit for my DH on a NOrway cruise back in l985. We provided pictures and received past passenger credit on a 2000 cruise, so I sent an email stating this. Took about 3-4 weeks to get a response.

There has been a big backlog at the Latitudes desk since the new program went into effect in December 2011. It seems like there is just one person handling all those emails. It took about 3 weeks for me to get a response. It was all taken care of. Did you send the email to the latitudes clerical email address?

Edited by herdingdogmom

• 11 months later...

This no longer appears to be the case. Tried to get a credit for our 1980 cruise by sending them copies of our boarding passes, drink menu (wish those prices were still in effect), and other items, and they emailed they do not give credit for anything prior to 1995.

It is not a big deal since it was just one cruise a long time ago, but they missed an opportunity to earn our business.

There are a lot of good choices out there.

This no longer appears to be the case. Tried to get a credit for our 1980 cruise by sending them copies of our boarding passes, drink menu (wish those prices were still in effect), and other items, and they emailed they do not give credit for anything prior to 1995.

It is not a big deal since it was just one cruise a long time ago, but they missed an opportunity to earn our business.

There are a lot of good choices out there.

Perhaps since this post was a year old things might have changed? However, you are only missing 7 Latitudes points and that really gives no advantage. Most/many of the ships are no longer inviting Bronze Latitudes members to the cocktail party. Good luck with your choice of cruise lines.

When they converted recently to their new latitudes system I noticed that I had taken cruises that I was not given credit for on my cruise history. It looked like they only went back to 2000. I have tried to contact them but have not heard back and don't remember the exact dates of my previous cruises. Any one else have similar problem or any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried calling them? We had no problems getting all our past cruises listed, even without dates. We did have to have general times, like the month and year, but certainly not dates. Yes, we did have to have some sort of proof, if not pictures, names of our wait staff in one case worked. Anything that would only be known by someone actually on the ship.

Nita

I received credit for a 2001 cruise. I didn't have to send in documentation. I provided all four of our latitudes numbers and they did research. It is interesting that now it shows up on my past cruise history list with a notation saying that it came from the "research archives". The woman I spoke to said they have the data back to that point - I wanted to ask "then why is it missing?" but I was just happy to get credit.