new to Princess, considering Crown...

medfordgirl

If you transfer to a TA, make sure you transfer it to a TA that specializes in Princess bookings and books a lot of them every day, perhaps 20+/day. Princess allows TAs to discount fares for their customers (but they can't advertise these fares) and you can often save 10-20% plus get perks from one of these TAs. If all your TA is giving you is perhaps a $50 OBC, find another TA that will give you a nice discount AND an OBC and/or other perk.

If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock, you can apply for an OBC, from $50-$250, depending on the length of your cruise (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit). If one or both of you are military or ex-military, you can get an OBC. Princess allows OBCs to be combined. For my next cruise, I'll have $475 in OBC plus a 16% discount on the cruise fare. :)

Well, I don't have any stock so that is out. And the only military in my home is my eldest son but he is stationed in Hawaii and he won't be coming with us, so that is out. AS for the TA, that is interesting. How would I know if they specialize in Princess where they would have the discounts and perks? would that online TA or ones I would have to scout out near home? Could you write me and let me know some? Ruby62403@aol.com thank you so much..

Also, does anyone know if mini suite E731 has a private balcony? I don't want people from the cabins above looking down on me. if it is private then I will probably give a deposit today and then look for a TA. Do I have to buy the travel insurance today if I want pre-existing covered? We don't have any pre-existing but my parents do and if something happens to them I would have to cancel.

If that mini suite is still available, grab it!! It's usually one of the first to go. It's fully covered and has a longer, extended balcony compared to the other minis on that deck (except for E730, the same cabin on the port side). :)

If that mini suite is still available, grab it!! It's usually one of the first to go. It's fully covered and has a longer, extended balcony compared to the other minis on that deck (except for E730, the same cabin on the port side). :)

Just got off the phone with princess and I got the cabin. Thank you...

One question. when you go online and look at bookings, they ask if you are going before or after april 2013...??? is this change after april going to affect my cabin? what changes are they talking about.

Oh also, if the price comes down can I get it adjusted? will they lower my final payment or give me OBC?

One question. when you go online and look at bookings, they ask if you are going before or after april 2013...??? is this change after april going to affect my cabin? what changes are they talking about. That date marks a new way of grouping cabins in different categories. Nothing actually changes on the ship or to your cabin.

Oh also, if the price comes down can I get it adjusted? will they lower my final payment or give me OBC? If the lower price is not "for new bookings only", you can call Princess (or your TA if a TA has the booking) and ask for the refare. If before final payment, it will lower the final payment amount. It wiull not happen automatically, you must call.

See above in red

Congratulations--I think you'll be pleased with it. I know it's a favorite of many posters here, including me. :D You might want to tell them to mark your booking as "No Upgrade" so you don't get (what Princess considers to be) an upgrade to one of the minis with a totally-exposed-to-anyone-above-you balcony.

Congratulations--I think you'll be pleased with it. I know it's a favorite of many posters here, including me. :D You might want to tell them to mark your booking as "No Upgrade" so you don't get (what Princess considers to be) an upgrade to one of the minis with a totally-exposed-to-anyone-above-you balcony.

Oh dear, they do have me for a comp upgrade if available. Which I would love to get if it is to a full suite BUT NOT to a different mini. I will call back to stipulate full suite only upgrade. That is if they do that sort of thing.

Oh dear, they do have me for a comp upgrade if available. Which I would love to get if it is to a full suite BUT NOT to a different mini. I will call back to stipulate full suite only upgrade. That is if they do that sort of thing.

I hear ya--that's what we'd all like to do, but not sure whether or not you can. Please let us know what they say. BTW, in case you didn't see it on one of the other threads, here's your cabin:

One question. when you go online and look at bookings, they ask if you are going before or after april 2013...??? is this change after april going to affect my cabin? what changes are they talking about.

See post #5 above.

So, right not my room category is ME. does that mean after april 13 it could become MD or MB or MA? Which would then change the price but I am locked in at my price, right?

ME sounds like it is the new category method.

The "old" labeling of mini-suites is AE, AD, AC, AB, AA

ME sounds like it is the new category method.

The "old" labeling of mini-suites is AE, AD, AC, AB, AA

hmm? then I wonder what other changes they are planning?

You can also get brewed ice tea at IC with no punch taken.
I am not a fan of iced tea but I do love hot tea. are there alot of flavors to choose from?

Thanks for all the responses, I never thought I would be going on Princess. DH did not want to try it BUT luckily Princess goes to islands from Florida that RCL does not. I love trying new ships as well as islands.

The Crown is great ship, and I really like the laundry on Princess. If you truly love your room, mark it no upgrade. I am pretty sure you cannot stipulate the type of upgrade. It is an all or nothing proposition.

on another note, I was looking at the movies under the stars. Is it hard to get a lounge chair for that? Do you have to get out there real early? do they have popcorn?

and another note, are there plenty of tables for 2 in the main dining rooms?

sorry to be such a pain but thanks for your answers.:o:D

We were on the Emerald Princess in April for 10 days in the Southern Caribbean. We watched a few movies at MUTS. There was never a problem getting a chair, actually there were lots available at all times. There is popcorn available. Also during the movie the waiters came around a few times - offered pieces of pizza. Then later came around with cookies and milk. It was really enjoyable. Also there are blankets to cover up with. A few nights we found it cool up there so blankets were a nice touch. We really enjoyed our cruise with Princess (our first) and have already booked for this fall.

Have fun on your cruise.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Daisyloo']We were on the Emerald Princess in April for 10 days in the Southern Caribbean. We watched a few movies at MUTS. There was never a problem getting a chair, actually there were lots available at all times. There is popcorn available. Also during the movie the waiters came around a few times - offered pieces of pizza. Then later came around with cookies and milk. It was really enjoyable. Also there are blankets to cover up with. A few nights we found it cool up there so blankets were a nice touch. We really enjoyed our cruise with Princess (our first) and have already booked for this fall.
Have fun on your cruise.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]do you need to pay for popcorn or pizza or milk and cookies? do you tip?
I just got off my RCCL cruise. It was wonderful but I have to say, I am very much looking forward to the princess and especially Curacao. by the way, are there 2 specialty restaurants? if so, if you could only go to one, which one would you go to?
Another question about the IC. can you get pastries and sandwiches etc without having to buy coffee? will they be free? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='medfordgirl'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]do you need to pay for popcorn or pizza or milk and cookies? do you tip?
I just got off my RCCL cruise. It was wonderful but I have to say, I am very much looking forward to the princess and especially Curacao. by the way, are there 2 specialty restaurants? if so, if you could only go to one, which one would you go to?
Another question about the IC. can you get pastries and sandwiches etc without having to buy coffee? will they be free? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Pizza, milk and cookies, etc. are free. You can get anything at the IC without buying coffee. There are two separate lines although you can order coffee, tea, soda, etc. from one of the waitstaff without waiting in line.

The specialty restaurant really depends on your personal taste. The Crown Grill is a steakhouse so no big surprises there. Sabatini's is not like your local Italian restaurant. It's fine northern Italian dishes with a lot of seafood... no chicken piccata, spaghetti, etc. Not remotely like Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, etc.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]thank you so much pam for your help. I am very nervous (and excited) about trying a new cruise line. I do love Rccl and to be honest if Rccl had a 7 nite cruise from florida to curaçao, then I would probably be sailing on them. BUT, who knows, I may like princess and then will have more options in the future. Just wondering, I am a diamond member on Rccl and they do have some nice perks along with it. How is princess to their loyal customers? And how many cruises does it take to get some good perks with them?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I have another question...I have that nice mini suite with the bigger balcony (E731) I saw some pics of it and I am happy about it BUT there wasn't a lounge chair on it. is it possible to request one? Anyone ever have any luck getting one?

Archived