Big Mistake--Booking Aqua Class

diligaf51

We've done it twice, once on Eclipse and once on ML. Will do it a third time on on Eclipse. I can't go back....

Our fear is we want to do Hawaii, currently Centruy is the only X ship doing that...but wait...NO AQUA CLASS ON CENTURY! :(

I will be thinking of you as I reunite with aqua class next Sunday..... it's so blue in Blu...I'll just have to deal with it.... LOVE IT!

We just took our son with us on Summit, and it was painful being in CC after AQ and Blu. To say we missed Blu was an understatement, and we were amazed at those in AQ who said they preferred the MDR. :eek:

We've done it twice, once on Eclipse and once on ML. Will do it a third time on on Eclipse. I can't go back....

Our fear is we want to do Hawaii, currently Centruy is the only X ship doing that...but wait...NO AQUA CLASS ON CENTURY! :(

We spent 23 nights in Aqua class last fall on the Silhouette and loved it. So I was a little concerned about the 15 night cruise to Hawaii we had booked on the Century for last April and having to dine in the MDR. No worries the food was very good in the MDR - try the new lobster tail - really great, and we also liked the Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch and breakfast - it is a larger space than on the S class ships!

That said we are on the Reflection this fall and recently took advantage of some price reductions to upgrade to Aqua - it really is worth it - especially when the price is right!

Richard

Aqua Class is the worst thing that has ever happened to me on a cruise. Now that I have experienced it, I cannot book anything else. Nothing compares. Yes, I am hooked. Celebrity has my money from now on.

Nice title!!!! I was just about to grab the "jiffy pop" and a flame retardant suit and wait for the the flames to start!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua Class is worth every penny, Blu is fabulous...we love it for breakfast and the staff is wonderful. I also adore the Persian Gardens and the shower upgrade. We tried going back with the Millie before she was redone this spring, no comparison. Blu rocks!!

• 1 month later...
Aqua Class is the worst thing that has ever happened to me on a cruise. Now that I have experienced it, I cannot book anything else. Nothing compares. Yes, I am hooked. Celebrity has my money from now on.

we jumped from a regular room in Carnival onto a Solstice class AQ room, it's over for us for sure.... :(

There are many great things about Aqua.

1. Blu. You have your own specialty dining room that is for Aqua Class only. You can dine there for a $5 charge if you are in a Suite on a space available basis. The food is different, and very good.

2. Free bottled water and flavored tea. They will start you off with 2, put those in the refrigerator and they will keep bringing more. I believe they are the 16.9 oz. size.

3. Free access to Persian Gardens and the Relaxation Room. Think heated tile loungers and saunas. Nice.

4. All the amenities of Concierge class, including the fresh flowers and sparkling wine.

5. The wonderful spa shower with the jets running down the panel.

6. Plush robes, towels, slippers, face mist, etc. Nicer bedding, pillows and balcony furniture.

7. Extra cruise credit (2 instead of 1).

8. Room service breakfast. You get an expanded menu with free fresh squeezed juices and smoothies.

For most people the biggest draw is Blu.

We have been booking Concierge because of the extras. I did not read all of the responses to this thread but do the Aqua people get all of the extras of Concierge as well, ie canapes wine etc. I think the Aqua is only 10.00 more for the Summit cruise I have booked.

Thanks

Bill and Dave

The water bottles are 16.9 oz. I believe it was Italian origin.

Dining in Blu is the best part of Aqua class. Food is prepared to order and comes out fresh, hot and nicely presented. It is a more quieter dining experience as there are mostly tables for 2 and people do not have to speak loudly to hear each other. The acoustics are real good.

Aqua Class is a great addition to Celebrity. Blu is outstanding, much like going to a specialty restaurant every night.

But it does have a break-even point to me based upon how much over $$$ it goes for and the amount of cruise length as compared to a Veranda.

My last sailing on the Milly I only paid $100 more for Aqua, excellent value for our tastes.

1. Blu. You have your own specialty dining room that is for Aqua Class only. You can dine there for a $5 charge if you are in a Suite on a space available basis. The food is different, and very good.

2. Free bottled water and flavored tea. They will start you off with 2, put those in the refrigerator and they will keep bringing more. I believe they are the 16.9 oz. size.

3. Free access to Persian Gardens and the Relaxation Room. Think heated tile loungers and saunas. Nice.

4. All the amenities of Concierge class, including the fresh flowers and sparkling wine.

6. Plush robes, towels, slippers, face mist, etc. Nicer bedding, pillows and balcony furniture.

8. Room service breakfast. You get an expanded menu with free fresh squeezed juices and smoothies.

Thanks for the information...We usually book CC cabins but will consider it next time...depends on the deals and the cabin location.

Thanks for the information...We usually book CC cabins but will consider it next time...depends on the deals and the cabin location.

It's well worth it....as a one time Celebrity Cruiser, I just booked two more AQ....totally love it! :)

Hi. Does anyone have the dinner menus that they can post? We had dinner once in Blu on an early sailing of the Solstice (one of our friends knew the head waiter) and none of us enjoyed our dinners. I am sure that the menu has changed since than and from what I have read, everyone raves about it. We have a CC cabin booked on the Silhouette next March and are thinking of possibly trying Aqua class instead. Thanks everyone.

Vicky

Archived