Big Mistake--Booking Aqua Class

diligaf51

Hi. Does anyone have the dinner menus that they can post? We had dinner once in Blu on an early sailing of the Solstice (one of our friends knew the head waiter) and none of us enjoyed our dinners. I am sure that the menu has changed since than and from what I have read, everyone raves about it. We have a CC cabin booked on the Silhouette next March and are thinking of possibly trying Aqua class instead. Thanks everyone.

Vicky

Blu is one of those places where you either love it or hate it. The menu can be a bit deceiving. What we ordered and what was described on the menu, when presented to us was done in a manner that was completely "outside the box."

We ate in Blu on a TA back in 2009, and since have been in the MDR as we were traveling with friends. We're now going back to Blu. We'll socialize with our friends before and after dinner. :)

Hi. Does anyone have the dinner menus that they can post? We had dinner once in Blu on an early sailing of the Solstice (one of our friends knew the head waiter) and none of us enjoyed our dinners. I am sure that the menu has changed since than and from what I have read, everyone raves about it. We have a CC cabin booked on the Silhouette next March and are thinking of possibly trying Aqua class instead. Thanks everyone.

Vicky

Hi Vicky:) I know Sandi (Librarylady) and Scott (her hubby) are

sailing on Summit tomorrow and have an AQ cabin. I bet she will

take pictures and will post the menu when she gets back:)

I tried doing a search and there are lots of threads but you would

have to click on all of them 1 by 1;) to see if the full menu is

posted.

Thanks Wine and Lois. We had a wonderful cruise on the Summit in June so I think Sandy will have a great trip..I will look forward to her postings.

Hey Vicky, I am sailing her again in November:) although I did not

book an AQ cabin. I am really looking forward to sailing her again:D

Lois - while we enjoy the S class ships (have one booked for next March and the following Feb) we really love the M class ships. We both thought that the updated Summit was great. Enjoy your cruise! I always enjoy reading your reviews and comments.

Vicky

Vicky

Vicki:

If you go to the site below, you will have a good selection of Celebrity Menus, thanks to Monica Pileggi

http://mycruisetravels.shutterfly.com/diningonboard

BTW, don't go there with an appetite !!!

Ira

• 4 weeks later...

While we have sailed in CC every sailing (except one in a regular veranda on a short cruise on the Millenium), we have talked about trying a AQ cabin. When we booked our TA for next November the AQ was only $200 more for 14 nights so we decided this was our chance.

I am looking forward to it, but somewhat aprehensive about being spoiled and not wanting to "settle" for a CC cabin.

We hate leaving the ship as it is when the cruise is over. We become very fond of our cabin and balcony and breakfast overlooking the water and the crew and fellow passengers. . . .

Agree!!! We have never had anything other than a Sky Suite, even though it means we don't take as many cruises as we would like....we feel quality is better than quanity!!

So glad to hear that a Sky Suite is worth it. We're sailing on Constellation next month - our first on Celebrity and as we're taking our disabled son have got an accessible Sky Suite. I have read one comment that suggested we might have had more space in an ocean view but I'm hoping the nice extras will make up for that.

We are considering booking AQ on an upcoming cruise. Do you have to just eat in Blu, or if you want to sometimes go to the Mdr, is it possible to mix it up? How does select dining work if you choose AQ? You have to pay for tips ahead of time for select, so can you choose select and then it is good for either Blu or the Mdr?

Thanks

Merprincess:

It is my understanding from the various boards is that you book an Aqua Class room, then you are expected to eat in Blu which does not have traditionial late and early seating. You can just show up when it is open and request a table.

As far as eating in the MDR, the consensus seems to be that if you want to eat in the MDR you need to speak to the Matre'd to arrange this through the Select Dining. If they have space they will accomodate you. Having not tried this yet, I am relating what appears to be the consensus of the boards. There does appear to be some differences between ships.

While Blu does look like select in that there are not set dining times they do not ask you to pre-pay the gratuities. I know that does not make sense but it is what it is. This does not automatically allow you to eat in either Blu or the MDR.

Hope this helps

I am cruising " non AQ " for the first time in October. Since I'm traveling solo this cruise I couldn't justify the additional $$$$ ( 200% single supplement )

I hope the MDR food is ok.....I'm apprehensive.

Ugh, Kev,,,two words: Specialty Restaurant.

I took my first non-AQ cruise on the Summit 9/2. MDR was NOT for me. The two meals I ate there (1 Lunch, 1 dinner) were maybe at corporate cafeteria level of quality. 6 night cruise, 1 night dinner in Bermuda, 4 nights at Normandie.

Ugh, Kev,,,two words: Specialty Restaurant.

I took my first non-AQ cruise on the Summit 9/2. MDR was NOT for me. The two meals I ate there (1 Lunch, 1 dinner) were maybe at corporate cafeteria level of quality. 6 night cruise, 1 night dinner in Bermuda, 4 nights at Normandie.

And that's supposed to be an endorsement of Celebrity????

I know what you mean. My worst fear is to book a suite. :eek:

Did that for my first cruise ever, and it ruined me. I put my daughter and sister in a standard balcony cabin last year and I couldn't believe how tiny! I would never be able to go to that. I probably should have booked an inside first, then would never know what I was missing. :)

Did that for my first cruise ever, and it ruined me. I put my daughter and sister in a standard balcony cabin last year and I couldn't believe how tiny! I would never be able to go to that. I probably should have booked an inside first, then would never know what I was missing. :)

We just upgraded to our first Suite (S2) when Celebrity had a special after final payment. 14 days during a TA and with a Butler? Now I'm really scared. :eek::rolleyes::D

I am cruising " non AQ " for the first time in October. Since I'm traveling solo this cruise I couldn't justify the additional $$$$ ( 200% single supplement )

I hope the MDR food is ok.....I'm apprehensive.

I love the MDR! We usually eat in a specialty restaurant once a cruise, but never more than that, because we enjoy being in the MDR so much! I think you will enjoy it! And as a single, you are more than welcome to join us at our table anytime! We enjoy the company of people at dinner and usually request to be seated at a larger table.

We just upgraded to our first Suite (S2) when Celebrity had a special after final payment. 14 days during a TA and with a Butler? Now I'm really scared. :eek::rolleyes::D

I felt so sorry for the dd and ds in their little cabin last year, that I put them in an S2 this year! I'm kind of jealous of their aft location. We did this so that we could all try Blu one night (if space available of course), to see what all the fuss is about. Now I will have 2 more spoiled cruisers on my hands.

We are considering booking AQ on an upcoming cruise. Do you have to just eat in Blu, or if you want to sometimes go to the Mdr, is it possible to mix it up? How does select dining work if you choose AQ? You have to pay for tips ahead of time for select, so can you choose select and then it is good for either Blu or the Mdr?

Thanks

Based on our own AQ experience the answer is that you can still dine wherever you please. In fact, in our 12 day Silhouette cruise we ate in the MDR one one night, Tuscan Grill 1 night, Qsine 1 night, and the rest in Blu. But when it comes to going to the MDR it is wise (pretty much required) that you stop to tell the Blu Maitre d who will then call his counterpart in the MDR and make the necessary arrangments. In our case we were told to show up at a certain MDR door for late sitting (that was our preference) where we were met and seated by the MDR maitre d.

Hank

Archived