Luggage - weight & # of pieces

mouseterd1

I would be divorced if I wanted to take that much stuff. We walk off the ship usually so 1 suitcase and 1 carryon each is enough . I will have a purse and my husband will have a camera bag

For two people. I noticed that I omitted that. If for one, it would have really seemed like a lot!

I've since re-jigged things and now happier taking 2-26" cases and each a carry on. I've really found Alaska to be hard when packing dress items, jeans, sweat shirts, jackets, fleece, hiking and dress shoes, etc. And even though we're not flying into Vancouver, I have split our clothes between the two cases...just in case too!!!

Thanks for all your comments.

I think that is pretty normal. We travel light and took a 21 inch case each with a tiny back pack or shoulder bag each for 2 months to europe. But on a cruise to Alaska I am thinking I will need a bit bigger bag just to cater for all the cold weather gear.

On one of the seabourne threads I was reading a woman takes 8 suitcases for herself. 2 of those bags are for shoes!!!! :):):)

Everyone is different.

I think that is pretty normal. We travel light and took a 21 inch case each with a tiny back pack or shoulder bag each for 2 months to europe. But on a cruise to Alaska I am thinking I will need a bit bigger bag just to cater for all the cold weather gear.

On one of the seabourne threads I was reading a woman takes 8 suitcases for herself. 2 of those bags are for shoes!!!! :):):)

Everyone is different.

That is a lot of luggage!:eek:

I used to overpack. An Alaska trip two years ago cured me. We had so much stuff, I felt like a Sherpa. Since then, I have cut back. Most cruise lines offer a 15/bag laundry special. Ship laundries are fine for undies, socks, sturdy pants. Taking half as much of those items reduces packing. Also, for Alaska, no jackets for men and dressy pants/top work fine for women. As far as shoes? I will never see these people again, I hope they look at my smiling face (with all the scenery) and not my feet. LOL

Archived