Mariner vs Navigator Vintage Bars

We have booked a cruise on the Navigator for March 2013. It looks like the Mariner has been refurbished. I'm looking for pros and cons for each ship. We were on the Allure in April. We loved the Vintages Bar. Has anyone tried out the Vintages on either the Mariner or the Navigator? Does RCI have shuttle service from IAH or HOU airports to the Galveston port?

I've been on both ships, and their Vintages were virtually identical. But I would bet that Mariner now has the "upgraded" version, which includes more comfy seating and the wine dispensers (you put your Seapass in and get either a tasting pour, 2 oz or 5 oz glass). I'm not a fan of the latter, since a friendly winetender often pours with a heavy hand.:)

Overall I preferred Navigator, but not for any specific reason. I found that the ship just had a better vibe.

I've been on both ships, and their Vintages were virtually identical. But I would bet that Mariner now has the "upgraded" version, which includes more comfy seating and the wine dispensers (you put your Seapass in and get either a tasting pour, 2 oz or 5 oz glass). I'm not a fan of the latter, since a friendly winetender often pours with a heavy hand.:)

Overall I preferred Navigator, but not for any specific reason. I found that the ship just had a better vibe.

Thanks for your input. I totally agree I want the conversation from the winetender. I don't want to just be filling a glass. Good wine and good conversation go hand in hand. We just weren't sure how the Navigator is holding up since it is also due for an upgrade.

I also prefer Navigator over Mariner. For me and Mariner, it probably has to do with having the worst MDR serving team that we have ever encountered. That cruise was a few years ago but that team was bad enough to still have an impression on me.

Thanks for your input. I totally agree I want the conversation from the winetender. I don't want to just be filling a glass. Good wine and good conversation go hand in hand. We just weren't sure how the Navigator is holding up since it is also due for an upgrade.
Save 15% gratuity though by serving yourself :D

Let me at Vintages on Mariner in 37 days time!

I did not notice that Explorer has a Vintages and it is in the same class as Mariner and Navigator. I thought all ships in the same class were the same.
Only Voyager class 'mark 2' have Vintages which are Navigator and Mariner, Voyager, Adventure and Explorer currently have a sports bar in the same location on the Royal Promenade.

However, the revitalization plans show that these ships will get a Vintages following their upgrades In 2014.

Archived