How do we liven up this board?

Banditswife

Just noticed you are a Pink Boa cruiser - was with a gang of them on the Navigator last Feb - fun people - very nice and friendly -

I forgot about the other new ship - Anthem - if we sail from NJ, we are ok since we have family in NJ -- i'd rather sail from Fl tho' - we love Ft Lauder...

Carol

I have 3 pink boas since I'm a flamingo collector and my flamingo collecting friends and I wear boas when we get together. But I'll also be a Pink Boa Cruiser in November, on the Allure cruise, haven't met any of them yet other than on the Trans Atlantic message thread. At least one of the ladies from the TA will be on the Allure in November so I'll meet her then. Our Allure M&M just got approved, we now officially have 25 who signed up for it which means we'll be meeting at least 23 people during that event, some of them boa ladies.

We're really looking forward to 8 days at sea, nice and relaxing. I'm also interested in Vigo, Spain. Sounds like a nice place, I'm sure we'll plan an excursion there. And we'll be in Bruges, Belgium for 2 days before leaving Rotterdam. We love that silly movie In Bruges so we want to see the town where it was filmed.

Yes the Anthem should be being built while we're in Rotterdam. The Quantum is making its debut around the time of the Oasis TA sailing. Some of the people are talking about taking a tour to the shipyard before the TA, to see the Anthem being built, but we won't have time for that since we'll be in Bruges.

We sail out of Ft. Lauderdale quite a bit, even though we're 25 minutes from Port Canaveral. We like the big ships and that's where they live, so we drive a little over 2 hours to get to them. Well worth it!

JaneyZee:

I know Wendy (breezy) of the PBC -- she's a hoot - you'll love her - lovely gal and fun.

In our town here, I never noticed until someone pointed it out to me, there is a very stately home in one of the neighborhoods, and if you look at their front lawn, there are about 40 pink flamigos all over!! really cute! I think I got your cruise all messed up, I mentioned to you and Wendy that you'll be on the Oasis-- WRONG, "I" will be on the Oasis in Feb... you guys will be on the Allure - doesn't take much to get me all confused!! ha!ha!

carol

Tom47, I'm so glad that they found out what had caused Pat's problem. This will seem strange, but I have been in/out of the hospital for 6 times within the past two years. It has always been hard for them to find my veins, and I hated it, as they kept pokeing, and pokeing and digging, trying to find my veins. Finally, the 5th time at the hospital, someone came up with the idea of putting a picc in me, and that was the BEST thing they could have done. What a difference it made for me while in the hospital.:)

Yes, we are so thankful that Declan who has Spina Bifida, finally started talking. We have a Children's Mercy Hospital not too far (it is one of the 10 best children's hospitals in the USA) not to far from where we live, and it has been a God send through these past 4 years.

JaneyZee:

In our town here, I never noticed until someone pointed it out to me, there is a very stately home in one of the neighborhoods, and if you look at their front lawn, there are about 40 pink flamigos all over!! really cute! I think I got your cruise all messed up, I mentioned to you and Wendy that you'll be on the Oasis-- WRONG, "I" will be on the Oasis in Feb... you guys will be on the Allure - doesn't take much to get me all confused!! ha!ha!

carol

Carol, I'm perpetually confused so don't worry about it. Wendy and I will be on the Allure together this year and Oasis next year for the TA. So I can see where you got confused. And I think that house with the flamingos must be the best house on the block!!!

Edited by janeyzee

Tom47, I'm so glad that they found out what had caused Pat's problem. This will seem strange, but I have been in/out of the hospital for 6 times within the past two years. It has always been hard for them to find my veins, and I hated it, as they kept pokeing, and pokeing and digging, trying to find my veins. Finally, the 5th time at the hospital, someone came up with the idea of putting a picc in me, and that was the BEST thing they could have done. What a difference it made for me while in the hospital.:)

Yes, we are so thankful that Declan who has Spina Bifida, finally started talking. We have a Children's Mercy Hospital not too far (it is one of the 10 best children's hospitals in the USA) not to far from where we live, and it has been a God send through these past 4 years.

Will keep your grands in my prayers - hate it when kids have health issues - when I see some of our bratty nieces/nephews run around being wild, I have to be thankful that they are just that - and not ill -- I support and give minimal donations to St Jude Childrens Hospital - even tho' I never had kids or grands, I love our nieces/nephews and their kids and other peoples' kids... so for sure, you have my moral support...

carol

Will keep your grands in my prayers - hate it when kids have health issues - when I see some of our bratty nieces/nephews run around being wild, I have to be thankful that they are just that - and not ill -- I support and give minimal donations to St Jude Childrens Hospital - even tho' I never had kids or grands, I love our nieces/nephews and their kids and other peoples' kids... so for sure, you have my moral support...

carol

Hi

Thanks Carol. Liz and I have learned how to do physical "clapping" therapy, PICC line antibiotics and feeding tube procedures. Now that they are in NC, we don't have to do any of these. Actually, we never had to do PICC line antibiotics. We learned when Gin was 8 and 1/2 months pregnant w. Donny and Julia had her 1st PICC line. Gin did not give birth until after the PICC line came out.

Pat no longer has a feeding tube and Julia does her own overnight. They now have a machine for the "clapping" therapy

Tom:)

Hi

Yes PICC lines are good. Julia used to get stuffed animals as a reward before the 1st PICC line. After a while, she used them as a weapon to stop them from poking her.

I'm pleased that Declan has a high quality Children's hospital nearby.

Tom:)[

Corkey, you are right. We must think YOUNG!:) I am 70, and still working for a large corporation, where several people younger than I, are retireing now. I love my job, and most people think I am younger than what I am, which I'm thankful for. I have been in the hospital 6 times within these past two years, and during that time, I'm feeling like I'm in my 80's, but thank God, I am getting better.:)

Corkey, you are right. We must think YOUNG!:) I am 70, and still working for a large corporation, where several people younger than I, are retireing now. I love my job, and most people think I am younger than what I am, which I'm thankful for. I have been in the hospital 6 times within these past two years, and during that time, I'm feeling like I'm in my 80's, but thank God, I am getting better.:)

70 is NOT old - good for you - keep thinking young - 80 is not old either!!

I am leaving now - Hawaii bound - chat with you all when I get a chance!! carol

Corkey, the stately home you mentioned in your area, you said there were about 40 flamigos? Were they REAL, or statutes? That would be something if they were real.

We live in a village of pretty expensive homes, some more than others. Just a couple houses down, a couple move in, and redid the home, and they have (I'm sure a few (maybe not around us) others may have this too) ice/snow free driveway. What a way to go in Missouri, especially if you have long driveways like we do.

Yes, it sure makes a difference when you see children running around and are "healthy."

I was young when we had our twin boys. I didn't think how well off we were until I took one of them to the hospital (he was around 5 or 6) to have stitches taken out. While leaving, we seen twin boys around 8 years old. They both had polio. I knew then God had really blessed us with healthy boys, even thow they were small, but NOT now.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Just found this thread and have enjoyed reading your posts. I love cruise talk! I'm 58 and hubby just turned 65. We have been on 4 cruises. All on Carnival. We have one booked on Celebrity next May. Anxious to see the differences in the lines. DH (a city manager) will retire in August but I will still be working. I'm a librarian but don't work in a library. Work in library services for a book distributor and love my job. We live in Tennessee. Close to Nashville. Hope to hear more from all of you.:)

Hello everyone. Just found this thread and have enjoyed reading your posts. I love cruise talk!

Hi Bookcat - I'm 58 also and love to cruise. I've been watching port cams lately cuz I don't cruise again until November and I needed a cruise fix! Watched the Oasis leave Port Everglades yesterday and wished I was on her. We'll be on Allure in November then the Oasis for a Transatlantic in 2014.

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to our newcomers!

We are into the start of winter now and I don't like it at all! Colder and more rain.:(

We had a long weekend this weekend...we got Monday off for Queen's Birthday. Hubby and I were able to do quite a bit around the garden which was great. We pruned, weeded and put down new bark. There are flowers in a newly created garden.

I hope none of you have been caught up in all the tornadoes we have heard about. We have seen some news footage and it looks very scary.

Have a great week wherever you are! :)

Mary

Hello everyone. Just found this thread and have enjoyed reading your posts. I love cruise talk! I'm 58 and hubby just turned 65. We have been on 4 cruises. All on Carnival. We have one booked on Celebrity next May. Anxious to see the differences in the lines. DH (a city manager) will retire in August but I will still be working. I'm a librarian but don't work in a library. Work in library services for a book distributor and love my job. We live in Tennessee. Close to Nashville. Hope to hear more from all of you.:)

Hi Bobcat...welcome welcome....be back to talk when t get home from Hawaii...

Carol

Hi Bookcat

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises, but none by Carnival. We are going a Celebrity cruise next May also. We like their no smoking policy.

Speaking of books, I bring a Kindle and Liz brings paperbacks. What your preferences?

Hi Bookcat

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises, but none by Carnival. We are going a Celebrity cruise next May also. We like their no smoking policy.

Speaking of books, I bring a Kindle and Liz brings paperbacks. What your preferences?

The no smoking policy sounds great to us also. I really like to have the book in my hand.... but my kids gave me a Nook to take on our cruise last month and it was really nice to have lots of books without having to pack them all. Probably won't use it much at home but it sure is nice for travel.

Hi Bookcat

We were on the Silhouette Nov. 2011 ...when it was new...loved it...beautiful ship...carol

Hi Bookcat

The no smoking policy sounds great to us also. I really like to have the book in my hand.... but my kids gave me a Nook to take on our cruise last month and it was really nice to have lots of books without having to pack them all. Probably won't use it much at home but it sure is nice for travel.

I love my original kindle and my new Paperwhite kindle and those books are also on my iPad...love all these devices and real books as well...love holding a book and turning the pages..but I have a sight problem and need huge fonts so the Ereaders work for me now...be home tomorrow at midnight...chat with you thurs... Carol

I love my original kindle and my new Paperwhite kindle and those books are also on my iPad...love all these devices and real books as well...love holding a book and turning the pages..but I have a sight problem and need huge fonts so the Ereaders work for me now...be home tomorrow at midnight...chat with you thurs... Carol

Hi

Both of you might be interested in BookBub info@bookbub.com and Ereader admin@ereadernewstoday.com Free/low cost ebooks via daily emails. BookBub is also on facebook.

Hi

Both of you might be interested in BookBub info@bookbub.com and Ereader admin@ereadernewstoday.com Free/low cost ebooks via daily emails. BookBub is also on facebook.

I've downloaded quite a few free and 99 cent books from BookBub. They are shared by my iPad and iPhone Kindle app so I can read them wherever and on whatever device I have with me at the moment.

I've gotten several free books from bookbub....but didn't know about ereadernewstoday. I'll check that out Thanks Tom47 :)

I just now downloaded from Amazon a Goose Berry Brownies cookbook for free - I love cookbooks - !! have quite a collection - in my kindle and physically - over 1000 in my physical collection - and I don't cook much nor am I a good cook!!ha!ha!

carol