How do we liven up this board?

Banditswife

I'll be meeting both Chris and Wendy in November, on the Allure. Have yet to see them in person but I feel I know them from the Forums.

I've only met Wendy - wonderful gal and you will just love her - Chris is on my Quantum roll call (and so is Wendy) and I can tell he is a super nice person too -

You will be with them before me -- !! Host corkey

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone ! hope you are all doing well and busy planning all those future cruises!! Host Corkey

Hi

Liz and I have just returned from a Keating family reunion in Ireland where we met w. some of my Irish cousins. I also walked the Carick a Rede rope bridge. Liz passed on that one

Tom:):)

Hi

Liz and I have just returned from a Keating family reunion in Ireland where we met w. some of my Irish cousins. I also walked the Carick a Rede rope bridge. Liz passed on that one

Tom:):)

Welcome Back - how exciting!! Ireland is beautiful - only been there once on a stop while on a cruise - Dublin and Cork - I know you will have tons of pics!! Host Corkey

Welcome Back - how exciting!! Ireland is beautiful - only been there once on a stop while on a cruise - Dublin and Cork - I know you will have tons of pics!! Host Corkey

Hi

I still have your email. I can send you a Snapfish link to our pics, if you want.

Tom

Tom47, I'm sure my d-i-l would have liked to have been over in your area also. She is from the Irish background, and has "name" all 7 of her boys with Irish names. :)

Hi

That is cool. Seven boys--must be a handful. My grandfather was 1 of 18 children by his father.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Thank You Tom - very nice pics and I am really enjoying them - I will go over them very slowly and REALLY look at them - thank you so much for sharing!! Host Corkey

Hi

I'm pleased that you like them. The 1st picture is of Pat, my youngest grandson, wearing my glasses, taken at his request. Some pictures were then taken by Pat. He is 6.

Tom:)

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well with each of you.

Tom47 - that trip to Ireland sounds wonderful. My dad was Irish and I would love to take a trip there.

Beshears - 7 boys! Phew!

Since I last posted, things have been moving for us. I mentioned that my DH had been made redundant. Well, he now has a permanent position again (began as a contract). He is really happy and it is a role that he loves. He is off for a week to Hong Kong and China, tonight.

But, bigger news that that - our daughter's boyfriend has asked for our blessing to marry her. He will propose to her next weekend. We are very excited. I have never had to plan a wedding before and I imagine that will have its challenges. :eek:

We are still in wintery weather here with lots of rain.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Mary

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well with each of you.

Tom47 - that trip to Ireland sounds wonderful. My dad was Irish and I would love to take a trip there.

Beshears - 7 boys! Phew!

Since I last posted, things have been moving for us. I mentioned that my DH had been made redundant. Well, he now has a permanent position again (began as a contract). He is really happy and it is a role that he loves. He is off for a week to Hong Kong and China, tonight.

But, bigger news that that - our daughter's boyfriend has asked for our blessing to marry her. He will propose to her next weekend. We are very excited. I have never had to plan a wedding before and I imagine that will have its challenges. :eek:

We are still in wintery weather here with lots of rain.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Mary

Hi Mary

It was a great trip. Keatings from UK, Ireland, Europe and US attended. We had some from Australia in 2006, but I didn't see any this time.

Congrats on upcoming wedding and DH's job.

Edited by Tom47
typo

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my Tom, your grandfather had 18 children? Was he married more than once? I would feel sorry for the woman if she had 18, but that couldn't be any worse than the Duggers who are on TV with 19 I believe. :)

Hi

My grandfather had 17 siblings. His father's 1st 2 wives died in childbirth.

!st wife 2

2nd----8

3rd 8

• 4 weeks later...
Had been just lurking but have been enjoying the back and forth. Looking forward to our cruise on HAL FLL-Dover on Apr 6/14.

Just to add to the children part: I am the oldest of 10, my DH is an only.

Hello - been so busy with my roll call that

I have neglected some of my other threads - glad you found us -

I am an ONLY kid --- my husband is one of 10 - we don't have any kids - so the worlds ends with ME!!

I love his big family altho' it does get

overwhelming - there are nearly 100 members of his family and that's just counting the original siblings, nieces/nephews and grandkids and great grands -

I have a lot of cousins so I am not totally without a mob myself -

Carol

Hello - been so busy with my roll call that

I have neglected some of my other threads - glad you found us -

I am an ONLY kid --- my husband is one of 10 - we don't have any kids - so the worlds ends with ME!!

I love his big family altho' it does get

overwhelming - there are nearly 100 members of his family and that's just counting the original siblings, nieces/nephews and grandkids and great grands -

I have a lot of cousins so I am not totally without a mob myself -

Carol

Hi Carol

I found an interesting article on cruise ships. See

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/28/business/too-big-to-sail-cruise-ships-face-scrutiny.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131028

• 2 weeks later...

Carol, you said you were the only child, and your husband was from a family of 10, well that is almost like me. I was an only child (half brother lived elsewhere) and married a man with 6 siblings, which made 7 children. It was hard for me to get used to it, but I did. We had 3 sons, and now have 15 grandchildren. When all of the Beshears family get together, there is probably 100 - 150 now, starting with us over 50 years ago.:)

I'd love for there to be more on this board about cruising for us who are 55+. I'll be cruising on Carnival's Splendor in January 2014 which will be my....mmmm, possibly 10th cruise but my FIRST as a single adult. I'm taking my daughter and her friend but it's doubtful they'll want to spend much time with ME. It doesn't matter though as I'm a sociable adult and look forward to meeting people. The Roll Call boards and various discussion threads are a good way to talk with others who share the love of travel.