nextcruise transfer to travel agent?

ok, so i have a nextcruise certificate (held with royal, ie no travel agent is listed on the nextcruise confirmation) and i want to book a cruise through a specific travel agent because they have some good mileage perks. the cruise leaves on dec 3, 2012 and, for various reasons, i want to book within the next week and pay in full.

so am i supposed to book and pay with the travel agent first or submit the travel agency transfer form to rcl first? if it's the latter, then i suppose i have to wait until my travel agent receives the transfer from rcl...? called rcl 3 different times, spoke with 4 people and got different answers...so i decided to ask the people who really know what's going on!

thanks

Fax the next cruise certificate to the travel agent. At this point it is unassigned. the travel agent should be able to let you know what needs to be done. They can either book it with your number, or request that you fill out the transfer/assignment form.

You have 30 days from the day you book to transfer it to a TA...but if you know the TA you want to use...just give them the booking # on your NCC...and let them do all the work.

You can book the cruise yourself and then transfer the booking to the TA. You actually have 60 days from the time the Next Cruise is first assigned to a cruise to transfer the booking to a travel agent. Do not pay off the cruise until the transfer is complete. Once a cruise is paid off, it cannot be transferred.

ok, so i have a nextcruise certificate (held with royal, ie no travel agent is listed on the nextcruise confirmation) and i want to book a cruise through a specific travel agent because they have some good mileage perks. the cruise leaves on dec 3, 2012 and, for various reasons,

so am i supposed to book and pay with the travel agent first or submit the travel agency transfer form to rcl first? if it's the latter, then i suppose i have to wait until my travel agent receives the transfer from rcl...? called rcl 3 different times, spoke with 4 people and got different answers...so i decided to ask the people who really know what's going on!

thanks

From the RCI website which includes the form you must fill out and submit. Do not pay off your cruise until you have filled out the form and your TA has control.

"Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax".

ok, so i have a nextcruise certificate (held with royal, ie no travel agent is listed on the nextcruise confirmation) and i want to book a cruise through a specific travel agent because they have some good mileage perks. the cruise leaves on dec 3, 2012 and, for various reasons, i want to book within the next week and pay in full.

thanks

You can do either:

Call and book the specific cruise now with a RCCL rep(if you are worried about the price going up or you see a cabin you have to have).....then transfer it

OR

transfer the NC booking now..............wait a few days till the TA gets it,then let him/her book the cruise you want.

I just did this (NC with TA) I just told the TA I had a next cruise, faxed it to TA and was booked within 24 hrs. I did not use any xfer forms

Maybe when you bought that NC,your TAs info was already on it?(if you booked that cruise you were on with that TA)..or else,you would have had to officially transfer it..

Maybe when you bought that NC,your TAs info was already on it?(if you booked that cruise you were on with that TA)..or else,you would have had to officially transfer it..
Absolutly not no TA was named on it. In fact I did not use a TA for the Cruise it was booked on (NOS 15 Dec, 2010)

Absolutly not no TA was named on it. In fact I did not use a TA for the Cruise it was booked on (NOS 15 Dec, 2010)

Hmmmmmmmmm,then I don't know how they did it without a transfer form with your signature on it..

Archived