Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

scumbers

Hi

We have been allocated this hotel pre stay when we arrive in the US before out cruise on eclipse

I have been on to tripadvisor to see reviews and there are alot of negative reviews.

For people who cruise and expect high standards has anyone had problems with this hotel

I appreciate there are always negative comments and it is only opinions and what one person likes the other might hate but never stayed in a hotel with as many negative reviews so would like to hear your thoughts

cheers

Hi

We have been allocated this hotel pre stay when we arrive in the US before out cruise on eclipse

I have been on to tripadvisor to see reviews and there are alot of negative reviews.

For people who cruise and expect high standards has anyone had problems with this hotel

I appreciate there are always negative comments and it is only opinions and what one person likes the other might hate but never stayed in a hotel with as many negative reviews so would like to hear your thoughts

cheers

Fortunately, I did not look on Tripadvisor before staying there pre-cruise this May. The choice of hotel was Celebrity's and as it was only for one night I did not bother to check it out, because we have never been allocated a bad hotel when travelling with Celebrity. The hotel was very nice and our room (ground floor) was a good size and overlooked the swimming pool. Check in staff very nice - would be very happy to stay there again.

Hi -we stayed there in March and were upgraded to a marina view high floor which was really nice. We loved it -great nights sleep in a huge bed and coffee machine in the room. We were given a voucher for coffee,orange juice and a pastry the next morning which filled a gap before getting on board ship.There is a nice grill restaurant near the pool if you need to eat in the evening. The staff were very welcoming too. I did leave a review on trip advisor. Hope you enjoy it but remember its only the start of a fantastic trip.:)

We have stayed twice at this hotel and found it to be quite nice, for the price. We were able to get a room facing the port, which is very close to this hotel. Quite nice to see all the ships in the port. Also, they serve a fairly nice buffet sytle breakfast. The water taxi has a stop at this hotel, so you can take a trip along the intercoastal in Fort Lauderdale. Also there is a pretty nice seafood reastaurant, the 15th Street Fishery right across from the hotel. You will need to take either the water taxi or land taxi to get to it, as there is a channel between the hotel and the restaurant. There is also a very nice Italian restaurant that is perhaps a 10/15 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a Walgreens drugstore that is perhaps a five/ten minute walk from the hotel. Alot of people go there to stock up on sun screen, etc.

Fab hotel stayed 3 times. Far better than pier 66 and embassy suites. We stayed as an add on for a few days. Bar round pool is good and starbucks turn right front of hotel and walk 10 mins is good for breakfast and cheaper than hotel

We have stayed there twice and have no complaints. There are many lovely boats anchored in the marina and it is fun to walk around and look at them. The pool is lovely and there is a bar out by the pool as well.

There is a crush to board the buses for the ship on embarkation day as well as for cabs starting around 11:30. We beat the rush by taking a cab at 11:15 or so. I would rather wait a few minutes at the port than stand in a long line with tons of other people waiting to board a full bus.

We arrived at the port around 11:30, waited in a nice area after checking in promptly for about 30 minutes for everyone to debark the vessel and were onboard by 12:00.

Have a great cruise.

We stayed here between two consecutive cruises and it was paid for by Royal Caribbean. We had a room in the old part of the hotel near the marina and it was a very far walk from the main part of the hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable but the bathroom faucet was odd. We had a huge patio (ground floor) looking into the marina and it was nice to enjoy the evening or morning out there. I thought the hotel food and beverage was very expensive for what you got, but I know that is par with the area. We also were not able to find seats or loungers at the pool, it was usually very crowded during the day. The staff was ok, not overly friendly or attentive but we were taken care of without bells or whistles. We did use the laundry facility as we were between cruises. There are two washers and four dryers so you have to plan accordingly and there was usually a wait for machines. We also did walk to the Walgreens to get some things we had run out of. We were a large group and ordered pizzas for dinner from a pizzeria that the hotel recommended and they were terrible and didn't even get one of our 5 pizza orders correct. I would not order from that place again. I would stay at this hotel again if the price was $150 or less per night but no more than that for a standard room.

Hi

cheers

We are Hilton Diamond HHonors members. For a one night stay this is fine - the room will be comfortable. That said, this facility is not up to what I consider normal Hilton standards. Follow the suggestions others have posted. If your stay includes breakfast - GO EARLY! On cruise days the restaurant gets overwhelmed by 8:30 - 9:00.

If your stay does not include breakfast, take a walk and find another option, you will save a bunch of $$$ and have a pleasant morning stroll to boot!

Personally, we find the Embassy Suites nearby to be a much better option.

I have stayed here before as well. It has a pick up point for the

Water Taxi which is great:)

But I do remember something very funky about the shower and it was

the first time I had ever experienced something like it and I did not

like it:rolleyes:.....the shower doors? Stayed OPEN.....and the water came

from a ceiling fixture, rather than from the wall......it was quite

weird to me:eek:

I have stayed here before as well. It has a pick up point for the

Water Taxi which is great:)

But I do remember something very funky about the shower and it was

the first time I had ever experienced something like it and I did not

like it:rolleyes:.....the shower doors? Stayed OPEN.....and the water came

from a ceiling fixture, rather than from the wall......it was quite

weird to me:eek:

Haha yes! I remember those rain forest showers. Our bathroom was awash

:eek: Looked very nice but not exactly functional.

We have had several stays at the FLL Hilton in the big newer building and it has been fine. Once, pre-cruise, we did their breakfast buffet and didn't find it too crowded. The rooms were clean and quiet. Loved the outside ambiance and the yachts. Preferred it to Hyatt Pier 66.

We stayed once at Embassy Suites and while it was convenient for shopping, the rooms were nothing special and the noise! The noise from the traffic outside was terrible while trying to sleep at night - was a Friday night and we could hear people ourside at some nearby bar! We didn't sleep much! The "free" drinks at Happy Hour - swamped with people. Didn't work for us! Breakfast buffet was packed the next morning and we could hardly find a place to sit once we got our food!

We would not stay again at Embassy Suites and we would definately stay again at the Hilton. Everyone is different...

Haha yes! I remember those rain forest showers. Our bathroom was awash

:eek: Looked very nice but not exactly functional.

I had no idea they were called "rain forest showers":eek:......

They are not for me........I prefer a showerhead that I can

adjust. Call me nuts......:rolleyes:

We stayed 2 nights earlier this year which was fine for our pre cruise stay

Agree about the breakfast area though - it was manic

There is a very nice restaurant across the road (under the bridge) called Market 17, only a couple of minutes walk away, and the water taxi stop made it easy for us to get around as we didnt bother to hire a car for such a short stay

For a pre-cruise stay I would recommend for location and marina ambiance.

We got in around 10:00 at night so we just got a quick drink in the pool side tiki bar and headed off to be. Clean, well appointed room, but the lay out with the two part hotel ... new tower over looks Port Everglades, older part doesn't really have much in the way of views, probably keeps it from getting 100% good reviews.

We skipped the breakfast because of the price and I walked down the street because I needed to get some sunscreen from Walgreens and I picked up breakfast sandwiches for about $6 from Subway.

I don't know why so many bad reviews, we booked it again with our Hilton points for our next cruise in March.

Fab hotel stayed 3 times. Far better than pier 66 and embassy suites. We stayed as an add on for a few days. Bar round pool is good and starbucks turn right front of hotel and walk 10 mins is good for breakfast and cheaper than hotel

We are staying At the Hilton post cruise in October. Do you by chance remember the name of this place for breakfast?

Thanks in advance!

Melody:D

RCI put us up here in April

I am very very fussy about hotels

This was a very good option and a great location (chaos getting all pax to ship though)

Would stop there again, without a second thought

We booked this hotel for 1 night before our Equinox cruise. Having read negative reviews on trip advisor was worried what it would be like. Have to say we had no problem and found it to be friendly and very clean (had a tower room). Would definitely stay again and found it very handy for selection of shops to stock up on wine etc for cruise. Paid a lot more to stay at Hilton beach after the cruise and didn't think it was as good and wished we were back at the marina.

Archived