balcony shower dimensions

chipfixer

I'm not very big, but sometimes it does annoy me that the curtain touches my body while showering.

We did notice that they had installed new shower pans in some cabins on the Caribbean on our last cruise. In talking to the hotel director she said they were phasing them in to replace the old shower pans. It was such a clever design that we are hoping we can get someone to duplicate it to replace our shower pan.

I'm not very big, but sometimes it does annoy me that the curtain touches my body while showering.

We did notice that they had installed new shower pans in some cabins on the Caribbean on our last cruise. In talking to the hotel director she said they were phasing them in to replace the old shower pans. It was such a clever design that we are hoping we can get someone to duplicate it to replace our shower pan.

Most intriguing. Can you elaborate on the design? Does it afford more space? I have often wondered why the shower curtain rod design wasn't altered to mimic what one finds now in the hotels. Their rods are bowed outward taking the curtain further out and away from the body. Even a couple of inches could help curtail the yuk factor.

Try using plastic clothespins or clips on the bottom of the curtain, i use 5 and distribute evenly, completely eliminates this problem. One of the best tips i,ve gotten from these boards. I also love the cruise shower caddy I got (just google it) which fits perfectly in the shower of the Princess ships and gives me a place for my toiletries in the shower, another great tip.

Most intriguing. Can you elaborate on the design? Does it afford more space? I have often wondered why the shower curtain rod design wasn't altered to mimic what one finds now in the hotels. Their rods are bowed outward taking the curtain further out and away from the body. Even a couple of inches could help curtail the yuk factor.

On the CB in late May on the Aloha Deck, they did not have these. I did notice that Deck 8 was getting all new mattresses though, so maybe they were starting on that same deck with the new shower pans. I don't think the shower curtain can bow out any more than it already does. If it did, it would have to be imbedded in the bathroom ceiling. It's currently part of the shower pan unit I think.

The shower size? Tiny x Tiny :D

They are small, but DW and I have not had any significant problems with the shower curtain.
That is good to hear. The shower pan on our last cabin on the Sapphire was badly cracked. The unit can't be replaced without great effort so it is good that they have identified a repair.

I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last few years and even when I was at my heaviest, I've never had a problem with the shower, shower curtain, etc. Never used pegs as I've never needed them.

Here's a photo of the shower floor to give you an idea as to size and shape. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343508636.151895.jpg.1de121253c0dca1b94714115da8259a8.jpg

I was a little nervous before our cruise about the shower. I am a plus size lady, but had no problem getting clean in there. I will look into the shower caddy for the next trip. I just kept the shampoo and soap caddy on the shelf next to the sink and set it on the toilet lid while in the shower. I did however find the seats in the theater very uncomfortable. Too much junk in the trunk for those seats. :D

Archived